stottmason24

Dehydration is exxxxxtreme

stottmason24

Many a time have I been stalking a squad waiting for the perfect moment to take my kill shots, when suddenly I am caught off guard by a pistol wielding player or a random scav who then proceeds to blast a hole in my stomach before I poke a 7.62 round through their eye. I understand the effects that a missing stomach should have on your character, but I feel very strongly that he shouldn't just keel over dead from 10 minutes without water. My suggestion is that rather than just straight up killing the player, gradually reduce their maximum stamina in proportion to their hydration level. I am writing this just after losing an M4 and 2 mp5's to dehydration, so I may be biased, but dehydration in its current state should be changed.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 5

Kamical

100/100 hydration, black stomached by a scav, died 45 seconds later. Bit much. It should kill you, but not that quickly.

TechoverMana

Realistically, dehydration shouldn't be a life or death concern unless you're doing something for hours and hours of intense labor at the very least. It usually takes days to die of dehydration. It's just not something that'd be a high concern as far as living or dying in the EFT raid timeframe.

That said, staying hydrated would be important for maintaining athletic/physical performance over time, carrying weight and running around, need to stay hydrated. But the concern would be more like heat stress, not just dehydration. Same with hunger and poo.

• Like 2

SilentHightimes

Yep, pretty stupid effect.

• Like 1

sergiu2411

Dehydration is extreme indeed, just imagine what it is going to look like when the game is going to be open world, if it is going to be...

• Like 1

Shmickel

Dehydration as it is, is just an extra Stat to monitor creating more ways to die which imply the hardcore focus of the game.

Realism focus or not, it is still just a game. Most game always follow a faster metabolism than reality or else, everything would be so long and boring. That is why pills does the effect right away, you can walk on blow up limb, still hold your gun when your arms are done and you have an Health bar that increase when you use a med kit ( would love to see some one on Shoreline after a big fight walking around for hours with an I.V. in his arm because he got messed up).

If you look at your PMC status on the gear tab, there is more factors that will come to play forcing people to carry even more stuff they didn't though they would need.

Be aware, it is not a simulator, it is just a hard game.

KIIAK
On 11/20/2017 at 11:27 PM, stottmason24 said:

Many a time have I been stalking a squad waiting for the perfect moment to take my kill shots, when suddenly I am caught off guard by a pistol wielding player or a random scav who then proceeds to blast a hole in my stomach before I poke a 7.62 round through their eye. I understand the effects that a missing stomach should have on your character, but I feel very strongly that he shouldn't just keel over dead from 10 minutes without water. My suggestion is that rather than just straight up killing the player, gradually reduce their maximum stamina in proportion to their hydration level. I am writing this just after losing an M4 and 2 mp5's to dehydration, so I may be biased, but dehydration in its current state should be changed.

I carry a water bottle and a can of food at all time lol 

• Upvote 1

LegendaryDragon

i hate the dehydration typically you can go into a fight versus another player and win with a black stomach, and a few seconds later you died it's way to harsh and shouldn't even be part of the current state of the game, you cant even stop the dehydration i mean you can stop bleeding which is also liquid why shouldn't be able to stop dehydration? cover it up with dirt in the gun wound, yes it can cause infection but do you wanna have a chance to live now, or die?

also if it has to be in the game give is stitches or stables, maybe even a sewing kit which could reduce bleeding chance/stomach dehydration by 50% it would make the game more forgiven if you're prepared because currently you have to drink several hundred bottles every half second to live.

cribbit
2 hours ago, LegendaryDragon said:

i hate the dehydration typically you can go into a fight versus another player and win with a black stomach, and a few seconds later you died it's way to harsh and shouldn't even be part of the current state of the game, you cant even stop the dehydration i mean you can stop bleeding which is also liquid why shouldn't be able to stop dehydration? cover it up with dirt in the gun wound, yes it can cause infection but do you wanna have a chance to live now, or die?

also if it has to be in the game give is stitches or stables, maybe even a sewing kit which could reduce bleeding chance/stomach dehydration by 50% it would make the game more forgiven if you're prepared because currently you have to drink several hundred bottles every half second to live.

Wear armor, spam meds during fight, win the fight without taking as much damage. 

If you've got two guys shooting each other and landing shots IRL they're both going to die. 

Blacked stomach isn't losing hydration externally but internally. It's basically like internal bleeding. (can you imagine the butthurt if they add internal bleeding that meds can't heal?)

-l-

I don't think if you died after 10 mins of dehydration is the games fault. 10 mins is a long time to go loot for some refreshments. There is a ton of loot that replenishes hydration. It gives food and water a purpose. If they made it realistic like real life, you could go 1 to 2 hours without food and water. It would make food and water have no purpose in the game. I think raid's are to simulate military operations. Those can last a long time, some of them last for even days. You have to remember that this is still a videogame. In real life, it would take a lot longer to swap loot. No one wants to wait several minutes to just change vests. The only thing I think should be more realistic is loading magazines with bullets. The current makes players have no purpose in carrying more magazines when they can just go repack the magazine immediately.

• Upvote 1

xill0uT

EFT is suppose to be a realistic combat simulater. No one dies from Dehydration in 30 min, even after being shot.
People can stand days without "fluids" in their system, therefore, imo Dehydration is not that realistic in this game, making no sense having it on it. 
Dehydration makes even less sense in this game from the point that you only spend like 20/30/40min in game. If this was a open world game like Dayz, Arma 3, etc...Dehydration would be a good feature to have, but in eft, i dont think it shouldnt be that big of an issue.

