Need a way to view who you killed

CaptiveHat

So it was 4am and i figured imma jump on tarkov and do a few hatchet runs. I die the first two. jump on scav mode. then decide to go for one more tomahawk run before bed.
i grab my first aid. and head on in. trying to strictly exp farm scavs or other freshies. i end up killing 3 scavs and a player with my hatchet. quickly loot up a pistol and a auto shotty. i hear someone above me in 3rd story room opening the filing cabinets. i go up and walk back and forth almost like a scav. i wait for the loot sound and i breach the door to be met by a fully kitted out man with a m4 suppressed and a pilgrim backpack. and i lay an easy 4 shots into him before he hits me once. he goes down and i reaped the rewards. factory key saved me, because i could hear a team of two camping the main exit. made and easy 200k+ from one run without selling my new (and first) m4. was super pumped.

So all in all, i really wish i knew the name of the player i killed so i could thank him.
maybe a dogtag feature that you need to examine or search to see whos body is on the ground.

I was thinking of suggesting a way to check how they died, like examine the body, I have had several situations where I thought I killed someone but wasn't sure if I did and if it was my kill or just some randoms, this could also incorporate checking the persons name via the examine option.

This was confirmed in interview with Nikita:

You won’t be able to know who was in the raid with you, but you’ll see the nickname of a person who killed you, his weapon and caliber. Nickname of the killed can be learned by looting an looking at the dogtags.

• Upvote 1

Yeah, would be nice to know who the player was you just killed, so you can rub it into his face in the ingame chat and say how bad he is and that you also slept with his mum.

Dude, just listen to yourself. It is allready enough that the forum is a mess and gets more toxic each week. No need to further expand on your idea so the game itself becomes more toxic. I also dont see any sense in showing who killed one self, because what does it bring me? Nothing. You died (of whatever reason it might be) so live with it and improve on it. Lets say "PutAnyNameHere" killed me, so what now? Do I have to avoid him now? Because I know exactly when he stands before me or is near me somewhere ...

Edited by PardTheTroll

As mentioned by @PotatoWarriah this is a planned feature that will be added in the upcoming version of the game - you can refer to the post made by Potato to read more into it.

Dogtags will be amazing, just need to wait for them! :P

#answered #locked

• Like 1