Colonel Twerkins

Black Friday Sale is BACK!

5 minutes ago, necuja said:

Unfortunately this is not, we made sure to post the news of this on the forums, twitter, and fb. The sale was advertised in all social media outlets used to make sure any user base that follows the project would be able to see it

Unless some poor sap like me googled the game's website after watching youtube clips of it, saw no such advertisements, clicked on the main website, still saw no black friday adverts, clicked on pre-order and paid for it then and there.

Don't get me wrong, I understand your decision but I've followed this game on youtube for months. And the official youtube channel had no such news.

11 minutes ago, Podrick_Equus said:

Unless some poor sap like me googled the game's website after watching youtube clips of it, saw no such advertisements, clicked on the main website, still saw no black friday adverts, clicked on pre-order and paid for it then and there.

Don't get me wrong, I understand your decision but I've followed this game on youtube for months. And the official youtube channel had no such news.

I am sorry to hear that, youtube chanel is designed for advertising Gameplay and features of the game, not sales. This is what social media and forums are in place for.

Again I sympathize with the situation, but unfortunately this is not possible.

Hi. I know that by now the Black Friday sale has started, but it doesn't seem to be showing up when i go to buy a key. I don't want to accidentally purchase it if the sale is not up and running. Does it apply the discount at the checkout screen? Or is there a promo code I need to enter for the 25% off?

This is what i see when i go to checkout

Edited by ashpwnall
EDIT

2 minutes ago, ashpwnall said:

Hi. I know that by now the Black Friday sale has started, but it doesn't seem to be showing up when i go to buy a key. I don't want to accidentally purchase it if the sale is not up and running. Does it apply the discount at the checkout screen? Or is there a promo code I need to enter for the 25% off?

Make sure the time is right.

Discounts begin today, November 23 at 19:00 MSK!

BLACK FRIDAY is almost here again and for a limited time, you can receive a 25% discount on the hottest pre-order of the season!

We will be providing a 25% discount on everything for 3 days - 23, 24, 25 November 2017.
GREAT NEWS! the 25% Black Friday discount will stack with the multiple copy discounts!!

Discounts begin: Today! November 23 at 19:00 MSK

Discounts End: 25 November at 23:59 MSK

So don't miss out on this awesome opportunity to support and test Escape From Tarkov...The Scavs will surely appreciate it!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Veter_RU said:

Hello Guys, maybe this is the wrong place to ask this question, but i hope wise MODS and other good people will guide me. 

I became interested in EFT, and planing to buy a game. The question that i have why European players and players from countries other than Soviet ones need to pay more? 

I am Russian, moved to US 10 years ago. but it just doesn't make seance for me: 

- Russian "Edge of Darkness" cost is 4999 RUB ~ 85 USD

- US "Edge of Darkness" cost is 139.99 

We are coming up with a difference of ~ 54.99 USD. Which is kinda a big amount. 

I also know that if i buy Russian "EOD" i will not be able to play from US. I have asked Russian Mods in VK.com but i didn't get a clear answer. Can someone please explain this to me. 

Thank you for reading this.

PS. I know that the discounts are coming, but i still think that it is not fair for us to pay more.

If you're Russian it supersizes me you don't know that this is the case with all (most) games and not just games. Its not just that EFT developers are like "oh yeah, we're Russian so we're gonna give our game cheaper to our bros!" No.... this has been the case since I can remember. Countries with lower income must have competitive pricing. If you have a full time job in US you might earn 60$ in half a day... it would take a week for a bloke of your age to get that amount of money in Russia (my numbers may be off but you get the point). So instead of not selling any games (coz majority of people wouldn't be able to afford it) you ask them to pay less which means more people will buy it, and those that could afford 60$ game will just buy more games.. read about Price Discrimination if you want to find out more... but it's just pure economics and it IS fair. They earn less money, the stuff is "cheaper" from  your perspective, but in fact it actually is still more expensive (comparing to how much they earn and how much you do)

So if you want to buy the game, buy it on sale same as me and be happy with a discount, don't look at prices in different countries because it's done for a reason, and region lock will prevent you from playing on a cheaper version anyway so don't try to cheat the system ;p

Enjoy the game.

Edited by yolkoPete

1 hour ago, yolkoPete said:

If you're Russian it supersizes me you don't know that this is the case with all (most) games and not just games. Its not just that EFT developers are like "oh yeah, we're Russian so we're gonna give our game cheaper to our bros!" No.... this has been the case since I can remember. Countries with lower income must have competitive pricing. If you have a full time job in US you might earn 60$ in half a day... it would take a week for a bloke of your age to get that amount of money in Russia (my numbers may be off but you get the point). So instead of not selling any games (coz majority of people wouldn't be able to afford it) you ask them to pay less which means more people will buy it, and those that could afford 60$ game will just buy more games.. read about Price Discrimination if you want to find out more... but it's just pure economics and it IS fair. They earn less money, the stuff is "cheaper" from  your perspective, but in fact it actually is still more expensive (comparing to how much they earn and how much you do)

So if you want to buy the game, buy it on sale same as me and be happy with a discount, don't look at prices in different countries because it's done for a reason, and region lock will prevent you from playing on a cheaper version anyway so don't try to cheat the system ;p

Enjoy the game.

Yeh this is just basic economics, or real term economics.

The cost of living, wage structure and what not in Russia is different to the EU, and to the US. The pricing is fair.

1 minute ago, Rioku said:

So for Europe (Spain, France, Germany...) 19:00 MSK, for us is 16.00 GMT

19:00 MSK = 17:00 Spain

Right?

Yeh 5pm in Western Europe, 4pm in the UK.

Already having EOD, what is there to buy?

Why didn't I just wait for this?

2 minutes ago, delushin said:

Because you are supporting development!

2 minutes ago, delushin said:

Because you are supporting development!

Fair call, I approve. <3

• Sad 1

the fun part is that when you are in europe you pay 20%  VAT  (  that the developpers doNOT pay to the EU anyway  +  5€  of payment processing be it by credit card or paypal .....   lots of hidden and unfair fees ..... I do not mind giving to help developpement ,  I just hate beiing forced to hidden fees 

So upgrade changes only appear after a profile reset, does that mean that I can purchase an EOD upgrade during the sale and just wait until next patch wipe for it to take effect or does a profile reset need to be performed during the sale period? I know the game is still going through growing pains and another reset is coming so I would like to just hold off until then.

Just now, rrekts said:

Oh thanks, my time converter was wrong with one hour! :D

Probably the daylight savings time is to blame. What a great invention, they should really scrap that system altogether!

I've just reset my game profile - prior to upgrading my account -  which I want to do today. However, I suspect I may have just screwed up the order.

Is that correct? Did I just F up my planned upgrade in 32 minutes?