The Punisher Pt. 3

I found this mission to be very unfair considering that I got all 25 kills in under an hour but i didnt turn in the mission in that much time. In my opinion the devs should make the mission unable to be failed once the 25 kills are fulfilled

• 2 weeks later...

Same here, wasted 3 hours looking for that many sh1ts to kill. Came back from the raid unloading all the sh1t, suddenly failed message, still had at least 5 minutes after I extracted. So fukking annoying.

One fix for the timed missions could be to only count the amount of time in the actual game towards the time limit. That way it you could get on with real life stuff instead of being glued to the pc for the duration when you accept a timed mission. 

Edited by vatt84
clarification
  • Upvote 2
6 hours ago, vatt84 said:

One fix for the timed missions could be to only count the amount of time in the actual game towards the time limit. That way it you could get on with real life stuff instead of being glued to the pc for the duration when you accept a timed mission. 

Yes, the timer should only countdown during the session, this would prevent failure after the task has been technically achieved. Well it is still my fault, it did not cross my mind that the timer would still go on after the kill-count has been achieved. I had about 7 minutes after extraction, but I got tons of stuff out of the raid, totalled at 107k rubbles. Greed got me, focused on the loot instead of the important things. Took me too long to unload and sort through it all. After all the previous missions I was so used to giving the tasks back whenever I felt like giving it back that I forgot about it.

For me tasks are just necessary evil, I just enjoy the mixture of great gunplay, unpredictability, progression and so far difficulty level that makes me come back for more, do not care for the story at all.

SommerTheViking

im not trying to be a dick here, but i found it fairly easy to complete, did it in 2 runs with 20 min left, ofc i didnt loot or anything, just brought lots of ammo, meds armor and a trusty ak and ran for kills only

Appl3Crumbl3
4 hours ago, Big_Joe said:

They nerfed the task already, its 18 kills in 2 hours now.

no they didn't, it is still 25 scavs in 1h

just had the same thing happening to me, killed 25 scavs in several runs, lost alot of poo, then the timer ran out before i left the raid and it ducking failed....
so damn annoying

vor einer Stunde schrieb Appl3Crumbl3:

no they didn't, it is still 25 scavs in 1h

just had the same thing happening to me, killed 25 scavs in several runs, lost alot of poo, then the timer ran out before i left the raid and it ducking failed....
so damn annoying

Sorry, confused the numbers...my answer was about the opposite-faction-kill task, later -.-

Edited by Big_Joe

This is literally where I stopped playing the punisher task line. The fact that the timer runs indiscriminately while waiting on loading screens and desync/lag issues in my region (Northern Canda) I find I can hit about the 20 mark before the timer ends. 

I realize tarkov is supposed to be hardcore, some of these tasks are too early. Kill 25 scavs in 1 hr seems more like an endgame challenge for loot and bragging right more so than a mission early to do for a little extra rep.

I don't disagree with having the tasks as part of the game, as many have said and youtube will show it is possible. On that note I also stopped skier at the 25 bears in 1 hr, didn't realize it's 18 in 2 hrs now so now I must try that again before I voice any opinion, given my old opinion was it was endgame. Now it may be perfect midgame material where it sits in the quest pool.

Hardcore shouldn't mean objectives are only obtainable to a small percentage of elite players and should allow casuals to progress. No casual player is going to pass 25 scavs in an hour without a huge dose of luck and will easily discontinue questing. Not so much an issue now but it will be when noobs start charging back their purchases and posting poo reviews to steam or fb or whatever because they were stonewalled it will become one for players and the devs when the games rep tanks...

Tarkov isn't meant for a large audience shouldn't mean we don't want the game to be successful and grow, since that is the usual claptrap I hear when I say things are too elitist.

Just my thoughts, i've read tons fron both sides and though I'd add my perspective.

Edited by dakotaray
Typos

I have one question: why do I have to do tasks like this? I love EFT, because I can play slow, tactical and patient... Any idea how I can kill 25 scavs in one hour if I preffer role play style? 

If EFT wants to be hardcore and realistic shooter, developers must remove tasks that are similar to the challenges of CS:GO. JESUS CHRIST! 

