Yukari_Akiyama

Other NPC factions

Yukari_Akiyama

Can we get other people to shoot at besides PMC players and Scavs? I could imagine police remnants and abandoned UN forces would make great enemies to encounter that could serve as higher tier enemies to engage. Iore wise it would fit that other organizations cut off from higher leadership would band together to fight for survival and thus come into conflict with the already established factions.

Edited by Yukari_Akiyama

Forien
11 minutes ago, Yukari_Akiyama said:

Can we get other people to shoot at besides PMC players and Scavs

Yeah, I really would like some passive UN forces around the Tarkov. Neutral to PMC, but aggressive to Scavs. Who are very deadly if you provoke them. Would be awesome (I already suggested it as part of my "event" suggestion — link in my signature).

11 minutes ago, Yukari_Akiyama said:

with the already established factions

Well, in Tarkov there are 5 "factions". UN Peacekeeping forces (with "Peacekeeper" being with them), Russian military (Prapor is related to it I believe) – both are kinda trying to prevent the conflict from escalation. Then there are BEAR and USEC private military companies, both not affiliated with any country (USEC paid by TerraGroup and BEAR paid by Russian Federation to counter TerraGroup). And the fifth one are scavs (bandits) – they have this Skier, who is some kind of smuggler? He kinda likes them / is working with them.

Would be nice to see all of them in game.

Edited by Forien

johncage213

i doubt there will be any traditional police left. they would either evacuate or be part of the un peacekeeping forces and be working with them.

un peacekeepers and russian national guard forces would be great. un may be allied to usec and russian interior troops might be allied to bear. but best solution probably make them neutral to pmcs in the way you are neutral to scavs while playing as scav, until you attack friendlies.

Forien
1 hour ago, johncage213 said:

un may be allied to usec

That's the stupidest thing I've read in some time. Why would you even suggest that?

UN forces would be neutral at best, if not hostile to all PMC. 

1 hour ago, johncage213 said:

russian interior troops might be allied to bear

Same. AFAIK BEAR relation to Russian government is kept unofficial.

Remember that USEC and BEAR cause all the chaos and bad things in Tarkov. They are the reason that it's almost post-apocalyptic city. UN and Russians want to avoid escalation, so I don't think they will actively help any PMC group inside. IMHO they would be neutral, or would want to neutralize them...

Adamantor

At best RU forces wont KoS BEARs- if there is some1 with higher rank nearby (cuz he may know some orders from above), while USECs... They weren't brought by any country, so unless TerraGroup got some men inside UN, USECs might get screwed by UN (maybe except around Peacekeeper and those who are in really good standings with him).

Yukari_Akiyama

Good points all. Perhaps their could be neutral NPCs certain raids, however their loot could be unique to their faction but engaging them would lower reputation with certain merchants.

Button495

Could they possibly add in civilians to the raids? They're just completely neutral NPCs that search for resources and wander around the map. This would add a more challenging dynamic to PMC play because you would need to positively identify your targets as a threat. Put a penalty for killing civilians as a PMC (Merchant loyalty or Karma decrease) and possibly a reward, such as valuable items and bonus XP, if you help them (Bring them food or medical supplies). Kind of like a side task inside a raid.  As Scavs, you could kill them with no penalty and take their stuff, or help them for a better reward but cause AI Scavs to become hostile to you.