Jlausarus

So I tried voice acting

Not sure if this is the appropriate place to share but oh well!

So I tried getting in voice acting because why the cucc not. So i thought why not pay some respect to my one of my most fav's milsim survival shooters! Been playing all day errday, I left siege and stopped playing other games(well not really, i do play depending on my work and friends) and went on this. I'm very proud of the devs putting their work in this game, there's a lot of improvements and changes since I first started.

Anyways here's the VO:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Drhy1unXT0A&feature=youtu.be

Let me know what you guys think! Would really love some feedback, audio settings/setup, techniques, etc!

Also do share around with the community!

Thank you guys and have fun escaping tarkov(If you can make it out in one piece ;) )

• Like 3
  • Hot 1

Sound's great!

But it sounds like you are semi-whispering the lines, meanwhile USEC talks normally.

additional to that you talk like a civilian on some voice lines, try to remember that you are taking the role of a highly trained PMC deployed in another country. 

(just some honest feed back on personal opinion)

im no professional on this tough :)

Edited by Losy11

10 hours ago, 3311adrian said:

You have a great voice. :) Your quality setup, game sounds in the background and your shouts are also good. GJ.

Thank you! :D

10 hours ago, Losy11 said:

Sound's great!

But it sounds like you are semi-whispering the lines, meanwhile USEC talks normally.

additional to that you talk like a civilian on some voice lines, try to remember that you are taking the role of a highly trained PMC deployed in another country. 

(just some honest feed back on personal opinion)

im no professional on this tough :)

Thanks for the feedback! Will work on it, I'm fully aware of the "whispering" aspect in the VO, more so because I'm going for the slight subtle approach, as more like the BEARS, but of course, I will work on it in the next one.

Thank you again!

I like it! 

Technical-wise you may want to use a high-pass filter and a pop shield to minimise the amount of unnecessary bottom end on the recordings, as there is quite a lot especially on your plosives!

Really enjoyed the game sounds being implemented, definitely helped to put things into context. I think it's been mentioned but you did start to go a bit Mad Max around the 5 minute mark haha, enjoyable don't get me wrong, just not professional perhaps ;) 

The pain sounds were great actually, and I liked the more subtle calls you made, as you would do if you were trying to stay quiet in hostile territory. At the moment the USEC dudes all but shout commands regardless of their situation lol

You're obviously a fan of Tarkov and it shows in your work! All I can recommend is keep doing your thing, and research recording techniques (specifically clarity and related professional standards) in order to further your craft. Who knows, we may just have discovered USEC 3 voice :P 

6 hours ago, DanExert said:

I like it! 

Technical-wise you may want to use a high-pass filter and a pop shield to minimise the amount of unnecessary bottom end on the recordings, as there is quite a lot especially on your plosives!

Really enjoyed the game sounds being implemented, definitely helped to put things into context. I think it's been mentioned but you did start to go a bit Mad Max around the 5 minute mark haha, enjoyable don't get me wrong, just not professional perhaps ;) 

The pain sounds were great actually, and I liked the more subtle calls you made, as you would do if you were trying to stay quiet in hostile territory. At the moment the USEC dudes all but shout commands regardless of their situation lol

You're obviously a fan of Tarkov and it shows in your work! All I can recommend is keep doing your thing, and research recording techniques (specifically clarity and related professional standards) in order to further your craft. Who knows, we may just have discovered USEC 3 voice :P 

Thank you!

To begin with, I don't have a studio or anything, this was done from home, as for that, my mic setup is somewhat decent, its mainly used for like gameplays, discord, etc. I'm still trying to find the right tune/settings for my microphone ^^

Yes I did kinda carried away with the rambo or mad max tone haha, i take whatever I've experienced/played/watched in video games and movies, so yeah. From my experience, when soldiers are scared or stressed out during combat, they tend to yell, regardless of combat experience. But of course, for the most parts, as a highly trained operator, you tend to keep your cool and your head in the swivel. Then again, I got carried away a little xD

Pain sounds kinda been my thing lol. Not sure how to put it that way, I mean, gotta get in character right? haha. I mean you're getting shot, stabbed, blown up mercilessly so yeah. It sure hurts. As for the subtle calls, they're kinda inspired from the BEAR operators, as most of their comms are quite covert and quieter(if that make sense lel).

Again thank you for the feedback and I really appreciate it! Ehh I hope so haha xD who knows right :P thanks again!

I appreciate what you’re saying dude, professional recordings can be made from home trust me! I didn’t mean to sound condescending with my feedback, I can just see the potential in your work and would like to see you get the best possible results :) 

Like I say a cheap pop filter and EQ high pass from 80Hz at least (maybe more) will help to remove unnecessary bottom end. Also might be worth using compression with a fast attack to catch any rogue transients from plosives. Also with the loud parts, apply some gain reduction to stop any distortion - you want the recordings to be clean after all, their in game volume can be altered by the devs later :P 

On 11/26/2017 at 9:36 PM, DanExert said:

I appreciate what you’re saying dude, professional recordings can be made from home trust me! I didn’t mean to sound condescending with my feedback, I can just see the potential in your work and would like to see you get the best possible results :) 

Like I say a cheap pop filter and EQ high pass from 80Hz at least (maybe more) will help to remove unnecessary bottom end. Also might be worth using compression with a fast attack to catch any rogue transients from plosives. Also with the loud parts, apply some gain reduction to stop any distortion - you want the recordings to be clean after all, their in game volume can be altered by the devs later :P 

Thank you again for the tips! Really means a lot to me ^^ I wiol give it another go next time. :D