Sign in to follow this  
SleeplessLuna

Quick question about blue room 206 key

SleeplessLuna

Just a quick question about the blue dorms room 206 key that should be a common key, and not that rare. But i can't seem to find it in any cabinets (looted maby over 250 - 300 of them at this point) or dead scav bodies (killed a ton) and i have been running just about 300 raids and i'm level 24 at this point. Does anyone know if it has a specific spawn location now, even though i have never heard of that key having such a spawn location, or am i just extremely unlucky.

If someone has a spare i would love to make a deal with you, since at this point it's kind of getting annoyed that i can't complete the Therapist quest because of this key.

Also if this has been posted before i'm sorry and could i please get directed to the post allready with this topic.

Thanks.

Edited by SleeplessLuna

aussie

Having a tough time with this as well, and I search EVERYTHING, pre wipe I found the door open and finished quest. Have found everthing else but this one.

Electromech

Spend some time at the fence. I got lucky with a few keys that way. Otherwise I don;t think it spawns in a specific location

Asterix909

I am fairly certain this key only spawns in scav backpacks. I checked many, many cabinets for it before I realized all of the 'i found 206 key here' posts indicated it came from a scav backpack, or the person was trying to show off by lying ("206, that's not rare,I found 8 of them today in filing cabinets!"). It is a relatively rare key, so when someone makes a claim like that you know they are full of it. All the reputable claims state it came from a scav backpack.

So I'd suggest to stop looking in cabinets and just check backpacks. Once I changed where I was actively looking I found it pretty quickly (compared to the several days of checking filing cabinets).

Good luck.

TAW_Exoskeleton

I have 1 extra i can help you with that. It spawned in scavs backpacks and pockets.

MugsPH
On 11/25/2017 at 3:43 AM, SleeplessLuna said:

Just a quick question about the blue dorms room 206 key that should be a common key, and not that rare. But i can't seem to find it in any cabinets (looted maby over 250 - 300 of them at this point) or dead scav bodies (killed a ton) and i have been running just about 300 raids and i'm level 24 at this point. Does anyone know if it has a specific spawn location now, even though i have never heard of that key having such a spawn location, or am i just extremely unlucky.

If someone has a spare i would love to make a deal with you, since at this point it's kind of getting annoyed that i can't complete the Therapist quest because of this key.

Also if this has been posted before i'm sorry and could i please get directed to the post allready with this topic.

Thanks.

Same here, been treading Customs with extreme caution looking at every nook and cranny just for that 206 blue key.

Gonna side track a little bit, I noticed that your 300 raids gets you to Level 24. You die that much?

Kitousha

The highest drop rate of the 206 key I've noticed is from the Scav that guards the little wooden hut near the Woods extraction, the one with a burning barrel, a wood pile and a chain-link fence around it.

I've found 5 206 keys on that specific Scav since patch 0.4.0 and never on any other Scav/cabinet ever since the beta release.

I suggest farming that guy.

Edited by Kitousha

SleeplessLuna
8 hours ago, Exoskeleton1 said:

I have 1 extra i can help you with that. It spawned in scavs backpacks and pockets.

Nah it's all good. Found a guy on the trade thread that were willing to sell one too me for 3k Dollars. Might have been dumb but i was kind of desperate since i could not get any further with the Therapist quest line because of it.

• Like 1

Big_Joe

There is a car on customs, right at the military checkpoint, which spawns small-dorms-keys. 90% of the time its the 114 key 4 times, but there are other blue keys it can spawn, including the 206. My 4-man-squad found theres in it.

Highlen

I had a hard time with 206 key more then I did with the factory key

I Just end up playing the game just to play and 206 key scav spawned in a scav backpack.

he4thbar

Usually if you check fence(trading) often enough you can find most keys you are looking for. Unless its a factory or marked key.

Edited by he4thbar
trading

aussie

Having a tough time with this as well, and I search EVERYTHING, pre wipe I found the door open and finished quest. Have found everthing else but this one.

Many thanks to the person that left #206 open for me and everybody else in the match the day after I posted this, for such a simple quest it was a pain in the arse, if and when I find a key I will open the door whenever possible, it's a key that you won't ever use again so if you do have one or extras PLEASE either open the door or sell to Fence as it just stops everyone buying the game from enjoying what can be a very frustrating game and PLEASE for the geared squad douches show a litlle compassion now and then, give a wiggle wiggle and maybe drop one of your 30+ empty guns to somebody or stuff one in a wooden crate and make somebodies day whenever you scorch the earth. If nobody finds it, it will come back to you anyway.