andrufb

Offline/PvE mode should STAY (as it is atm)

andrufb

I love how intense EFT gets in certain situations, but sometimes I just want to equip basically everything I want, walk around tarkov and gun some Scavs down just for fun. I think PvE mode should stay as it is forever, since it's not only a great way to "test" how weapons and attachments behave, but also a "casual" mode where you can take a break from EFT's usually stressful atmosphere without having to switch to another game.

Keeping loot you get in PvE/Offline mode should not be a thing imo, since it'd ruin the game's economy and make PvP stupidly pointless. Why would you get into a PvP lobby to get loot when you can farm it offline? It'd turn PvP into a pointless battle of fully-geared players who would not even loot their enemies after they kill them. I AM NOT ASKING FOR THIS.

However, since people would not be able to exploit this aspect of the game in any way, I think it would be nice if we could bring our squad into PvE mode with us. No loot, no item trading (quitting or making it to extraction just resets your inventory). It'd be a nice way to show your buddy how stuff works, give him a tour around the map... Or, again, just mess around and kill some scavs on your way to extraction, for funzies.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

opiat3

I will not state my opinion on this... however the devs have said more then once that the offline mode will not be a part of the final product, with or without the ability to keep the loot.

• Sad 1

MimS
8 minutes ago, andrufb said:

I love how intense EFT gets in certain situations, but sometimes I just want to equip basically everything I want, walk around tarkov and gun some Scavs down just for fun. I think PvE mode should stay as it is forever, since it's not only a great way to "test" how weapons and attachments behave, but also a "casual" mode where you can take a break from EFT's usually stressful atmosphere without having to switch to another game.

Keeping loot you get in PvE/Offline mode should not be a thing imo, since it'd ruin the game's economy and make PvP stupidly pointless. Why would you get into a PvP lobby to get loot when you can farm it offline? It'd turn PvP into a pointless battle of fully-geared players who would not even loot their enemies after they kill them. I AM NOT ASKING FOR THIS.

However, since people would not be able to exploit this aspect of the game in any way, I think it would be nice if we could bring our squad into PvE mode with us. No loot, no item trading (quitting or making it to extraction just resets your inventory). It'd be a nice way to show your buddy how stuff works, give him a tour around the map... Or, again, just mess around and kill some scavs on your way to extraction, for funzies.

Have a look here...

Quote from @necuja 

As others already said, because this is not the vision for this game. The devs have always planned for this to be 100% online game, with the exception of a tutorial mode to teach players the basics. 

If a single plAyer style is what someone is looking for, they will be better fed when russia 2028 is finished.

Please remember to read our forum rules, and search for something to find answers before opening a new thread as this question has been answerwe multiple times

andrufb

@mr0pi Yeah I know they said that it's not going to stay, that's why I made a suggestion post telling them to do so :)

@MimS I'm not asking for an offline inventory, I do NOT want people to keep what they get in offline mode in any way, not in their main inventory nor in a secondary, "PvE" inventory. I'm just asking for the current PvE mode, the one I use to "test" stuff and have a little bit of fun, to stay as it is and make it to the final release.

Let's not remove features some people enjoy from the game, not if they aren't harmful for the game's economy or main gamemode.

I've seen those posts you're talking about, but mine is not like those. I'm not asking for a new feature, I just want this mode to not be removed. I hope you understand now

• Upvote 1

GreyWolf2142
30 minutes ago, mr0pi said:

I will not state my opinion on this... however the devs have said more then once that the offline mode will not be a part of the final product, with or without the ability to keep the loot.

True, but they also said that there will be a gun range where you can, obviously, test your weapons against practice targets.

Also, there will be a HQ of a kind, something in the lines of a safehouse where you can upgrade your gear, relax and have some fun time.

You can find more information about the safehouse from the Gamescom stream:                                             And do keep in mind that the safehouse is still in development and is prone to change and other things will be added

Edited by GreyWolf2142

andrufb
2 minutes ago, GreyWolf2142 said:

True, but they also said that there will be a gun range where you can, obviously, test your weapons against practice targets.

Oh! I did not know about that, thank you :) I still want PvE mode to stay just to have fun with scavs, but at least now I know that, even if it's removed from the game, I'll still have a way to test my weapons before bringing them to the field. Thanks a lot, man

GreyWolf2142

No problem, if you need any other information, I would gladly help.

MimS
4 minutes ago, andrufb said:

@mr0pi Yeah I know they said that it's not going to stay, that's why I made a suggestion post telling them to do so :)

@MimS I'm not asking for an offline inventory, I do NOT want people to keep what they get in offline mode in any way, not in their main inventory nor in a secondary, "PvE" inventory. I'm just asking for the current PvE mode, the one I use to "test" stuff and have a little bit of fun, to stay as it is and make it to the final release.

Let's not remove features some people enjoy from the game, not if they aren't harmful for the game's economy or main gamemode.

I've seen those posts you're talking about, but mine is not like those. I'm not asking for a new feature, I just want this mode to not be removed. I hope you understand now

Yea I understand what you are saying. I haven't used the offline mode all I do is jump in the deep end haha. 

I know the devs want to make this 100% online so the offline mode will disappear.

cuir19444

Should keep offline till they have all the stability issues fixed or real alternatives provided, shooting range alone just don't cut it.

Edited by cuir1944

Vortex_Bear

I'd definitely want to keep offline playability with and without PvE, best even without an internet connection at all, maybe with a separate offline account. Sometimes I don't always have an internet connection and I also like to know that any game I purchase, especially at a higher price, will be playable in the future still even when the game servers might not be available anymore.

