Gamestop gift card

ghostZ06

So im planning on picking this game up tonight.  How well does this work? i was planning on running down to the gas station an grabbing one of these cards. however i've seen some past posts of this now working to well... 

15 minutes ago, Timo-chi said:

Is this a joke or did you really just ask that xD

@ghostZ06 But that aside sorry no idea if gift cards work as payment, I just use bank card as allways :P

its ok, im just trying to get an idea sine i REALLY wanna pull the trigger 

Get it on Friday when it is 25% off!

A lot of games have issues and EFT isn't an exception but a lot of the issues people have is because they suck.

Hacker this, fort op etc - hacker was probably a legit and good player and fort isn't op... just bring the good ammo.

4 hours ago, ghostZ06 said:

So im planning on picking this game up tonight.  How well does this work? i was planning on running down to the gas station an grabbing one of these cards. however i've seen some past posts of this now working to well... 

Check this link here first and save some money with Black Friday Sale / Discount: You may even be able to afford the: Edge of Darkness Limited Edition. http://forum.escapefromtarkov.com/topic/41810-black-friday-sale-is-back/

9 hours ago, JAGUAR1950 said:

Check this link here first and save some money with Black Friday Sale / Discount: You may even be able to afford the: Edge of Darkness Limited Edition. http://forum.escapefromtarkov.com/topic/41810-black-friday-sale-is-back/

i dont think so, i was gonna get it now. And try an upgrade to VERY near the EOD. i think the the EOD is still 80 some odd dollars. 

im just wondering if anyones has bought the game using the gamestop card 

1 hour ago, ghostZ06 said:

i dont think so, i was gonna get it now. And try an upgrade to VERY near the EOD. i think the the EOD is still 80 some odd dollars. 

im just wondering if anyones has bought the game using the gamestop card 

I remember discussing with someone about 6 months ago or so that tried purchasing with this. They had issues and I don't remember if they got it resolved.

Your best bet if available is to buy a single use debit card, or one you can reload.

54 minutes ago, necuja said:

I remember discussing with someone about 6 months ago or so that tried purchasing with this. They had issues and I don't remember if they got it resolved.

Your best bet if available is to buy a single use debit card, or one you can reload.

damn, the gas station right down the street has them To bad they don't accept steam cards. =(

ill have to hold off tell the weekend or something 

• 1 month later...

I'm not sure how buying with giftcards worked out for you guys but I just tried to and found that for gamestop giftcards, there was no payment system fee so I went out and bought a $45 gamestop giftcard. When I entered it. the value said it was only worth $33.3 towards my purchase which was disclosed no where until I bought the card. So now I'm stuck with a nonrefundable giftcard or continuing to buy gift cards until I get the right amount without going over because then they just keep whatever the extra balance is. If you can help, that would be very appreciated.

Capture.PNG

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/14/2018 at 12:29 PM, tompkinsp said:

I'm not sure how buying with giftcards worked out for you guys but I just tried to and found that for gamestop giftcards, there was no payment system fee so I went out and bought a $45 gamestop giftcard. When I entered it. the value said it was only worth $33.3 towards my purchase which was disclosed no where until I bought the card. So now I'm stuck with a nonrefundable giftcard or continuing to buy gift cards until I get the right amount without going over because then they just keep whatever the extra balance is. If you can help, that would be very appreciated.

Capture.PNG

On 1/16/2018 at 3:22 PM, kasenbo55 said:

i also have had the same problem with a 50 dollar walmart gift card does anyone know how to fix it

It's not a bug it's a feature, what they are doing is buying your Gift card for a lesser amount so they can resale that gift card and make more money. Not EFT but the payment company XSOLLA. My guess is Debit/Credit Cards are the cheapest methods of payment.

• 5 weeks later...
On 1/24/2018 at 9:26 PM, SilentHightimes said:

It's not a bug it's a feature, what they are doing is buying your Gift card for a lesser amount so they can resale that gift card and make more money. Not EFT but the payment company XSOLLA. My guess is Debit/Credit Cards are the cheapest methods of payment.

It also has to do with how, payment wise, buying with a gift card limits the company that’s taking it. It is honestly a service to let people pay with gift cards, even at a lesser value, since the company is slightly inconvenienced as a result of it. A generic money payment goes directly to them, and thats a 1:1 conversion. However, since gift cards require reselling them, it requires more resources to get the full value of the card, and turns it into more of a .75/1 ratio or something like that. 

• 3 years later...