Finale

Too much Fort Armor

Finale

5a042e38c68be_tomuchfortarmor.thumb.jpg.a99d17909f23006b1a226d4968a7b9aa.jpg

Played the new patch now for 80 hours and i have to say that the new spawnrates of bots with fort armor and goldchains in safes seem a bit off to me. Maybe even 100% more than what we used to from the last version. I knew its a beta and giving out rare items to players so they can test them is fair but for me it seems like those items are not rare anymore. Kiver helmets that doesnt protect you that well dont have a trade up anymore. You can just buy them now. In generell the game got easier this way which i dont support. If the spawnrates are well thought out than maybe consider lowering the spawns on the factory map because the time you need to clear the hole map is way shorter in comparisn to any other map. For me it was always a challenge to search for and find rare items. This feeling is quite dwindling with the new patch. What are your thoughts on this topic? 

Finale

Edited by Finale
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 9
  • Upvote 2

Emn

so, if you're complaining about it, how about giving armors to others? I met only once bot with fort (and instantly gave it to skier) so i wont agree with you.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

Finale

Giving Armors to others doesnt change the spawn system. I could equip a hole clan with fort but this is not subject of this topic. 

FenrirInu

They are balancing things out. Ie: they lowered the grenade rate on scavs, last week you always found f1 or rgd on any scav, now its scarce again.

• Upvote 1

Spartanbrigade

are you f..ing kidding ? ı coulsnt even complete the armor task cuz ı have never seen a fort armor yet spawn rate ıs ok go play mınecraft

• Sad 2
  • Upvote 1

pythonmsh

I disagree with you completely. I've found 2 forts and 2 kivers. I believe I only found one set on a scav and the rest on an actual player. I've put a crap load of time into this game as well. It's all RNG, I'd love to find armor.

Finale

That is exactly what iam talking about i have most of my goldchains and fort armors out of factory and it seems unbalanced to me how much more you get out of this map compared to other maps. The map is so small if you dominate other players you can get most of the loot out of there no problem. Spawnrates are definatly higher this patch and you can buy kiver helmet now on skier lv 4. 

@Spartanbrigade i think you disqualified yourself with your minecraft bs.

Kilon Kasio
3 hours ago, FenrirInu said:

They are balancing things out. Ie: they lowered the grenade rate on scavs, last week you always found f1 or rgd on any scav, now its scarce again.

Says you, I constantly find nades on scavs. Literally have around 15+ in my stash plus i always take 1 in my pockets. I die frequently so I lose them to that and i use them a lot as well. Yet I cannot drop my count of them below 15. Funny story, one long customs raid (left with 0:40 left on the clock) I came out with 12 f1's and 5 RGO's

Kilon Kasio

Far as kivers, forts and gold chains go, I've only found like 5-6 gold chains. Kivers psh I did find about 6 and seen many more only to pass them on to my team. Forts however, though increased in spawn yes, I've only seen about 10 or so spawned and of that me and my team grabbed about 8 so far. All this is within about 2 weeks, roughly 5+ hours a day.

My conclusion, yes the spawn is increased and I can see it being an issue within 6 months if this was the end of the beta. I almost want to say make the forts rare as hell, barter only but then those that do find them or trade for them may never use them.

And call me a noob if ya want but I haven't seen yet what the gold chains trade for. So whats so special about them? Traders at lvl 3 apparently don't have a barter for them

PS (WTF are air filters used for now since you can buy kivers at skier 4???)

Edited by Kilon Kasio

Finale
vor 8 Minuten schrieb Kilon Kasio:

PS (WTF are air filters used for now since you can buy kivers at skier 4???)

60 Round M4a1 drummags and Vss Vintorez

Edited by Finale
  • Thanks 1

sYs

Maybe bring them into raids not conserve them? :D

I have bunch of forts and i actually sell some to traders as i conserve slots. As my strength is not leveled up - i don't use forts as the speed is the key for my tactics. Once i get my strenght up to at least 20/25 i will start using them.

Easier to find is kinda relative. Some find factory keys easily - some have hard time. Pray to RNG god. 

Finale

The thing is i use fort armor in most of my raids and i never got to the point i had to trade in my goldchains. I only hort so much because i find so much and by any means iam most likely playing the game more than most of you but i have a reference to the last patch and the increasement seems off to me to a point i would consider fortarmor and goldchains not "rare" anymore. You can outvalue the "RNG" luckfactor with the time you invest into the game and if i have to compare this patch to the last i would say the dropchange of said items are increased by 100%. Talking about early last patch not at the end because ive noticed already a increase in finding goldchains and such in the end of last patch.

sYs
1 minute ago, Finale said:

The thing is i use fort armor in most of my raids and i never got to the point i had to trade in my goldchains. I only hort so much because i find so much and by any means iam most likely playing the game more than most of you but i have a reference to the last patch and the increasement seems off to me to a point i would consider fortarmor and goldchains not "rare" anymore. You can outvalue the "RNG" luckfactor with the time you invest into the game and if i have to compare this patch to the last i would say the dropchange of said items are increased by 100%. Talking about early last patch not at the end because ive noticed already a increase in finding goldchains and such in the end of last patch.

