stevieshae

How do you deal with the "Takov Crud"

stevieshae

So I wanted to know just what people do when they hit that Tarkov Crud? What is the Tarkov Crud? Glad you asked! It is associated when you play a game like Tarkov in Early Access and not full feature ready, and you get bored or tired of the same thing over. A lot of people may know something like the WoW Crud where people after got sick of clicking a set of macros or key-binds, then jump here, don't stand in the fire, bam best gear. I personally think I need more people to play with as I play with  central Europe, Russian, and American players, oddly scheduals tend to conflict. Also I believe unless you are Klean, or a master, or have a emissary(press account of goodies) A lot of us don't venture out to often with full gear to get shot from 600m with a tt pistol in the back, you know what I mean.

So how do you deal with the death and grind, and make the game feel less like a chore and actually wanting to hit that play button on the launcher? I am curious to see the answers?

NecroticMind

I deal with it by doing stupid poo. I filled a pilgrim full of makarov mags and ran around customs. I died, but they didn't loot my bag :'(

Psycho8Vegemite

Honestly losing gear is the best way to get over gear fear so then you'll be more inclined to play with better gear. Play out of your comfort zone games, like factory with an M4 if you haven't done that before. If so then with a ASVAL or bolt action.

In general EFT is about the thrill and fear of death so not taking out your gear would provide boredom. If you don't want to go out by yourself then you could try the unofficial Discord and find some buddies there. Take out low level gear to get comfortable with them and then when you trust them try fort with M4 and all. Grouping is always really fun.

Skemba

Have you tried 4 man hatchet runs!? That's fun... :D  The way people tilt when they see 4 hatchlings charging them :D

• Hot 1

TAW_Exoskeleton
10 hours ago, Skemba said:

Have you tried 4 man hatchet runs!? That's fun... :D  The way people tilt when they see 4 hatchlings charging them :D

Lmao i once had fort m4 and stuff in factory i got my behind scared the poo out of it when 4 of them on rafters with hatchets (i was player scav and killed a guy and got his stuff)  they all fired 1 bullet on dead guy. I looked up they all took their hatchets and started yelling knifes only. I dropped everything and went a knife fight with them. Damn that was hilarious xD best moment in my life for sure. (I killed 1 but got wacked by the rest .)

Kitousha

My current thing is running naked to room 206, marked room and customs office every customs game and unlocking it for people.

Ka9a

Rapid burn-out has been my concern ever since I started following EFT. Haven't thrown any money yet for this reason, not until I see a finished product, but I'm still lurking.

Honestly, this is to be expected in early development, I've experienced it in other games like Warframe and it gets truly depressing at times. Just hope the eventual EFT endgame doesn't feel like what you described. Remember back to this post when development ends.

There is one solution - a fulfilling and satisfying story. The feeling that your actions matter. Anything less than that is just your average online shooter + a bit more realism where you kill other players for loot and XP.

Cheers brothers

Shatte

If i'm right that MM is looking your gear and lvl to match others with you. So if you take high value gear with  you so it matches you with others with high gear?

Darkphantom

I've been playing since aug 16 there are days where you struggle to keep throwing gear away after dying multiple times in a row.  usually, I find a naked run somewhere helps remind me of the fun.  I get great pleasure in killing heavily geared players with a pistol or my axe,  even if their mates get me afterwards.

Giamiester

I make sure to go to the spa lol, never gets old dying there

StyxRavager
On 11/12/2017 at 2:59 AM, Shatte said:

If i'm right that MM is looking your gear and lvl to match others with you. So if you take high value gear with  you so it matches you with others with high gear?

Nope, matching does not care about levels, gear or anything else. You drop in against other players, regardless of any restrictions.