UpperCloud

How long will alpha be?

UpperCloud

So will it be month or more or just 2 weeks? I just wanna know because you dont get alpha with Left behind edition so iw would be nice to know when alpha ends and beta starts :)

(Yes i did use the search bar so dont judge if there is topic for this)

IggyPott

I think they stated two weeks

Drakkaar
31 minutes ago, UpperCloud said:

So will it be month or more or just 2 weeks? I just wanna know because you dont get alpha with Left behind edition so iw would be nice to know when alpha ends and beta starts :)

They don't have a set date for when it starts ends. Because they do not know exactly how much testing needs to be done. When they feel comfortable with whats been accomplished in Closed Alpha they will announce it and then work on progressing into Closed Beta.

There's no official word but it'll be at least 2 weeks, people suspect a bit longer to let people who are only getting in near the end time to playtest.

Natalino
34 minutes ago, UpperCloud said:

Here is what TarkovEscaper answered:

We don't want to make guesses, we will announce dates of Alpha end and Beta start when we are certain on this topic

Source

So no dates but some months ago on an interview that was translated from Russian to English, they mentioned that it might last from 2 weeks to 1 month and 2 weeks BUT I doubt that this will still be valid since by 2 weeks its the time where everyone will just get in YET.  So no answer yet! :) 

ivantherussian

It will kindda be unfair for people who get into the alpha 1-2 before it ends... 

While the first testers already played for 2 weeks. 

skin

I personally hope Alpha is longer than a few weeks but with a full release expectation of 2016 and as clean as everything looks...unless some serious bugs rear their ugly heads during stress test Alpha I think it will be pretty quickly moved to Beta testing.  The game looks to be very well done and LOADS better than most Alpha's on the market.

BrandonS101

Atleast 2 weeks but no confirmed length

AHSGMA
6 hours ago, ivantherussian said:

It will kindda be unfair for people who get into the alpha 1-2 before it ends... 

While the first testers already played for 2 weeks. 

First come first served. If it wasn't for word of mouth I wouldn't even know about this and since I rarely bit popular youtube channels. Im sure a lot who bought the game last don't mind waiting. Besides, it's something to look forward too.

ivantherussian
31 minutes ago, AHSGMA said:

First come first served. If it wasn't for word of mouth I wouldn't even know about this and since I rarely bit popular youtube channels. Im sure a lot who bought the game last don't mind waiting. Besides, it's something to look forward too.

?

Rasphelt

I cant wait to actually play - today has been a long time coming!

Kevin073

i still dont have the alpha Invite mail and i own the Edge of Darkness Limited Edition? 

Kwahamot
Just now, Kevin073 said:

i still dont have the alpha Invite mail and i own the Edge of Darkness Limited Edition? 

AHSGMA
21 hours ago, ivantherussian said:

?

I meant like most are okay if they get in 1-2 days before the alpha is over meaning those who pre-purchased late :)

Arngrim
On 2016-08-03 at 6:36 PM, skin said:

I personally hope Alpha is longer than a few weeks but with a full release expectation of 2016 and as clean as everything looks...unless some serious bugs rear their ugly heads during stress test Alpha I think it will be pretty quickly moved to Beta testing.  The game looks to be very well done and LOADS better than most Alpha's on the market.

I can't see a realistic 2016 release, if they had to push the alpha back by 6 months, then i don't see how they could catch up with their release date, if anything they would have to delay the release by the same 6 months. Not sure i even want them to release the game early just to meet the release goal of 2016. With the alpha delayed, just let the alpha last for a few months, pop closed beta and then open beta for server stress testing, and bam, spring 2017 release.

JAKS

I have EDGE OF DARKNESS LIMITED EDITION and still no invite to Alpha.... utterly disappointed.

How do I get my money back!?

Kwahamot
2 minutes ago, JAKS said:

I have EDGE OF DARKNESS LIMITED EDITION and still no invite to Alpha.... utterly disappointed.

How do I get my money back!?

The alpha is being given out in waves. 

Kevin073

so the invite are send away in wave, so if im correct ; If you dont have it todays wave, you will get it tomorrow? if not the next day? it said 100% access so how long is that waiting list? 

and can you keep playing till the release or just for a short time of uses? like got a week or 2? and  then closes and then you can play again with the beta? 

BrandonS101

minimum of 2 weeks, i think it will probably be a month

Cheaptrix

I'm really hoping to see them take their time with the alpha and beta stages. No need to rush. :)

SucoVidya
On 8/3/2016 at 11:55 PM, Bagheera said:

No, they said it will take up to two weeks to get all people the Alpha invite who are qualified for it.

oh dear i cant wait two weeks i might explode

Falney

The alpha is likely to last at least a month or two. 

Developing a game is a long and difficult process and quite often young studios quote time frames far too short. Unfortunately this is the internet and if the internet doesn't get what they want yesterday, it is flaming pitchforks at dawn. 

Edited by Falney

Europoor
16 hours ago, Falney said:

The alpha is likely to last at least a month or two. 

Developing a game is a long and difficult process and quite often young studios quote time frames far too short. Unfortunately this is the internet and if the internet doesn't get what they want yesterday, it is flaming pitchforks at dawn. 

Welcome back Falney. :) 

Edited by Europoor

Falney
On 07/08/2016 at 6:54 PM, Europoor said:

Welcome back Falney. :) 

Haha thank you. I have been extremely busy waist deep in Unreal Engine. Too busy to really do anything but with EFT entering alpha I just had to bring my self back. 

edit:

On a side note, if any one is interested in having an insight into game development, you should check out the Extra Credits game design and game development videos. They are easy to understand and let you know just what studios go through (The video's are aimed at people wanting to become developers. Mostly toward indie dev teams)

Edited by Falney