djdan

Bug Tracking Process

djdan

Hi! I was just wondering how we will report bugs once the alpha is released?

Will there be a separate Bug Tracker, or will it be built into the game, or do we report via Forums?

I really believe lots of constructive feedback from the community will make this the best game ever!

Kwahamot

There will be a section on the forums where you will be able to speak about the Alpha. Please note: This is the only place you're allowed to talk about the Alpha. You can report bugs and more.

You will also be able to report bugs in-game by using the tool they have available. This is a quote from one of the developers:

Forums and there will be an ingame way to report bugs

It will be defenetly good thing to have ingame report system, to send coordinates and the report about something wrong on the location

TarkovEscaper

There is planned bug reporter built in the game and the Alpha tester forums.

I can't say if built in bug reporter will be from the very start or no. But forums will be 100% available!

• Upvote 3

SUPER-MAN
2 hours ago, TarkovEscaper said:

I can't say if built in bug reporter will be from the very start or no. But forums will be 100% available!

Ur post are still short but very constructive. Thanks man.

JAGUAR1950
3 hours ago, TarkovEscaper said:

@TarkovEscaper 

This is only a suggestion and hopefully you will be able to implement this:

If possible you should consider having the Bug reporter implemented and live within the Forums at the very start of ALPHA testing when your servers go live and are On-Line.

From my past experience on Moderating ALPHA testing Forums the vast majority of members with access to Testing regardless of how diligent your Dev’s and programmers have been. They will immediately start to find the smallest of BUGS / GLITCHES.

“It’s What you’re asking them to do”

They will obviously wish to report them by way of your planned BUG REPORTER it is essential that the reports are monitored and are able to be substantiated by at least 3 individual Testers and a Screen Shot.

Duplicate reports with the same BUG or GLITCH will appear and need to be merged or deleted in a retrievable dump file this needs to start from the get go.

Bug reports will also need to have a priority listing URGENT / HIGH / LOW and a numerical clerical number for reference I can honestly say within a short space of time you could have several hundred reports waiting to be examined by your Dev’s and programmers.

You do not want to be playing catch up within your system and get over whelmed.     

• Upvote 1

SUPER-MAN
11 hours ago, JAGUAR1950 said:

@TarkovEscaper 

This is only a suggestion and hopefully you will be able to implement this:

If possible you should consider having the Bug reporter implemented and live within the Forums at the very start of ALPHA testing when your servers go live and are On-Line.

From my past experience on Moderating ALPHA testing Forums the vast majority of members with access to Testing regardless of how diligent your Dev’s and programmers have been. They will immediately start to find the smallest of BUGS / GLITCHES.

“It’s What you’re asking them to do”

They will obviously wish to report them by way of your planned BUG REPORTER it is essential that the reports are monitored and are able to be substantiated by at least 3 individual Testers and a Screen Shot.

Duplicate reports with the same BUG or GLITCH will appear and need to be merged or deleted in a retrievable dump file this needs to start from the get go.

Bug reports will also need to have a priority listing URGENT / HIGH / LOW and a numerical clerical number for reference I can honestly say within a short space of time you could have several hundred reports waiting to be examined by your Dev’s and programmers.

You do not want to be playing catch up within your system and get over whelmed.     

Bug reporter ll be great. Some games also automatically report crash when it happens.

Keza

How do I file bug report? Nothing in game?
I got stuck in the level (in stairway) and had to abort.....

Kwahamot
14 hours ago, Keza said:

How do I file bug report? Nothing in game?
I got stuck in the level (in stairway) and had to abort.....

You can report bugs on your profile:

http://www.escapefromtarkov.com/profile

Please also use the alpha section for any related alpha questions or problems.

Holadinn

Hi Devs, i have595ec3822e47b_2017-07-0700-55_62.3_1.3_-2.1_0.6_-0.1_0.1_0.8_(0).thumb.png.d65b16bff6f7532b2d4020d3d42e82f2.png bug to report from Factory. I killed this guy with headshot and his body fall lower under this tank.

It was unlootable for me.

Holadinn

Edited by Holadinn

necuja
On 7/6/2017 at 6:11 PM, Holadinn said:

Hi Devs, i have595ec3822e47b_2017-07-0700-55_62.3_1.3_-2.1_0.6_-0.1_0.1_0.8_(0).thumb.png.d65b16bff6f7532b2d4020d3d42e82f2.png bug to report from Factory. I killed this guy with headshot and his body fall lower under this tank.

It was unlootable for me.

Holadinn

This was not a post to report your bugs on, use the report bug function in your launcher or go to the support page on main website