If i get shot in stomach....its not drinking water, juice, etc.. that gonna make me survive.

Someone said "Be aware, it is not a simulator, it is just a hard game."
Your wrong about it. From the Devs, this game is suppose to be a realistic simulator. 

forunner0

Dehydration is a little to extreme. I don't mind it being there. Just the fact that when you hit the 0 mark, you shouldn't be dying a minute later.

Doomlight

I agree that dehydration is a bit extreme right now, and I think it's worse as of the 0.8 patch.  I had a run where I was doing well and on my way to extraction when suddenly, I was dehydrated (obviously it wasn't sudden, but I wasn't paying attention).  The dehydration killed me as if I was bleeding out, maybe even faster, and I didn't get 10 minutes...I got about 2 and died 30 ft away from extraction.

I don't know if dehydration is supposed to be that bad or if it's a bug, but I don't remember ever fearing death by dehydration before the patch; it was inconvenient, but not deadly.

I like the idea of it effecting stamina levels.  It would take a toll on the players performance, but it wouldn't be a more immediate threat than being shot.

LordSquidworth
1 minute ago, Doomlight said:

I agree that dehydration is a bit extreme right now, and I think it's worse as of the 0.8 patch.  I had a run where I was doing well and on my way to extraction when suddenly, I was dehydrated (obviously it wasn't sudden, but I wasn't paying attention).  The dehydration killed me as if I was bleeding out, maybe even faster, and I didn't get 10 minutes...I got about 2 and died 30 ft away from extraction.

I don't know if dehydration is supposed to be that bad or if it's a bug, but I don't remember ever fearing death by dehydration before the patch; it was inconvenient, but not deadly.

I like the idea of it effecting stamina levels.  It would take a toll on the players performance, but it wouldn't be a more immediate threat than being shot.

Because your metabolism is now 0. 

Gotta level it back up... 

Hallith

It is ridiculous now. If you get gutshot dehydration will break every bone in your body.  Happened a couple times and it feels waaaay to quick, it needds to be slowed down a whole lot. Skills might help but we shall see. Very frustrating right now.

Chouette

I can't tell if it's too harsh or not but anyway I always pack a bottle of water now :)

• Upvote 1

hhthht123

I think the energy should decrease faster than the hydration, not the other way around. Right now I don't eat food at all, because it takes away your hydration. And you shouldn't die from dehydration. Losing strength or stamina is bad enough.

Tokias

In all reality you would die of internal bleeding not dehydration. It would just take a little less time

aguadotito

Dehydration souldn't kill you just in 2 minute, it should just blur your view and make you cough.

Tactical_Tracke

So, I think it's important to realize that while taking a gut shot can have widely ranging effects in terms of how long it takes you to die. 

If it hits an artery or major vein, you can be dead in less than two minutes, other major organs (which your stomach is packed with) can lead to death in under ten minutes. Assuming it's just your stomach that's been ruptured, it can take several days for you to die of the ensuing infection. In the latter most case, It was the favored execution method of a few South American dictators and despots who'd use a small caliber pistol cartridge, shoot someone in the gut and let them die of sepsis over a few days.

Don't look at the dehydration scale as a literally 'you have no water in your body'. But rather in the circumstances of gut shots, 'Your stomach acid is literally eating your insides'. 

As Tarkov has a very rudimentary medical system, This is as close as we'll get to representing that without other aspects of the medical system having to be entirely revamped. 

I.E. Any Torso shot would require a chest seal

Any extremity wound would require a tourniquet in order to actually stop 'bleeding' 

Magically applying a splint or painkillers to a broken bone doesn't make you able to walk

When under the influence of morphine, you're entirely incoherent. And yet able to fight and carry on as normal?

It's all fine and dandy to be frustrated with certain aspects of the damage/medical system. But the bottom line, Is barring an entire revamp, it's representative of the issues that would exist if you actually suffered a gut shot.  

Violetta

How about instead of dehydration killing you within seconds when your drank hits 0, you start losing stamina rapidly and eventually your stamina never replenishes so you can't sprint, and when you have to jump over something a couple points of HP are taken away (maybe from chest/head). This at least will keep our "hardcore" element but remain realistic. 

I lost so much gear that I earned from a massive firefight with multiple groups because - it was so long into the raid - and took so long to end. I'm on my way to extract and BAM dehydration hits (agreed, my fault though) and even though I guzzled down 3 salewas and an IFAK, I could not limp to extract quick enough. Dehydration effects are ridiculous right now.

Rizla

Yeah. I thought this game was supposed to be realistic. I cant recall ever hearing of someone dying of dehydration within 30 minutes of their last drink

thesxw

Its good like it is now u dont see that game time is quite speeduped so this 45-60 seconds ingame will be 2-4h ingame so it should kill u if u lose water from body and dehydrated

it is fast but no matter what u can survive if u have at last 2 car meds for at last next 1-2 min depend how fast u will use them and ofcorse u will need painkillers

Adermann322

dehydration kills you after 20 or 30 minutes, but 11 rounds of M855A1 to the chest wont kill an enemy.

dehydration should just start reducing your max stamina and its regeneration, and movemment speed after it goes to 35/100 or so. losing health, and removing your ability to go any faster than a walking pace is a stupid mechanic for dehydration.

it should be a hindrance, not a death sentence

• Hot 1