Finale

Too much Fort Armor

Zitat

You have spent 80 hours in a couple weeks in the game and you're surprised you have an abundance of anything?

I know english is not my first language but please try to think while you are reading. I compare the new patch to the early old one by backing up said words with the hours ive played this patch. I never said iam surprised by anything and your stupid one liners doesnt help with the discussion.

Edited by Finale
  • Cold 1
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 1

Regarding the balancing of spawn rates, there are a couple of additional parameters one should take into consideration:

Who do you want to balance it for? The casual, the average or the pro?

Regarding the different types of players, you have different skill types and a different amount of playtime (kids that play after school, unemployed people, people with a regular job but no other hobbies than gaming, people with a regular job and a girlfriend, people with a regular job and a family and so on) .

From my point of view, it would make the most sense to have a look at the data, evaluate the average skill level and the average time at hand for tarkov and then tweak the spawn rates in a way that the average player has a low chance to find a fort armor on each run (surviving that run is another thing).

This throws off the balance of spawn rates a bit for people with a daily gaming time of 5+ hours daily, but it makes the most sense for me. And I have the impression that this is the exact same thing that the devs are trying to accomplish. Not only in regard to spawn rates, also in regard to AI behaviour and other stuff.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Finale said:

I know of 7 jackets and 8 filecabinets and 1 safe on factory. If you calculate your chances by only checking 1 safe every raid you see where you might end up. Talking about logic...

You seem to be sticking to one thing I said instead of seeing the whole picture.  Yes, there are multiple places to look for the gold chains.  I have looked in said places, but the "safe" is the most common spot, and most known spot to look for them.  That does not mean I only look in the safe, or other people only look in the safe.  I stated it as a reference point, not the only point.

Regardless, it's still down to just luck.  I haven't had any, and I'm sure plenty of other people haven't had any either.  I usually only find fort armor, luckily, on the scavs.  If fort armor really is more common than before, good.  I like sparring against fully kitted people while I'm fully kitted as well. 

For me it seems to be random aswell. I personally got 12 goldchains so far. A mate who was playing with me most of the time already got like 35 or 40 of them. He just finds them far more often than I do. Same for docs. I found 2 by now and one of the guys from the discord found 8 and is giving them away. Some people just have more luck than others.

i aggree, for expirienced players fortarmor is easy to get and to stack, if you die all 5 raids usual, you found 2 new ones in that time... but thats not realy a problem, "fresh" players struggle a lot at the beginning to get 1 fort out of 30 raids.... so i dont realy care if there are more fortarmors around, i store 4 in the stash and everything above i sell to skier :)

and btw, @Finale you are a beast on factory, you will never run out of loot :P

vor 4 Stunden schrieb PIK:

i aggree, for expirienced players fortarmor is easy to get and to stack, if you die all 5 raids usual, you found 2 new ones in that time... but thats not realy a problem, "fresh" players struggle a lot at the beginning to get 1 fort out of 30 raids.... so i dont realy care if there are more fortarmors around, i store 4 in the stash and everything above i sell to skier :)

Yes 1 Fort in 30 raids is the number i get aswell if i do the math. 

vor 4 Stunden schrieb Sandwichmeister:

Who do you want to balance it for? The casual, the average or the pro?

Balance it to other maps because i dont think you can get this number on woods shoreline or customs. What you think about that?

• Sad 1

only found 2 forts on scavs but i have a ton of gold chains i would probably find 2-3 gold chains each factory run but i stopped lookin for them just need 1 more level to lvl 4 skier

On 11/9/2017 at 9:32 AM, DarkSoldier said:

just how xD how many gold chains lol

mine isnt as good but here 

Fw7nKwt.jpg

i want your t bags ;)

tbh i dont play factory, i like shoreline because it is more open, but i like customs the most because of the fighting near the bridge

98 hours. 507 raids. Approx 25 forts(from scavs), sold some to Fence and ignored a couple and about 10 gold chains because I don't loot safes and jackets.

fort.jpg

• Like 1

Don't really see many Fort bots around but damn the gold chains are rather common for something rare tbh. I can even get them regularly by just hatchet runs on factory

• Like 1

None of this will be a problem in the future when there are dozens of different types of heavy, medium, and light armor. That being said i don't think it's a problem at all now. In my personal experience if you spend 1 consecutive hour on factory you'll see 1 bot with fort armor. and I find 1 gold chain every 2 games on customs. All of this seems fine to me.

On 11/9/2017 at 1:53 PM, SoliDus001 said:

I really don't see your logic when you're applying your luck to a game.  I've done countless factory runs since the new patch and I've only ever found fort armor once on a scav, and that was staying late into the game, waiting for the last set of scavs to spawn.  I've found one gold chain despite multiple times getting to the safe first, hatchling or kitted.  I've had, at max, three fort armor and three kivrs, and those have all been from players I've killed.

My point is, a few lucky guys finding bunches of rare loot for themselves does not make the game broken or unbalanced.  It's exactly that: you're lucky.

No. You just have not played as much. Everyone is finding poo tons of Fort on Scavs and Gold chains. Go look how many hours you've played this patch, then compare it to OP. 

My Math is 1 fort armor in about 30 raids right now on factory. Players that wear fort armor excluded. The number seems not very high but a factory run if i do them solo only last about 3-4 minutes in average. I dont have a problem with it too but i think the game gets a little bit boring if the only trade ups that matter is fort armor for goldchains and 60 round m4a1 magazines for filters and circuit boards. You can basicly buy everything if you got the traders on max lv. Ive ones read devs want players to explore the maps in this game and prevent them from rushing just from start to finish only looking for maybe a factory key spot or a marked room weapon spawn but at the moment there is no need to look out for items because trade ups are non existent anymore. I mean tradeups are there but you never use them if you got your traders up and barely use them if you dont.