RufusValentino

I don't understand the problem. Some people prefer pvp and some prefer pve. All people prefer making money. So why not take a potentially great game and set it up for a wider amount of players. Satisfy both groups and make even more money. I read comments and people talking about breaking the game and the economy. That's a simple fix. PVP Servers and PVE Servers. Keep them separate. I read on another post that the game is supposed to be a Hardcore action/RPG/Simulator with MMO elements. Most MMOs have PVP and PVE. Also read people are afraid of people farming strong gear in pve mode and taking out people in pvp mode. Thats already going on in pvp mode. I'm new to the game I admit. But its very annoying when you start off and all you have is basic gear. You enter a raid and come across a veteran player with advanced gear. You're dead and you lose your basic gear. So the only option you have is to run raids with hatchets and hope to find small amounts of money or things to sell and extract before someone finds you and kills you. Or hope you can sneak up on someone and kill them before they kill you and take their loot. So basically as a new player you have maybe a 10% chance of survival.  Having both modes make everybody happy and makes the developers more money. Everyone wins. 

• Like 2

Captain_Kzer

I agree completely

Probag

I respect the dev's with their vision for the game and i would loved to be able to play online only. The thing is i cannot my isp and rural area does not allow me to have a stable connection to the game, so i cannot play online. So the offline feature even without having the ability to extract with loot has been my saving grace. I still bought the Edge of Darkness version knowing that in the future I may not be able to play it at all, but I do not mind supporting the game. If at some point they do decide to make a pve or a solo mode with a solo loot inventory I'll be right there playing the game. Either way have fun escapees.  

ctbear
9 minutes ago, Probag said:

I respect the dev's with their vision for the game and i would loved to be able to play online only. The thing is i cannot my isp and rural area does not allow me to have a stable connection to the game, so i cannot play online. So the offline feature even without having the ability to extract with loot has been my saving grace. I still bought the Edge of Darkness version knowing that in the future I may not be able to play it at all, but I do not mind supporting the game. If at some point they do decide to make a pve or a solo mode with a solo loot inventory I'll be right there playing the game. Either way have fun escapees.  

Agree

niko7080
On 26/03/2018 at 4:06 PM, Probag said:

Then why buy online games if your internet connection does not allow it??? This game is not a single player game, not an offline game, so they wont add this to the game. They already have lot of work to do to finish this game, let's just not add them more.

BTW they stated that their next game will be single player only, and in the same universe as Tarkov, so I think you will get your single player experience then. Just wait a few years :)

NSWC10
On 11/2/2018 at 16:37, RufusValentino said:

No entiendo el problema. Algunas personas prefieren pvp y otras prefieren pve. Todas las personas prefieren ganar dinero. Entonces, ¿por qué no tomar un juego potencialmente grandioso y configurarlo para una mayor cantidad de jugadores? Satisfaga ambos grupos y gane aún más dinero. Leí comentarios y personas hablando de romper el juego y la economía. Esa es una solución simple. Servidores PVP y servidores PVE. Mantenlos separados. Leí en otra publicación que el juego se supone que es una acción / RPG / simulador Hardcore con elementos MMO. La mayoría de los MMO tienen PVP y PVE. También lea la gente teme a las personas que cultivan equipos fuertes en modo pve y saca a las personas en modo pvp. Eso ya está sucediendo en modo pvp. Soy nuevo en el juego, lo admito. Pero es muy molesto cuando comienzas y todo lo que tienes es equipo básico. Entras en un ataque y te encuentras con un jugador veterano con equipo avanzado. Tú' estás muerto y pierdes tu equipo básico. Entonces, la única opción que tiene es realizar redadas con hachas y esperar encontrar pequeñas cantidades de dinero o cosas para vender y extraer antes de que alguien lo encuentre y lo mate. O espera que puedas acercarte a alguien y matarlo antes de que te mate y saque su botín. Básicamente, como jugador nuevo, tienes un 10% de probabilidad de sobrevivir. Tener ambos modos hace felices a todos y hace que los desarrolladores tengan más dinero. Todos ganan. Tener ambos modos hace felices a todos y hace que los desarrolladores tengan más dinero. Todos ganan. Tener ambos modos hace felices a todos y hace que los desarrolladores tengan más dinero. Todos ganan. 

This!!

jukeboxknox
40 minutes ago, NSWC10 said:

This!!

This is the English section, and this is an old thread. Offline is staying. Will be peer to peer can play with friends offline. No loot gained no xp gained, no loot lost.

• Sad 1

NSWC10
20 minutes ago, jukeboxknox said:

This is the English section, and this is an old thread. Offline is staying. Will be peer to peer can play with friends offline. No loot gained no xp gained, no loot lost.

and what happens? I can not post in the section in English? any problem?

Edited by NSWC10

TheColdVein

#Locked. Reason: It has been stated many times that you will have some sort of offline, co-op enabled, training mode in the future. Please use the search feature so as to keep in the forum rules:

On 1/12/2016 at 8:43 AM, TarkovEscaper said:

4. Creating messages and topics

Before creating messages (posts) or Discussion topics, please make sure your message or topic complies herewith.

Before creating a discussion topic or asking a question in any form, please make sure that such topic does not already exist on the Forum and the question has not been answered yet to avoid double/multiple questions or topics bearing the same meaning. To this effect, we strongly recommend that you use the Forum search option.

When creating a topic, Users are obliged to:

• articulate the subject of discussion clearly given the section’s subject and adhere to the subject of the topic when sending messages in the future;
  • read additional rules (if any) or a description of a specific section of the Forum;
  • select an appropriate Forum section with a similar thematic focus.

See You In Tarkov!

• Like 1
  • Sad 1