I personally think these things are gonna get 'rarer' eventually once we get player trading up :P as devs have stated countless times that the emphasis will be on player trading and traders will have bare minimum. One can already predict that most valuable currency is gonna be USD / EUR as all player trading is gonna be done in these to save 'space' in stash. But at the end of the day - is fort really worth much even if it's rare? I mean the penalties on it are huge. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

DarkSoldier

just how xD how many gold chains lol

mine isnt as good but here 

Fw7nKwt.jpg

SommerTheViking

Back in the day when it was called alpha, you could buy fort armor, which people did, and there was really no problem back then because the devs could adjust the armor mechanics and their armor points aswell as bullet armor penetration, fort was everywhere and i found that nice because you could choose to be a light soldier or a tank, i think its kinda nice that fort armor was pushed back into the marked again.

• Like 2

Finale
vor 4 Stunden schrieb Kilon Kasio:

call me a noob if ya want but I haven't seen yet what the gold chains trade for. So whats so special about them? Traders at lvl 3 apparently don't have a barter for them

You can basicly trade 7 goldchains for 1 fortarmor at skier lv 4

6 goldchains for a modded AK-74 with eotech holosight at peacekeeper lv 4

5 goldchains for a modded M4a1 with 2 sights, grip and laserpointer at peacekeeper lv 4

The last two trades are not worth it in my oppinion because money is not that hard to get and you can just buy all the attachments + weapons but you cant buy fort armor without goldchains.

Edited by Finale

SoliDus001

I really don't see your logic when you're applying your luck to a game.  I've done countless factory runs since the new patch and I've only ever found fort armor once on a scav, and that was staying late into the game, waiting for the last set of scavs to spawn.  I've found one gold chain despite multiple times getting to the safe first, hatchling or kitted.  I've had, at max, three fort armor and three kivrs, and those have all been from players I've killed.

My point is, a few lucky guys finding bunches of rare loot for themselves does not make the game broken or unbalanced.  It's exactly that: you're lucky.

• Upvote 1

Finale
vor 7 Minuten schrieb SoliDus001:

I really don't see your logic when you're applying your luck to a game.  I've done countless factory runs since the new patch and I've only ever found fort armor once on a scav, and that was staying late into the game, waiting for the last set of scavs to spawn.  I've found one gold chain despite multiple times getting to the safe first, hatchling or kitted.  I've had, at max, three fort armor and three kivrs, and those have all been from players I've killed.

My point is, a few lucky guys finding bunches of rare loot for themselves does not make the game broken or unbalanced.  It's exactly that: you're lucky.

Ok ive done 800 raids this patch and i can say 90% of that are factory raids. You can not only find goldchains in the safe. You can find goldchains in jackets and filecabinets too. I find fort armor on factory every day but i play alot. How many raids have you done this patch? Hope you can see the logic if i say you can tune down rng the more raids you play. 

SoliDus001
Just now, Finale said:

Ok ive done 800 raids this patch and i can say 90% of that are factory raids. You can not only find goldchains in the safe. You can find goldchains in jackets and filecabinets too. I find fort armor on factory every day but i play alot. How many raids have you done this patch? Hope you can see the logic if i say you can tune down rng the more raids you play. 

So...in essence, you're complaining about the rng giving you a lot of gear because......you play a lot?  Isn't that the point of playing a lot in any game where you can score loot?

Also I know you can find gold chains elsewhere, but the safe is the most common spot for them, thus why I specified it.

• Confused 1

Finale

I know of 7 jackets and 8 filecabinets and 1 safe on factory. If you calculate your chances by only checking 1 safe every raid you see where you might end up. Talking about logic...

TanithScout

I don't have a problem. It's nice to have it, use it, then lose it. High tier survival items shouldn't be rare in a  test anyway.

I do however have a problem with zoom optics and silencers being cheap as chips and readily available. It depends on the devs vision for the game, but I'd like to see this kind of gear only tradeable with semi-rare materials.

fankk

I'm fine with it. I'd like to see more fort readily available.

Gr8WhiteBuffalo

Yup, havent found one yet. In fact Ive only ever found one since .2 patch... and that was on patch .3, and Skier was already -.4! xD 

Factory key neither, and I been lookin.

hembree840

I've only seen one since patch and I've put in 20+ hours. You're living in the one percent brother, enjoy it.

zpwarrior
15 hours ago, Finale said:

5a042e38c68be_tomuchfortarmor.thumb.jpg.a99d17909f23006b1a226d4968a7b9aa.jpg

Played the new patch now for 80 hours and i have to say that the new spawnrates of bots with fort armor and goldchains in safes seem a bit off to me. Maybe even 100% more than what we used to from the last version. I knew its a beta and giving out rare items to players so they can test them is fair but for me it seems like those items are not rare anymore. Kiver helmets that doesnt protect you that well dont have a trade up anymore. You can just buy them now. In generell the game got easier this way which i dont support. If the spawnrates are well thought out than maybe consider lowering the spawns on the factory map because the time you need to clear the hole map is way shorter in comparisn to any other map. For me it was always a challenge to search for and find rare items. This feeling is quite dwindling with the new patch. What are your thoughts on this topic? 

Finale

You have spent 80 hours in a couple weeks in the game and you're surprised you have an abundance of anything?

• Like 2
  • Hot 1
  • Upvote 2