Spid3rpig

Weaponinflation

Spid3rpig

Hey Guys,

i can see a huge problem upcoming. Not a single equip gonna dissapear which leads to a inflation.

Case 1: You get it back by the insurance
Case 2: An enemy take your weapon and get out

in both cases the Weapon stays in the community. this leads after 2-3 Month in a game with only good equiped players and no real panic about losing 1 or 2 m4´s

how do you want to stop this trent?

my idea is to stop the insurance or higher wear to the weapons and no possibility to repair them

• Like 1

Gr8WhiteBuffalo
8 minutes ago, Spid3rpig said:

Not a single equip gonna dissapear

What?

10 minutes ago, Spid3rpig said:

which leads to a inflation

Are you talking about prices, or the volume of hot weapons the field?

8 minutes ago, Spid3rpig said:

no possibility to repair them

Not a chance. Weapon durability is not a thing yet, but believe me, when it is, you'll be cryin for those repair kits.

I'll tell you the same thing I tell the weirdo's who complain that their EoD stash is full; go solo a few times, stay late. You'll either get a bumload richer, or you make a bit of space... you cant lose. ;) 

Spid3rpig

a good weapon get looted or you gonna get it back by insurance - so good weapons wont dissapear

inflation of good weapons,

i like the idea with the repaur stop :)

PIK

why you start the same thread in 2 different languages?

Spid3rpig

beacuse theres no dev suggestion in the german one

Deadmode

Personally I can't see this being an issue, not now and especially not in a feature-complete EFT.

The other day I had 22 fully-modded weapons, including 10 M4s. This is because of reasons you mentioned. What did I do when my stash got full of guns?

Yup, I stripped them and sold them for cash. Weapons no longer in circulation.

Edited by Deadmode

TechoverMana

Yeah, I don't really see an issue. Plus, people go out and choose to just do TT runs even when they've got 5-6 modded out M4s just for the challenge or because they like doing John Wick runs or whatever.

I don't think it's a huge concern that everyone has the ability to stock up on good weapons if they so choose.

rix5
On 22.11.2017 at 2:19 PM, Spid3rpig said:

Hey Guys,

i can see a huge problem upcoming. Not a single equip gonna dissapear which leads to a inflation.

Case 1: You get it back by the insurance
Case 2: An enemy take your weapon and get out

in both cases the Weapon stays in the community. this leads after 2-3 Month in a game with only good equiped players and no real panic about losing 1 or 2 m4´s

how do you want to stop this trent?

my idea is to stop the insurance or higher wear to the weapons and no possibility to repair them

Finally someone with a brain!

Make insurance much more expensive or get rid of it entirely! Easy fix.

There needs to be a balance. For each weapon gained there must be one weapon lost permanently; or at least 0,9 weapons.

Scav-play gives you free weapons too.

All this will make it impossible for people to start out with the game later after release. After a few months the ones who played it from beginning will have high gear and newcomers won't be able to even get in and they will cry on the forum because THEY can't get weapons at all while the ones playing from the start will cry how they have much too many weapons. It's already happening.

This is a serious issue. The game can't release before this isn't adressed or it'll be dead in the water.

They tell us inflation right now is due to us having to test, but i think we need to actually more urgently test the balance of said inflation than we do need to test gun-mechanics.

Very good thread, OP.

Edited by rix5

KryoHawk
On 11/22/2017 at 8:19 AM, Spid3rpig said:

higher wear to the weapons and no possibility to repair them

I could agree with this one but maybe do module degrading instead (I.E. my receiver craps out so I gotta source a new one) 

This would also create a cool marketplace effect because maybe I don't feel like finding a new part so I scrap it and sell everything else on the weapon.

However, if this is done then it should be RARE that a module is found at 100% let alone a gun, so they should be found with a 30-100% durability remaining ratio