Edited by Finale

1 hour ago, Finale said:

My Math is 1 fort armor in about 30 raids right now on factory. Players that wear fort armor excluded. The number seems not very high but a factory run if i do them solo only last about 3-4 minutes in average. I dont have a problem with it too but i think the game gets a little bit boring if the only trade ups that matter is fort armor for goldchains and 60 round m4a1 magazines for filters and circuit boards. You can basicly buy everything if you got the traders on max lv. Ive ones read devs want players to explore the maps in this game and prevent them from rushing just from start to finish only looking for maybe a factory key spot or a marked room weapon spawn but at the moment there is no need to look out for items because trade ups are non existent anymore. I mean tradeups are there but you never use them if you got your traders up and barely use them if you dont.

the key system is kinda broken in the sense that you only get so few fixed spawn at a low rate...and that really discourage map exploration and I have to keep lemming at the spawn locations and try my luck

You can get every key you need out of filecabinets except from the factory key so while you exploring those loot places you find keys to explore more places. I like this system and other than the factory key there is no really rare one. Keep on looking for them. 

People calling me lucky and ignroring the fact that i play this new beta patch 0.4 for 120 hours right now and compare it to their experience which does not work out. Ofcourse i find more stuff if i play longer. The only thing i say is i think factory is unbalanced for finding fort compared to other maps and i think devs encreased the amount of fort you find in form of fort armor bots and goldchains. 

BTW iam at 100 goldchains right now. Must be lucky...

lucky.jpg.4b634315276a9a7d3ab375d8e7fdccb3.jpg

• Sad 1
  • Upvote 1

Am 9.11.2017 um 11:44 schrieb Finale:

5a042e38c68be_tomuchfortarmor.thumb.jpg.a99d17909f23006b1a226d4968a7b9aa.jpg

Played the new patch now for 80 hours and i have to say that the new spawnrates of bots with fort armor and goldchains in safes seem a bit off to me. Maybe even 100% more than what we used to from the last version. I knew its a beta and giving out rare items to players so they can test them is fair but for me it seems like those items are not rare anymore. Kiver helmets that doesnt protect you that well dont have a trade up anymore. You can just buy them now. In generell the game got easier this way which i dont support. If the spawnrates are well thought out than maybe consider lowering the spawns on the factory map because the time you need to clear the hole map is way shorter in comparisn to any other map. For me it was always a challenge to search for and find rare items. This feeling is quite dwindling with the new patch. What are your thoughts on this topic? 

Finale

why you cry? now its perfect and much better then before, just more fun, the last patch was too much Hatchet runners on the Map and that ruins the Game. i play the Game since August 2016 and for me is the item drop rate now ok, not every round have bots Helmets and Defenders and the drop rate is ok and much better the Patches before.

I cant understand why People always cry, the last Patch you find no Defenders drop rate is 0% and now its too High? not everybody has a Defender, or use it every Round, and when you Kill a Bot with Defender you need first to leave the Raid to save it and if you cant leave lost it.

And Finale i see you always in the Factory Looby and my friend see you too in there and we got diffrent work times, are you unemployed? if you got so much time to Play the its possible that you find so much Defenders then you are 24/7 in there, no joke. and now you there too...

Friends and i Work and we have Familys and not every Day Time too play these Time intensive Game, so the Point is we Love Fire intensive Raids not Hatchet runner runs and then People need to have good stuff to fight and then we have all fun.

And dont forget Finale ITS A GAME and NEEDS TO MAKE FUN!!!

Maybe you wanna have a whipe for all???

Stupid Post of you sorry but make no sense...

Watch Pic where is there in Looby? Right Finale....

Im Out

And if you got so much Defenders why you dont use it and spend it other People?

2017-11-18[20-53] (0).png

Edited by Mischa

use them wtf? i think it's good think you can find more forts now, i mean last patch 60 60 % of players were playing without proper gear cuz they were afraid of loosing it or whatever.

look this patch after the vaper was implementet on scavs you see more often players with vapers or akms and stuff

vor 17 Minuten schrieb Mischa:

Watch Pic where is there in Looby? Right Finale....

haha :D:D:D

i play with him often, and you wouldnt believe, but he is offline from time to time because he has to work :D:D:D

23 hours ago, PIK said:

haha :D:D:D

i play with him often, and you wouldnt believe, but he is offline from time to time because he has to work :D:D:D

ok but why these Post makes no sense to me, when i always would rush the Factory office and loot the Safe i would find so much Goldchains too, he should play more Woods, Customes and Shoreline then he will lose hes stuff and then he is glad to find so many Defenders and Goldchains

On 11/10/2017 at 1:42 PM, Finale said:

Yes 1 Fort in 30 raids is the number i get aswell if i do the math. 

Balance it to other maps because i dont think you can get this number on woods shoreline or customs. What you think about that?

i playd over 25 Factory Raids tonight and my friends and me, find no Bots with Defender, only one Helmet was in this Raids and 3 Goldchains and every Raid we was min 15min inside, so fact is the Drop Rate of this items is ok 

Edited by Mischa

I love people making assumptions on topic because they played 25 raids and figured that the drop rate is fine : ) 

I use fort armor every raid and iam not crying im trying to make a disscusion here but most of the people have either very little or nothing to say that would lead to a point sorry. A hint if you see me in the lobby i dont actually play the game. 

Edited by Finale