Sign in to follow this  
Rex_Hilverstone

Customization and tools

Rex_Hilverstone

The customization in EFT is crazy awesome!But I would have some ideeas to:

Now,in Tarkov there are for sure workshops,garages and stuff like that,and there we sjould be able to find saws,hammers,maybe even drills,screws,glue,zipties,files,files,blots,nuts,screwdrivers,and those sould'n be that hard to find to,they are just tools,and i'm sure screw drivers and things like that sould be reallyu common,esspecialy in certain zones.Now,you might wander why we neet thoe,well,a lot of modes might requiere screws and nuts,maybe bolts,and tolls to use them,I don't espect a lot of numbers for screws and stuff like that,but i espect them to be at least,also,glue,duct tape,zipties,ropes,etc. would be use to make improvised items,like traps,and thing like that.We do have the multitool,that helps a lot,but some times,you might need a tool that isn't on the multitool or you don't have a multitool at all.

Also they don't have to be carried necesary by the player,he could use it,mod its weapon,and then continues his job or whatever he is doing.

I want to adress some moding as well:the sawing off stuff esspecialy,and i figured out in maybe intereting way how it could be handled,cause it think there is at least swing off guns:

-first,you need a gun and a saw

-then,instead of having:sawn off to medium lenght or short,or whatever would be,insted to select the exact spot to do that,sure,this adds a lot of variables,but i think is worth it;and we will have the full lenght of the bearrel a percent:full lengs have 100% lenght,and maybe 1 meter(ok,im pretty sure we won't have 1 meter barrel,not even a long hunting shotgun,but it will be a little easyer to explain),at that lengt and percent we have the full acuracy and range of the certain gun,we want to saw off maybe 30cm,the stats will go down with 30%(in case of 1m) untill we sw it of totaly(or at least how much is possible,this meaning the outer barrel),this will make the gun short enough as we want instead of generic predetermined lenghts,also with the lenght of the gun affecting it efectivity in close ranges,this would be useful,now for the guns where to cut off the stock to reduce weight and space,it can use a predetermined size,cause you won't use a half of stock anyway i guess.Also this should be for all guns,even if is not usefull,wanna sawn of and ak or a sniper,you should be able to doo it,even if is not a good ideea in soem situatins,if the player wants,why not(btw,sawing off a prt of the barell on a lot of guns will make in that way the front sight will be removed too,here the tools i said about ealier come in handy).

I don't lknow how much of this can be acomplished but it would be interesting and realistic nevertheless.

Also i know that alpha is so close,so i don't espect to see any of this at start for sure,or idk if it will be anyway but at least it should be considered! :begreat:

Thanks for reading!

Kwahamot

They have already said that the 'crafting' in EFT will be putting your weapons together with the components that you find. As you already know there are a lot of customisation options for your weapons which means there are a lot of components to make your weapons unique.

Below is a quote from the FAQ, which can be found here.

Will there be an item crafting in the game?

The game is going to feature crafting, but not in the classic game meaning of this word. You won’t be able to make a machinegun out of wooden plank, duct tape and screws. The weapons can only be assembled from the real weapon parts, e.g. you can assemble the AK74M only if you find all of its details (mag, receiver, dust cover, bolt, barrel, etc).
Apart from weapons, there will be other items to combine as well.

Rex_Hilverstone
12 hours ago, Kwahamot said:

They have already said that the 'crafting' in EFT will be putting your weapons together with the components that you find. As you already know there are a lot of customisation options for your weapons which means there are a lot of components to make your weapons unique.

Below is a quote from the FAQ, which can be found here.

I know that we will have a lot of mods,but working on a gun (how i said,aswing it of,or any ather task that involve modifing the gun structure) is not yet confirmed,or not to much,it think we should have the posibility to mod a gun by modifing a existing part rather than replacing it with another mod.E.g. instead of replacing the stock of a shotgun with a only a grip,we could be able to saw it of (that to be still useful,similar with the sawn off stoc of the swan off in cs go or the sawn off izh in CW),sure,this won't be same as good as a proper mod,but it could resolve the problem for a while at least.Same with other parts as the barre.

I also know that this mightbe hard to make and it takes time,and i don't espect it in alpha,but i espect it someday.Also in a game so realistic and complex realistic crafting should be a viable thing,not totaly necesary,but it can ad depth to the gameplay.

But I might be wrong to.