CaptainPainite

Inventory Management/Streamlining Ideas

CaptainPainite

Two main suggestions really. I hope the Devs will be able to see this and read it! I've only been apart of this community for like two-three weeks now so if these ideas are already in the works let me know!

First off, 
I've been doing fairly well, I've become more patient with my runs and been more strategic in how I approach various situations. I have the base version of the game, and I have run into a problem. As I've gotten better, I've found myself with an EXCESS of loot, so much so that I struggle to get it all in my vault and have taken to selling things I'd rather not to keep newer, cooler guns! However I am reluctant to upgrade because...well, I'm proud of my loot, I got into some intense firefights for some of these guns and I have a bit of an attachment to them. I'd rather lose it going out guns blazing than by upgrade. My solution to this is simple!

It'd be neat if we could pay money to be able to expand our inventory. Some kind of system, be it in incriments of $5, $10, $15, whatever. I'd happily dish out cash to expand my inventory. Either add new pages or just make it longer and longer downwards extending. I think you could make good revenue off the game this way too if this was possible (More money to help crank out sweet updates and guns!), and I know I wouldn't shy away from shelling out cash to expand my inventory. Especially being a hoarder that I am.

Second, kind of stems from the first idea. When I do scav runs I've gotten pretty good at gearing up well and coming out with fairly good hauls, however unlike PMC runs I cannot simply keep my gear on me. I have to shove it in the stash or lose it. While my first suggestion would also remedy this, I have an idea that could maybe help streamline getting rid of unwanted gear from Scav runs without having to drop it in your inventory. 

Perhaps an option to sell gear to a trader, Directly from your scav's inventory upon escaping? You already have the ability to dump it in your stash, perhaps a tab you could switch over to, and be able to sell it to traders before it dissappears forever? I've ended up giving up so much Scav gear that I could have otherwise just sold and made a bit of cash off of.

Anyway! That's my two cents and two ideas I've had cross my mind that I think would be nice to have. Again, not sure if these or anything like them are in the works or have already been suggested/addressed, I've only been here two weeks and honestly this is my first time on the Forums. Feedback of any sort is appreciated! I'm really loving this game and intend to enjoy it for as long as possible!

Edited by CaptainPainite
typo

Sushi

Hey @CaptainPainite, welcome to the Escape from Tarkov forum. :)

Be sure to use the search function, as this topic has been covered several times. Necuja has explained before that the stash can be increased by buying the higher preorder editions (e.g. Left Behind, Edge of Darkness), but in the future you will be able to increase your stash by other means. I do not believe that they plan on charging money for that, but it's not known for sure yet.

While it might be nice to sell to the trader from the inventory, a better solution is to make sure you clear your stash up a bit before you scav in! Put guns and backpacks onto your PMC before you go so there is space. You can also sell extraneous items like bandages or food that you can buy before a raid instead. I would also remind you that backpacks can nestle and you can use them as containers even within your inventory.

JCglitchmaster

They said they wouldn't add in microtransations so they better not add in expanding stash for money