DeltaFoxtrot

Recoil comparison tests of most popular automatic weapons in EFT. Interesting results...

DeltaFoxtrot

Im playing EFT since Alpha and im playing a lot. I had always a feeling that there is no big difference in terms of recoil between stock weapons and fully modded ones. So I did some test to check it out. But first overall look on recoil in different weapons.

Link with all the pictures from test: https://imgur.com/a/Akdni

Pic. 1 - you can see recoil test shooting from a distance about 80 meters (so most common in EFT battles) - the weapons are stock models: PP 19 (left) and MP 5 (right). PP 19 has a quite big initial kick when MP 5 has actually all the bullets in the same area.

Pic 2 - Same distance (80m) - fully modded weapoons: AKM (left) vs. AK 74N (right). Simillar situation as with SMGs. AKM has bigger spread with the initial kick to the top and AK 74 is more focused. So AK74 looks better.

Pic. 3 - AK74 comparison: weapon with no mods (on the left) and fully modded one (on the right), distance 100 meters. You can see there is no actual difference between them which is a big surprise.

Pic. 4 - same weapons (AK74) but bigger distance. The difference between fully modded weapon and unmodded is almost unnoticeable.

Pic. 5 - time for American beauty - M4 :) Distance 80 meters, one weapon is fully modded (left) and another one is with no mods (right). Results? - slightly bigger horizontal spread with unmodded weapon.

Pic. 6 - M4 on bigger distance (160 meters) - you can see the difference between fully modded and unmodded weapon when shooting from far distance but still - its not that big. Is it worth spending couple of hundreds dollars more on it? Dont think so...

Pic. 7-10 you can see how I modded those weapons in tests.

TL;DR IMHO there is only very little difference (or none) between fully modded weapon and a stock weapon in terms of recoil. I dont know how is IRL but I think it should be bigger difference in that matter when you spent few hundreds of game dollars more to make your weapon looking nice.

• Hot 1
  • Upvote 1

qS_Sachiel

Not sure if i missed it and it's easily visible, but what is 'fully modded' meant to mean?

You also don't define parameters of your test such as:

where do you aim, do you apply control to the fire or do you just let it jump isolated from counteracting force, etc

Edited by qS_Sachiel

DeltaFoxtrot

Where I aim is not relevant for this test I believe.  If you are asking about fire control I did not try to control it - just pressed the fire button and thats it. You cant say objectively how big the recoil is if you trying to control the weapon after first shot.

qS_Sachiel

If you don't give an aimpoint then the first round and successive round trajectories are not known. The first round could be 10cm above where you aimed for all i know.

Also what's fully kitted? with suppressor or without? which one? which muzzle break? Consistent across all weapons (some suppressors are specific to weapon platform) etc...

Interesting picture output but far from objective. Thanks for the info anyway though.

But when publishing findings, i demand a rigorous assessment of method and results!!! *bangs table with passion*

(half joking).

Edited by qS_Sachiel