Natalino

The Translation Campaign: Your Game, Your Language

Greetings, Escapers!

Thank you for your continued support and your interest in Escape from Tarkov! We feel truly blessed to have a community like you - devoted, ready to help, and thorough. Your joint efforts keep making our game better every day - testing, suggesting ideas, proposing adjustments - and we really appreciate it.

Now, when the open beta is drawing near, and the game is getting more and more content, we decided that it would be great to finally make Escape from Tarkov more accessible to those whose native language is different from English or Russian.

In our efforts to find the best way to localize the game texts we came to a conclusion that no run-on-the-mill agency could possibly manage the task like you can. Enthusiasts with a passion for realistic FPS, inherently possessing the required knowledge, native speakers, and, finally - you would be doing it for yourselves. That’s why we have decided to go with an option of opening translation files to you:

https://translate.escapefromtarkov.com/

We would be happy to have you join us in our effort to make Escape from Tarkov available for players around the world to enjoy. We have seen many of you make efforts on this already and now with our joint effort and your support, we will make it happen together. Join us in bringing Tarkov into your culture, your language!

Have a great weekend!

logo (1).png

• Like 11
  • Thanks 6
  • Hot 2
  • Upvote 2

Happy to help, the wife has gone out with the girls and I've got half a bottle of JD, a night of Kotton and translation it is.

Edited by Angrybiker
  • Like 1

@Natalino are you guys, maybe, looking for some "translation overseers" or something? A lot of people (especially in Poland) translate using really wrong words and using their "hollywood" knowledge. They use direct translation which in many cases is not adequate or does not follow naming regulations of Polish military. I mean, it's not their fault, they just don't know stuff.

Some people also "translate" and completely disregard our Polish grammar etc. 

Anyway, I think you should select some people of each country that know their military stuff and will oversee translations? 

I'm not saying I want ot be one of them, it's too much work I think, I will just help translating in my free time, but I really think there should be someone controlling this stuff. 

Because it would be sad if uncontrolled gibberish found it place in a full game. 

BTW - English translation is sometimes very... erm... weird :D 

DVL-10 is a lightweight, compact and silenced rifle in proprietary and current military subsonic calibers has been developed for special service and combat missions where exceptional accuracy and range are needed. Equipped with standard Lobaev foldable butt-stock and Lobaev Hummer Barrels stainless steel match-grade barrel.

No idea what does the first sentence try to say. 

Anyway, enough of being negative, I really like that you guys let us help, I've already done a lot, and other people have as well. Can't wait to have Polish version of Tarkov, I just hope it will be quality made.

1 hour ago, Forien said:

Because it would be sad if uncontrolled gibberish found it place in a full game. 

It will not do not worry. It will be looked into and proofread. Remember, this might be a small studio but I believe the current work done shows how professional it all is. You will see the same level with this one. We got you But thanks for the concern. Much appreciated.

1 hour ago, Forien said:

Anyway, enough of being negative, I really like that you guys let us help, I've already done a lot, and other people have as well. Can't wait to have Polish version of Tarkov, I just hope it will be quality made.

Thank you and it will be with your support.

• Thanks 1

I couldn't find a way to suggest some changes to the English version. I would like to see original Russian text and suggest English translation. Maybe I didn't look thoroughly enough...

As mentioned earlier English translation feels off often, especially in dialogues with traders.

I couldn't find a way to suggest some changes to the English version. I would like to see original Russian text and suggest English translation. Maybe I didn't look thoroughly enough...

As mentioned earlier English translation feels off often, especially in dialogues with traders.

• Upvote 2

11 hours ago, Natalino said:

Remember, this might be a small studio but I believe the current work done shows how professional it all is. You will see the same level with this one.

Well, English one has it's issues, haha :D 

11 hours ago, Natalino said:

Thank you and it will be with your support.

No problem! I've already made special Discord server for Polish translators (if there is any Polish translator, head to our Polish subforum for a link), and we are already working together to make it as good as we can! :)

damn translation is hard work, if only we got some sort of reward for helping out with it... :P

just spend 2 hours trying to make some danish translations, not even halfway through it all lol

Edited by RooZvonBooZ

3 minutes ago, RooZvonBooZ said:

damn translation is hard work, if only we got some sort of reward for helping out with it...

That is what probably dozens of Polish members thought when they used google translate to speed through entire files... making tons of mistakes and errors on the way :D

We are now proofreading and redacting entire Polish translations after others :D 

• Upvote 2

51 minutes ago, ivo_dark said:

Certain words cannot be translated due to the word counter being too short

Also a lot of words need to be placed into sentences because by themselves they can mean a lot of different things in other languages.

1 hour ago, ivo_dark said:

Certain words cannot be translated due to the word counter being too short

Word counter says what is difference in length between source and translated strings. It's not "max length" or something.

Just now, Forien said:

Word counter says what is difference in length between source and translated strings. It's not "max length" or something.

It literally wouldn't accept it because it passed the limit.

1 minute ago, ivo_dark said:

It literally wouldn't accept it because it passed the limit.

Woot? Never happened to me and we happened to have longer strings than source ones... Hmm.. weird

Just now, Forien said:

Woot? Never happened to me and we happened to have longer strings than source ones... Hmm.. weird

It only happened in one section,the other one I have been translating stuff and its fine,I pass the difference between source and translated pretty much every time and it works.