Sign in to follow this  
FosterFox

Squad Spawning In

FosterFox

So I just recently had an encounter on the night time version of Customs, and I ran into a person who I started to shoot at but then suddenly 3 more guys popped up right in front of my eyes. I was wondering if it's possible to spawn groups farther away from solo players? Or at least spread them out a bit instead of stacking them on top of one another? It makes the play session much less fun and even though I only lost a PACA, KIVER, and Vityaz. I'm still annoyed that people can just pop up right in front of me, and that I don't have much of a chance to run through the map. I understand that if I took a different route I might have avoided them but I don't think groups of 4 should spawn so close to the edge of the spawn where the map begins. I feel like solo players should have at least the head start advantage... 

EDIT: Video brightness and contrast was increased afterwards to help you see what happened.

Edited by FosterFox

DeltaElite121

Technically, you already had the advantage by spawning in before them. I get what you're saying, but there's a whole host of issues by doing that. Not really sure how they'd go about fixing this problem short of doing "1 vs all" and "group battle" modes.. both of which are highly unlikely is my guess.

• Thanks 1

Mihailnovici

You find the problem of the spawn as party's are to close for solo players ? but you do not question that the spawn system is in bad flaw because not all players are spawning in same time to start the raid in same time ? you did counter a party after you did cross half of spawning distance, yet you complaining that you was killed by a party, when the facts was that you fail to land hits on them even when they was still spawning there (it smells more like early spawn camper)

PS The spawn system is not best but not worst, it should be all players spawn in same time; add'd more spawn locations (more variables)

• Thanks 1

LoneWolf_ROU

hey bro u started to engage that guy sooo...only person at fault is you. U could of picked a different route like you said. when you play solo play more carefull you sure you weren't looking for easy spawn kills?

Edited by LoneWolf_ROU
  • Thanks 1

Deadmode

You are moving the instant you spawn. You are running around hastily and not being careful in the slightest.

The second you move from that spawn point, you are fair game. The people in this situation who should be protected are the squad spawning in. They haven't got any time to react to you at all. You decided that you would have that engagement with those players. You did so by running immediately to another spawn point and the engaging them as they spawned. You then continued to engage, despite being outnumbered and having the opportunity to fall back, and you died as a result. Tough luck. Why should you have further protection when you engineered that whole encounter?

I agree that the whole placeholder spawn system in EFT is pretty awful at times and it can be exploited, but in this siutation YOU are the one who has taken advantage of it and I see absolutely no argument for you having further protection. 

6 hours ago, FosterFox said:

I don't have much of a chance to run through the map. I understand that if I took a different route I might have avoided them but I don't think groups of 4 should spawn so close to the edge of the spawn where the map begins

Running through the map is a strategy that carries a lot of risks. Different route or not, your playstyle makes you an easy target in either case. 

As I mentioned above, I do agree that the spawn system is flawed and do agree that they could be better placed. The worst culprit is often the nature of late-spawning. Late spawns should not happen. However, you running to where players can late spawn was your decision and you came unstuck.

6 hours ago, FosterFox said:

I feel like solo players should have at least the head start advantage... 

Why should they? Solos and squads have their own advantages and disadvantages and I see no reason why the game should tip the favour one way or the other.

This game is known for being better-off played in a squad, and has been indicated that the latter stages of the final game will be very difficult for solo players.

Also, 'headstart'? This isn't a race. Stop playing it like one.

• Thanks 1

FosterFox

After reviewing these comments I totally understand where you guys are getting at, and you're right I shouldn't be rushing ahead to fast. If I am going to rush to get to the marked room or to try to get to a certain location there are risks that I'm taking and I'm aware of that and I should accept it. The only issue I have is that I didn't really move that far though in my opinion, I just ran along the wall to get through the broken portion and I saw a person there so I engaged, but I never expected that he was a delayed spawn with a group of 4 people. I did have the advantage of being there before they even got into the game but I still feel like it's unfortunate that spawning works this way...

FosterFox

Just to clarify I'm not trying to exploit and spawn kill people, I was merely trying to run to get the military checkpoint key and I genuinely didn't know there was a spawn there. It's my fault for taking that risk but I hope the spawns are tweaked to where people don't spawn right in front of you. I was pretty irritated about what happened so I wasn't thinking clearly, and I didn't take into account all perspectives and the flow of the game. I agree that just because I'm solo doesn't mean I should have a "head start" or an advantage because both squads and solo have their advantages and disadvantages

LoneWolf_ROU

loading people in at the same time should be implemented....my opinion...like all other games....load/drop at the same time

Deadmode

This is the problem with the spawn system currently. It is a placeholder and it can be easily exploited for spawn killing and doesn't provide an equal footing for everyone as it can dump people into a raid that is 10 minutes old or more.

I also agree that the loot system needs to be a little more random or for the devs to find a way to avoid loot hotspots that causes a race to certain spots in the map to farm items.

Both of these placeholder mechanics were the reason your situation occurred and hopefully we should see some changes in test builds to come. It's one of the reasons I play predominantly in a squad of 2-4 because the gameplay flows slower trying to coordinate more players and we cannot loot run. Whenever I have done hatchet or pistol runs, they play out like this :D

FosterFox
1 minute ago, Deadmode said:

This is the problem with the spawn system currently. It is a placeholder and it can be easily exploited for spawn killing and doesn't provide an equal footing for everyone as it can dump people into a raid that is 10 minutes old or more.

I also agree that the loot system needs to be a little more random or for the devs to find a way to avoid loot hotspots that causes a race to certain spots in the map to farm items.

Both of these placeholder mechanics were the reason your situation occurred and hopefully we should see some changes in test builds to come. It's one of the reasons I play predominantly in a squad of 2-4 because the gameplay flows slower trying to coordinate more players and we cannot loot run. Whenever I have done hatchet or pistol runs, they play out like this :D

Thanks your your input man, it really helped me think outside the box. Sometimes you need someone to shake you a little bit to make you understand what's going on. I know that this will improve, but until then we just gotta deal with beta as it is lol

• Like 1