(I thought if I did not finish the task for an hour, it would disappear as unworkable and I would get another... but no :/ that made me very angry)

Scaramanga-fr

Hi all,

I used the following process to do it (succed at my first try, 3 runs with one death by pmc / in 40mn):

Rush to the gaz station ( by behing the dorms without attacking anyone) and kill the bots there (PMC should be busy to clean the dorms/construction site first)

Rush checkpoints / kill bots there 

Rush 3 exit 

Repeat

Once you only have few kills more to achieve, you can rush directly the bridge/construction and get the mission done

Ofc no time for looting

Good luck :)

Edited by Scaramanga-fr
  • Like 1
On 26.11.2017 at 2:19 AM, Scaramanga-fr said:

I used the following process to do it (succed at my first try, 3 runs with one death by pmc / in 40mn):

Sure :) its possible... but what if I don't want run and rush? :P I bought this game, because shooters like CSGO, R6:S or CoD and BF are not sattisfied me... My point is: Developers should change or delete designed like "Run Fores! Ruuuuuun!" tasks. 

• Like 1
Scaramanga-fr

Hi

Sure mate, you're free do it in another way. Some players do it without rushing, just by cleaning the server. I usually don't play in rush, but it's just an easy way to finalized this mission (so you re not mad and you can go back to a more tactical gameplay after that). 

The only mission that really forces you to play in "run and gun" is the last part of punisher. For this one, I confess that i don't like the idea to allow only one style in order to complete it.

CU IG ;)

Edited by Scaramanga-fr

Here is the kicker for me, ran through chopping them bastards down and had 21 out of 25 and then got screwed over on getting those last 4 because the match making decided to poo the bed on the last 5 mins i had left and i had like a minute 30 left after it finally connected 2:40 seconds later. The timer needs to definitely be setup to count only when in a match because the matchmaking is screwing us out of a good amount of the time available...

• Like 1
OldplayerITA

I'm quite new at the game but it wasn't that hard for me,

i suggest you play customs, in my opinion is the best map to do it, rush the construction site ( 2 scavs), then stay near the wall and kill all the scavs in the bushes (from 0 to 3), then rush gas station (2-3 scavs) and checkpoint (2-4 scavs) go toward the middle extraction point (0-5 scavs on the way) and you're done.

I did it in less than half an hour without dying even once, you just need to not fear death.

Try to do this task slowly. Me personally got one raid that took 20 minutes with 17 scavs killed during this task. Just wait for every player to kill each other and go construction to bus lot than dorm gas station checkpoint and crane. Try also escape trough small gas station because you can meet another scavs there. 

• 2 weeks later...
TanithScout

All the cries to nerf it, not considering the people who finished it and enjoyed the challenge. Typical.

AllI hear lately is 'nerf this and make it easier for me' and to be honest with you, I don't want that mentality here. It's what gave us the WoW/CoD generation of easy and casual gaming. Some of us LIKE hardcore and challenging (within reason), thats why we're here.

If you don't, stop trying to change a game for us into a game for you when there's already plenty out there for you.

But to stop sounding like an old man, here's how I did it with plenty of time to spare;

1. Build up some money/gear setups so you don't have to waste time buying. No space? Not my problem, I have a basic account. I used Paca and my go to weapon when poo needs killed, AK74N with Belomo and DTK, but any AKN will do fine.
2. Depending on where you spawn, rush construction with your knife out. Clear any scavs. Move to > bus depot > petrol station > checkpoint/extract if you have key > extract. Obviously don't kill them with your knife. Actually, that may not be so obvious since people think they can 'finish the game' with a hatchet and no armour.

There. That's it. That's all you do. The quest will finish itself if you do everything I've said.

P.S. If you're running with a pistol and no armour, or Breeki forbid, a frickin' hatchet, then just uninstall now. You won't survive once the Open beta hits let alone live. Do yourself a favor.

Try to think of it like its ONE mission! rest of the game you can do what you want, but if you wanna complete all missions you sometimes have to do thinks you dont really like. its 30-40 minutes of your time if you skip looting and just rush it! i found it refreshing after all the loot missions in this game. opened my eyes for easy exp. Getting 10k exp for 10minutes playtime is pretty sweet if you ask me.

TainthScout is up to something! :) couldnt agree more. was kinda dreading this quest since so many complained but i managed to do it in my first try, with 25mins left on the clock. 

peace out N happy hunting 

freeviruzdotorg

killing 25 scavs in 1 hr on customs is easy, just rush through spawn, to the construction, through the gas station, checkpoint and exit, rinse and repeat

• 3 weeks later...
Oscar_Syx

Considering the matching takes 10 plus minutes and the game is a lag fest where scavs are broken and matching time counts against your task, this is completely broken task by the Devs, this game was on life support in July when I started playing and still is in Jan 2018. 

• Upvote 1