Jushi85

Windows 10 Fall Creators Update ~30fps low fps fix

Hi guys,

i'm not sure if this is posted already...but here it goes!

i had this problem of game being about 20-30 fps regardless of graphics settings. i first thought that my very old xeon cpu is the reason for the low fps, but then i found a fix via another OP's thoughts on Guru3D.com forum.

He had the same problem with some other Unity based games, and he said that if you use Windows 10's new Fall Creators Update, the bug might be present in many unity based games he thought.

-----------------------------

the fix is simple: 

go to X:\Escape from Tarkov game folder, right-click the EscapeFromTarkov.exe and choose properties, go to compatibility tab.

Then change the "Scaling is done by:" option to "Application"--->then tick the "disable fullscreen optimizations".

That should be it. the game should be alot smoother overall and fps much better, atleast on my pc it did the trick.

the_fix.png

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

Dude, thank you so much for this solution! I don't play this game but it helped me with cs:go and other games after upgrade to win10 from win7! I tried everything but nothig worked except this one.

Greeting from Poland!

On 13/11/2017 at 8:01 PM, Jushi85 said:

Hi guys,

i'm not sure if this is posted already...but here it goes!

i had this problem of game being about 20-30 fps regardless of graphics settings. i first thought that my very old xeon cpu is the reason for the low fps, but then i found a fix via another OP's thoughts on Guru3D.com forum.

He had the same problem with some other Unity based games, and he said that if you use Windows 10's new Fall Creators Update, the bug might be present in many unity based games he thought.

the fix is simple: 

go to X:\Escape from Tarkov game folder, right-click the EscapeFromTarkov.exe and choose properties, go to compatibility tab.

Then change the "Scaling is done by:" option to "Application"--->then tick the "disable fullscreen optimizations".

That should be it. the game should be alot smoother overall and fps much better, atleast on my pc it did the trick.

the_fix.png

damn, that options is only on win10 :(

didn't seem to work for me. i don't get any more frames. i have windows 10 and did what was required. no change for me, unfortunately

didn't work for my buddy either.

Edited by JJamie

23 hours ago, JJamie said:

didn't seem to work for me. i don't get any more frames. i have windows 10 and did what was required. no change for me, unfortunately

didn't work for my buddy either.

Same here, seems like a placebo fps fix. 

6 minutes ago, Sn0wleopardd said:

Same here, seems like a placebo fps fix. 

before i did it i had 30+ fps on shirline after that i had 70+. definitely not placebo.

3 minutes ago, lizakk said:

before i did it i had 30+ fps on shirline after that i had 70+. definitely not placebo.

i7-4790k @4.4Ghz

970 FTW 1496Mhz Core / 4005Mhz Mem

32GB RAM @2133Mhz

Made zero improvement to my FPS. If it did improve my FPS, it was +/- 5 so barely any difference. 

Edited by Sn0wleopardd

Just now, Sn0wleopardd said:

i7-4790k @4.4Ghz

970 FTW 1496Mhz Core / 4005Mhz Mem

32GB RAM @2133Mhz

Made zero improvement to my FPS. 

sorry to hear that bro. i really dont know how or why it works at all. im jsut syaing it helped me and if it did i gess there are some pepole that this might help also. sorry to hear youre not one of them.

• Like 1

it does seem odd that it would work for some and not others. clearly there is something else that is in play.

I think this fix only works for people who are using windowed mode. After the update, I was getting noticeably worse frames in a different game until I set it to fullscreen. I could be wrong though, I haven't done any sort of extensive testing.