Sign in to follow this  
Rex_Hilverstone

Realistic healing and health system

Rex_Hilverstone

The game has a pretty good damage system,but I don't know...I don't know how detailed the hitbox is,especially in EFT there are so many variables.

Also,another thing that boughters me is the heal system,for now the damage one it seems ok from the gameplay,but is weird how the heal one works,all i've see is that the player drags a bandage or a bloodbag on the damaged body part and "puff!" hes ok,the should make that thoose are usable only for stopping bleding,and for blood loos(also the player should heal slowly,like a normal wound0,and lets make a scenario on how it should work:The player is hit on a non lethal part of the torso,or anyway more importamt,so not the legs and arms,and he losses blood and has a ouite low hp,hes get somwhere safe and,he bandages himself,this stopps the bleding,and even if he will suffer from some blood loss,he don't lose hp anymore,gets a little hp,and continues with his stuff,as long he will eat and take care to don't get an infection,hp will slowly regenerate as the wond is healling and he recovers slowly from the blood loss,like in real life,now the game is a game and time pass diferent,but it will take few good minutes untill hes ok,depending on how the time will work,maybe a day or two in game time;now in the same scenario,if he have a bloodbag after he bandages himself up hell recover a good amount of hpand he only have to wait a while untill his wound heals to.Now we don't take in consideration the bullet in his body,that should be taken out,but to be honest is a game,and it will get to complicated,so if what i mentioned above is good all should be right.

Now,it will sound to hard and you will die to much,but this is not BF of COD or anything like this,here the ideea is to not be shoot,like irl if you got shoot is pretty bad,so players should fear bullts like hell...like in real life!

Also the last thing is that there should be animations for healing and eating,plus not generic beeing shoot in the leg and bandaging the arm,the character sould at least bandage the art beiin shoot in;even if you would be shoot in the lower part of the leg but you bandage the middle of it,it wil still be ok,blood bag,and other medications should get propper animations to.

So devs....plese take into the consideration!:begood:

Now I know I've posted this on weapon implementation befere,but i didn't thouth it fits the topic,so i guess is better to put it here to.Also,I don't espect all of this to be implemented,but as a hardcore realistic game a part should be seen in the geme.

Kwahamot

We won't know how well the hit boxes or hit registration will be until we get our hands on the Alpha.

In regards to the healing, below is a quote from the FAQ which can be found here.

How does the player damage system works?

There will be no regeneration. There will be bleeding's, fractures, pain shocks and so on - you will have to treat it all with special medical items, apply them to the damaged parts, watch for side effects and so on.

Is there going to be an animation of the healing?

Possibly.

Angel_Eyes

I totally agree, although till we see how it actually plays out Im gonna say that I personally think if it takes away from the fun to make adjustments. I am all for the hardcore experience like everyone else, but it is easy say all this.

When you get shot you should be concerned for sure, at some point or another though you are going to get sick of worrying about you're health state and just want to play the game. I have played some games where some of the "realism" or "survival" mechanics were well intended but just ended up being a pain in the neck, frustrating and ultimately taking away from the fun.

In other words I think there should be a medium. Simply put you should be worried when you get damaged, sick, or any other life threatening condition, but you should not have to be constantly breaking a sweat over it 100% of the time

Also a determining factor is how hard Medical Supplies are going to be to come across. 

• Upvote 1

Kwahamot
4 hours ago, Anvil said:

I totally agree, although till we see how it actually plays out Im gonna say that I personally think if it takes away from the fun to make adjustments. I am all for the hardcore experience like everyone else, but it is easy say all this.

When you get shot you should be concerned for sure, at some point or another though you are going to get sick of worrying about you're health state and just want to play the game. I have played some games where some of the "realism" or "survival" mechanics were well intended but just ended up being a pain in the neck, frustrating and ultimately taking away from the fun.

In other words I think there should be a medium. Simply put you should be worried when you get damaged, sick, or any other life threatening condition, but you should not have to be constantly breaking a sweat over it 100% of the time

Also a determining factor is how hard Medical Supplies are going to be to come across. 

Once you get shot, you will want to bandage yourself up quickly. You will also want painkillers otherwise your vision/heavy breathing will affect your accuracy and bring you down. You may also need a blood bag if you lost a lot of blood. As I said in my previous message, which was taken from the FAQ.

The game is a hardcore survival and although it may be a 'pain in the ass' for some, it adds to the realism which the developers are aiming for. You're going to have to play tactically and ensure that you have enough medical supplies in case you get hit.

I would also like to note there will also be viruses/diseases such as the common cold which needs to be treated using the correct medical supplies.

The MMO style of the game has skills that you may want to appoint to reduce the affects of being hit slightly. What they may be is unknown since we haven't seen within each individual skill area.

Please note: I may be wrong about certain things and wouldn't take what I say 100% factual, unless there has been proof given.

• Upvote 1

Nevakonaza

Im also curious to how the medication/heeling system will be in Tarkov.

My concern is people Macro and have an unfair advantage been able to heal faster,Unless the med system has a Cooldown so it cannot be Macro abused so easily.