Season Pass

dr_cannibalism

First off, let me just say that I did a search for this topic and while I did find mention of it in a few topics and a few topics seemingly specifically about it in Russian, which I unfortunately don't understand, I feel it might be worthwhile asking this directly. I couldn't look through all of the pages of results, however, as the results page kept crashing on me when I tried to look deeper at older posts. As such, if this has already been covered somewhere, I apologise.

The EoD edition comes with a season pass and I know it has been part of the reason some people have chose to get the game. As much as I'd love to be able to grab that version myself, it's financially not something I can do at this point in time, nor do I expect that will change before the alpha is over. As such, it's looking like I may have to purchase one of the other packs, so I was just curious about season passes specifically and was wondering if it were at all possible to get any more info on them. My questions are;
1) Will non-EoD players be able to purchase a season pass or will we have to buy the DLCs individually?
2) If we can buy season passes, when could we expect to be able to do so?
3) Will they be permanent and encompass all DLCs like the EoD season pass does?
4) Approximately what price in USD could we expect to pay for a season pass?

Thank you.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, dr_cannibalism said:

1) Will non-EoD players be able to purchase a season pass or will we have to buy the DLCs individually?

Most games allow those to purchase the season pass after the game has been released. The incentive is for people to  buy it before the price changes. Kind of like the fallout 4 season pass it was first $30 and now with 4DLCs its now $50 I believe. But I do imagine once the game drops or the first DLC comes out you will be able to buy the season pass. And If it is a season pass that is not with the EoD it will still come with all future DLCs.

Hope this helps!

6 minutes ago, skin said:

If this game is half as cool as I am anticipating it's going to be, I can't WAIT to see what sort of DLC's they are going to come up with!

+1

3 hours ago, dr_cannibalism said:

First off, let me just say that I did a search for this topic and while I did find mention of it in a few topics and a few topics seemingly specifically about it in Russian, which I unfortunately don't understand, I feel it might be worthwhile asking this directly. I couldn't look through all of the pages of results, however, as the results page kept crashing on me when I tried to look deeper at older posts. As such, if this has already been covered somewhere, I apologise.

The EoD edition comes with a season pass and I know it has been part of the reason some people have chose to get the game. As much as I'd love to be able to grab that version myself, it's financially not something I can do at this point in time, nor do I expect that will change before the alpha is over. As such, it's looking like I may have to purchase one of the other packs, so I was just curious about season passes specifically and was wondering if it were at all possible to get any more info on them. My questions are;

Thank you.

we have to learn russian because they do have way more info about the game than us, poor ENGLISH D:

7 minutes ago, SlyFoX said:

@Texocet, lad truly I understood that. ;)  I'm not that bad at english. :D

I know you got it, Lass, I was retorting.

Besides, English is the issue regardless. Sarcasm, context and attitude is next to impossible to accurately convey through written text (In English) without subjective subtitles.

Edited by Texocet

TBH, I find gun skins in general to be rubbish. If it's not a realistic looking camo pattern, then I don't want to see it. I'd rather have an original, un-molested looking gun than something that looks like it's been dipped in blue chrome. I don't understand the fascination with ridiculous looking skins E.G. CS:GO.

Was just going through the FAQ, seems they've updated it since last I checked.

"Q:  Free access to DLCs in the Edge of Darkness Edition means free DLCs for life, or expirable season pass?

A:  Free DLCs forever."

Nah, I knew that info, hence why question 3 specifically mentions that info. As that FAQ question relates specifically to the EoD pass, I don't want to assume anything and would rather ask directly.

4 minutes ago, dr_cannibalism said:

Nah, I knew that info, hence why question 3 specifically mentions that info. As that FAQ question relates specifically to the EoD pass, I don't want to assume anything and would rather ask directly.

Ask @TarkovEscaper

4 hours ago, dr_cannibalism said:

TBH, I find gun skins in general to be rubbish. If it's not a realistic looking camo pattern, then I don't want to see it. I'd rather have an original, un-molested looking gun than something that looks like it's been dipped in blue chrome. I don't understand the fascination with ridiculous looking skins E.G. CS:GO.

I keep getting flashbacks to the awful skin microtransactions in KF2 where you can pay money to make your gun an awful tye-dye orange or puke green.

I sell all of those. I do wish we unlocked the cosmetic character items without that CS:GO style case BS though, as I do like some of the cosmetic items I've seen.

I don't even know if the devs intend to sell a season pass. Season packs are a thing from the western market. If you look at games from other markets you rarelly see season passes. (Yes, they named it "season pass" on the store page, but they said nothing about selling it outside the eod)

But if they do, let's hope it isn't cheaper than the eod package one.

Anyway, i dunno if the dlcs will be skin packs, after all they intend the packs to be sold 20 bucks each, so unless it has lots of skins and custom models, i really don't see them being skins. We're likelly to get missions or more maps out of them, rather than skins.

В 03.08.2016 в 17:56, dr_cannibalism сказал:

1. After packs are gone, you may buy season pass separately
2. I can't say
3. Probably
3. Defenetly can't say

• Upvote 1

50 minutes ago, TarkovEscaper said:

1. After packs are gone, you may buy season pass separately
2. I can't say
3. Probably
3. Defenetly can't say

So essentially.... Maybe to all 4.

@dr_cannibalism, I suppose @CloneWarrior85 ment something similar to what I'm going to say.

If the price for the Season Pass will be comparable to the LB or PFE edition + additional payment - it will be painfull for the EoD guys. Like, if you've bought the SP later, you should probably pay a little bit more at least. Because when you buy EoD you support developers at early stage of development, and that must make some difference.

8 часов назад, CloneWarrior85 сказал:

Anyway, i dunno if the dlcs will be skin packs, after all they intend the packs to be sold 20 bucks each, so unless it has lots of skins and custom models, i really don't see them being skins. We're likelly to get missions or more maps out of them, rather than skins.

AFAIK, DLCs are going to consist of additional raids, missions, locations, etc. That kind of stuff. Probably skins, but that would rather be like an addition isntead of main content.

• Upvote 1