iamjabour

Improved Vital Parts and recovery

iamjabour

Hey, what you guys think about the damage system and the lack of vital parts on chest, lung and lag?

I think would be cool to increase special hit boxes with spacial body parts that are vital so it can also 1 shot kill or make really hard/impossible to recovery forcing you to leave the raid as soon as possible.

Also I believe would be cool to implement some sort of recovery system so if you are down someone can prevent you form dying and keep you alive, even after you been down. maybe a bleeding out after the HP hit zero or you when down? I think that would be cool combined with the option to carry bodies so you could carry/drag your friend out of fire and try to make him stable. IMO I don't think you should be able to do a full HP recovery after going down, maybe something like keep body parts blacked out.

What you guys think about both suggestions?

Slice-NL

Dragging bodies is already planned. I think the vital parts idea will lead to more frustration than fun, and more luck than skillshots.

TechoverMana

I'd be all for some sort of damage model that takes into consideration vital organs like the heart, lungs, CNS, brain, ect. More than happy for say a punctured lung to drain out your endurance over time, instant death with brain hit, rapid bleed out to heart or large artery hit (matter of seconds to maybe a minute to exanguinate), ect.

And I would like to see it where you cannot fully recover on the field, and require special out of raid only meds to fully heal outside of the raid. Namely I think move away from just having generic hitpoints, and have something more representative of blood volume, which you can't replace in raid and need transfusions/blood bags outside to fully recover, along with just 'limb/body' integrity detailing the structural integrity of the limb.

So yeah, totally for it. Go all the way realistic, simulate blood volume, shock, low or high bp, arrhythmia from trauma, unconcious/knocked out states, the works that can be done within technical/hardware limitations.

Sushi
4 hours ago, iamjabour said:

Hey, what you guys think about the damage system and the lack of vital parts on chest, lung and lag?

I think would be cool to increase special hit boxes with spacial body parts that are vital so it can also 1 shot kill or make really hard/impossible to recovery forcing you to leave the raid as soon as possible.

Also I believe would be cool to implement some sort of recovery system so if you are down someone can prevent you form dying and keep you alive, even after you been down. maybe a bleeding out after the HP hit zero or you when down? I think that would be cool combined with the option to carry bodies so you could carry/drag your friend out of fire and try to make him stable. IMO I don't think you should be able to do a full HP recovery after going down, maybe something like keep body parts blacked out.

What you guys think about both suggestions?

Actually, most players suspect that the chest has a special modifier for "vital" damage, as bullets like M855A1 or the 7.62x54r should not be able to one-shot kill you, but will kill people in one shot with a chest hit.

And to be honest, the "stomach bug" is very much like what you're saying already (you bleed hydration extremely fast if your stomach is destroyed, and can die in a minute or two flat) and it's very unpopular.

I wouldn't mind the latter suggestion though, especially if blunt trauma from gunfire is implemented.

iamjabour
37 minutes ago, Sushi said:

Actually, most players suspect that the chest has a special modifier for "vital" damage, as bullets like M855A1 or the 7.62x54r should not be able to one-shot kill you, but will kill people in one shot with a chest hit.

And to be honest, the "stomach bug" is very much like what you're saying already (you bleed hydration extremely fast if your stomach is destroyed, and can die in a minute or two flat) and it's very unpopular.

I wouldn't mind the latter suggestion though, especially if blunt trauma from gunfire is implemented.

IMO, if it's a system and we have some kind of of raid view of vital parts and "explanation" to the death I don't see a problem. I believe people get a bit confused since there is no information and sometimes we think it's a "bug" more than a feature. Also luck shot happens, so maybe having a skill or hideout area where you can see the anatomy of the body and "learn" where the special/vital parts are would cause less frustration.

Regarding the special penetration on body amour I think it should have some known areas of low protection and as I think it's done today some random value for areas so it can simulate some factory error or repair error.

I would keep protection out of this thread, since I'm talking more about the body modeling. The protection and bullet damage goes on top of it's discussed in other threads.

Sushi
5 minutes ago, iamjabour said:

IMO, if it's a system and we have some kind of of raid view of vital parts and "explanation" to the death I don't see a problem. I believe people get a bit confused since there is no information and sometimes we think it's a "bug" more than a feature. Also luck shot happens, so maybe having a skill or hideout area where you can see the anatomy of the body and "learn" where the special/vital parts are would cause less frustration.

Regarding the special penetration on body amour I think it should have some known areas of low protection and as I think it's done today some random value for areas so it can simulate some factory error or repair error.

I would keep protection out of this thread, since I'm talking more about the body modeling. The protection and bullet damage goes on top of it's discussed in other threads.

I have a feeling BSG would want to avoid being too detailed about how those mechanics work, but generally what happens in the game is fairly straightforward to begin with (headshots, upper torso shots do more damage, instant kill if they're destroyed.)

And possibly? For kevlar / soft armor protection is uniform across the garment, but a hard plate or insert would only protect a specific area.

halberger
1 hour ago, Sushi said:

But the "stomach bug" is an excellent feature! One more reason to play more carefully, to wear some armor and to carry that water even with current relatively short raid times. I've been able to extract from a long distance with shot stomach because I had two 0.6 bottles. Three birds with one stone, towards more milsim instead of reckless run and gun experience.

The same goes for bleeding, limping and so on. Without it the whole medical system would be pointless as there wouldn't be any important differences between EFT and ordinary shooter.

I just wish that you couldn't use med items with hotkeys and using med items would prohibit other actions, like reloading or moving. Currently running away while pressing medkit after medkit, without even looking at the med stats or inventory, has basically the same functionality as an automated health regen.

Sushi
3 minutes ago, halberger said:

But the "stomach bug" is an excellent feature! One more reason to play more carefully, to wear some armor and to carry that water even with current relatively short raid times. I've been able to extract from a long distance with shot stomach because I had two 0.6 bottles. Three birds with one stone, towards more milsim instead of reckless run and gun experience.

The same goes for bleeding, limping and so on. Without it the whole medical system would be pointless as there wouldn't be any important differences between EFT and ordinary shooter.

I just wish that you couldn't use med items with hotkeys and using med items would prohibit other actions, like reloading or moving. Currently running away while pressing medkit after medkit, without even looking at the med stats or inventory, has basically the same functionality as an automated health regen.

It's not? The bug kills you in about 20 seconds because you lose 5-6 hydration per second.  I believe the original intent was that a destroyed stomach depletes hydration at a rate of 5~ per minute, which isn't so terrible. But I don't think you understood what I meant there.

The animations for using medical items are a work in progress right now, so in the future you won't be able to heal and shoot at the same time.

halberger

Indeed, I thought that the "stomach bug" is just a community nickname for the dehydration caused by wounds. So to clarify, I like the functionality very much, but the specific dehydration rate could be revised. No complains though, as I understand what beta status means. A work in progress.