Sign in to follow this  
Xenome-111

So this is what causing framedrops.

Xenome-111

So apparently game locks itself to use only 50%of gpu and uses only one core of the cpu which might cause low fps. 

So I don't know man how to fix this rather than buying the most expensive hardware or wait for devs to fix it. Anyways it's going to take time. 

See u on tarkov :(

Big_Joe

You can change the behavior with external programs for now, for example with Process Lasso. If this really is a problem on your side (tarkov uses my 4 physical cores) maybe this helps.

DjiRo

Same as @Big_Joe, ETF use all my threads, around 50% charge.

As for my GPU (970GTX OC), it uses the GPU between 60% and 100%. I still didn't managed to pinpoint the bottleneck of my configuration.

@Xenome-111, have you checked the load of your VRAM? Have you any heavy filters setted up?

TanithScout

Where did you read this?

Xenome-111

It uses my all cores but it pegs up 1 core while the others r at 10-20%load.

Whereas for gpu it just gets lock down to 50%usage and this happens in shorelines and customs. Where in other maps no problem. 

And as for settings I use ultra settings with sharpening at 3 and ssaa  on cabberations off noise off and blur off. 

Didn't check VRam though. Will check later. 

I used afterburner to check the usage and also when the framedrops happen upd  frame times goes to yellow. 

And framedrops also happen during sunset and morning time much more dropping to 50s.whereas in days I get around 70-80 frames but which is still low I think because it doesn't use my hardware fully. 

pythonmsh

I went from a e5 2697 v2 with an avg of 50-60 frames in tarkov on low settings. I upgraded to a 7600k and I'm at 120 capped avg with higher settings. This game is very CPU intensive with fast cores, I now get proper GPU usage with my GTX 1070.

Edited by pythonmsh

gear69
20 hours ago, Xenome-111 said:

So apparently game locks itself to use only 50%of gpu and uses only one core of the cpu which might cause low fps. 

So I don't know man how to fix this rather than buying the most expensive hardware or wait for devs to fix it. Anyways it's going to take time. 

See u on tarkov :(

I ll make a guide about optimization so u all can try to archive the best