orion310591

Optimizing game for lower spec requirements

orion310591

I know that this game is in beta stage, many optimizations to come, but question is, how far will that optimization go?

Many other online games (will not name them) are playable on wide range of PC spec, from ultra new, to PC old 10-12 years (with graphics crappy but game is playable on 50 fps).

I really wish that this game become success because it has good concept, no other games for competitiveness, it will dominate this online genre, but it should be made to work on older PC's, to reach more people. 

I am one of those with 5yr old pc, it is running older and older but people will be pushed out of this great game because they cannot afford new PC to run it.

Just a friendly advice to staff, from a gamer with 15 years of experience, sorted by importancy:

1. Expand developing team accordingly to community expansion (if not, game develops too slow, loosing player base, loosing income, bankruptcy)

2. Expand server capacity accordingly to community expansion (all continents, not just USA EU RU, if not, game community grow too slow, loosing player base, loosing income, bankruptcy)

3. Make game available to as wide player base as possible (low spec, hi spec, but dont get focus on other PC systems, xbox, ps4 etc... )

4. Polish game - content, bugs, mechanics (this job is never completed, there is always something more to improve or create)

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

FlarmBlarg

Maybe the devs could add in an option in the game settings for lower end game servers that have a fog of war kind of effect to limit view distance and objects to help keep frames high, and work out some sort of graphical design for people running on potatoes? I think some silent hill type of fog would be brilliantly terrifying and add even more depth to the game 

• Like 1

merccy

They shouldn't just optimize it for low end computers but also for high end devices.

I run a ryzen 7 1700 OC'd to 3.8GHz with a GTX 980ti and I my FPS drops to 20 al the time on medium settings.

I am wondering if anyonce can get consistent 60FPS+ in gun fights

• Like 1

Deadmode

Unfortunately there would be so many sacrifices to fidelity or quality to make it run well on very old or low-end systems that it would require creation of lower-quality assets, create a disparity and unbalanced render of the game world between users on different machines (therefore affecting competitiveness) and also look utterly terrible.

When the game is released it will be much better optimised in many areas, as you say, and it may run better on older machines

. However I doubt the developers would spend all that extra time and effort supporting the game on old technology. It would make far more sense to make the game look to the future specs so that it can look incredible in another 5 years time. For example, when STALKER was released I had a very new machine and that struggled to run it on max settings. 3 years down-the-line I upgraded and STALKER was able to be maxed-out and looked even better.

2 hours ago, merccy said:

I have i7 7700K OC'd to 4.8GHz, GTX 1080ti (2GHz gpu clock and 6GHz mem clock) and 16GB RAM at 3000 MHz and I get a range between 85-122fps at 1080p. My settings are attached. The first screenshot is taken with those settings, the second is with all graphics settings maxed out.

I would definitely have thought your specs should achieve higher than 20fps for sure.

2017-11-09[23-34] (0).png

2017-11-09[22-31] (1).png

2017-11-09[23-34]_(1).png

• Thanks 1

JCglitchmaster

Im sorry but im running on a gtx 680 which is a gpu that now cost around £70 and i can get 60fps sometimes dipping to 45 but is perfectly playable. Making it run on anything less would affect the game imo. Sure it could be optimized alittle better but i dont think it is too bad where it is at the moment. Except for the ram usage which seem excessively high

SilberDrachen893

I'm stuck with the tower I have right now until the stronger hardware becomes cheaper.

How well will it run with this rig?

i3 4160

MSi NVIDIA GeForce GTX1060 3GB

16GB DDR3

H81M-P33

Bosto
6 hours ago, Deadmode said:

I have i7 7700K OC'd to 4.8GHz, GTX 1080ti (2GHz gpu clock and 6GHz mem clock) and 16GB RAM at 3000 MHz and I get a range between 85-122fps at 1080p. My settings are attached. The first screenshot is taken with those settings, the second is with all graphics settings maxed out.

I would definitely have thought your specs should achieve higher than 20fps for sure.

2017-11-09[23-34] (0).png

2017-11-09[22-31] (1).png

2017-11-09[23-34]_(1).png

Showing your fps count on Factory is like telling your penis length along with your spine :P Just a Polish saying... Customs? Shoreline? That's where the majority of players have performance issues...

Edited by Bosto

Deadmode
2 hours ago, Bosto said:

Showing your fps count on Factory is like telling your penis length along with your spine :P Just a Polish saying... Customs? Shoreline? That's where the majority of players have performance issues...

Hahaha :D I didn't mean it to be. It was meant to show that those figures can be achieved and that there may be something else affecting your fps as your specs aren't too bad at all.

I'll do some tests later and show performance on the bigger maps.

Edited by Deadmode

Deadmode

Here you go @Bosto, finally got around to doing the video!

Reloecc
On 10. 11. 2017 at 6:52 AM, SilberDrachen893 said:

How well will it run with this rig?
i3 4160
MSi NVIDIA GeForce GTX1060 3GB
16GB DDR3

50+ fps on medium settings, your CPU is way old. I have old rig too (i3-6100, GTX760, 8GB RAM), running 60 fps mostly, dropping to ~45 at few locations, all settings low. With $150 CPU you could run 60 FPS ultra.

mBaTaKa

Hey guys anyone does observed any differences on win 10 and win 7?

makewtgreatagai

I think as soon as they release the game they will optimize the game that much that also low end pc gamers can play it.

DracoTheDragon

Well I don't suffer from that many fps problems... Only problem for me is Shoreline and I am running half a potato.
AMD FX6300 at 3.6GHz
1060 OC 6GB
16GB DDR3
But I do have the game on an SSD which does wonders for loading times. I personally have been waiting to get an upgrade for some time anyway to a Ryzen 2700 or 2700X

Fruit_Punch

I just got this game, and I'm trying to run it on a 

Ryzen 5 2600

GTX 1050Ti

16GB RAM

(I don't have an SSD, but I've been told that only impacts loading times)

However, the frames are quite inconsistent, even on minimum settings. Should my rig be able to run this game? If so, how can I further optimize my performance?

8mob8

recent update seemed to help but also the tips in this video should help u get better frames...im on a 6700k strix 1080 and friend on a ssc980 fx 8350 and both of us got increase in fps doing the tips in the video

orion310591

Do you guys realise that you necromanced thread, died 3 YEARS ago? :D

xeno_N
On 11/9/2017 at 10:19 PM, merccy said:

They shouldn't just optimize it for low end computers but also for high end devices.

I run a ryzen 7 1700 OC'd to 3.8GHz with a GTX 980ti and I my FPS drops to 20 al the time on medium settings.

thats not high end tho