PeshkaHawk

Gameplay suggestions: Melee and other things

PeshkaHawk

Hello Dev Team,
I recently bought the game and have some suggestion to improve the gameplay:
-Melee system: In a game like tarkov, I don't really see the point to have a cs-like melee system. I think the localized body parts damage should stay but I think a system of special actions would be more fitting to the game. First, it would be nice to be able to charge an ennemy and attack, not needing to stop sprinting to stab the guy with the gun in front of you. Also, it would be nice to have special actions as sneak elimination, enableing a special animation of you cutting your opponents throat from behind, or in combat being able to grab the ennemy so he doesn't run away and stab him, the grabbed party being able to fly only by mashing the attack button to get away or to hit the attacker (the latter depending on your characters skill and perk) or the ability to kick an oponent away from you, potentially making him stumble on environment.
-Be able to change the FOV
-Be able to change the gamma and lighting features
-Be able to loot cars by breaking a window, potentially trigerring the alarm
-Be able to roll on the side when at the lowest position with the lean right-left commands
-Be able to tear down your shirt/pants to make rags you can use as bandages, but makes you more vulnerable to barbed wires and can make your wounds infected, even if stopping the blood loss
That's all I have in mind for now, but it really is a good game with a very unique feel, looking forward for the next patch! :beawesome:

Forien
2 minutes ago, PeshkaHawk said:

-Be able to change the FOV

In game.

2 minutes ago, PeshkaHawk said:

-Be able to change the gamma and lighting features

People use ReShade for this, making nightvision useless. Night should be dark, no gamma BS...

3 minutes ago, PeshkaHawk said:

-Be able to loot cars by breaking a window, potentially trigerring the alarm

cool idea, not that there is much in cars anyway :D 

4 minutes ago, PeshkaHawk said:

-Be able to roll on the side when at the lowest position with the lean right-left commands

I'm for it

-Be able to tear down your shirt/pants to make rags you can use as bandages, but makes you more vulnerable to barbed wires and can make your wounds infected, even if stopping the blood loss

Already suggested at least 2 times, so far no response ;( 

Also, it would be nice to have special actions as sneak elimination, enableing a special animation of you cutting your opponents throat from behind

That was on some early alpha footage (don't remember if in-game or as animations preview in dev blogs), I was sure it's ingame, but after I bought it I got disappointed. But there is hope for that. 

PeshkaHawk
1 minute ago, Forien said:

In game.

People use ReShade for this, making nightvision useless. Night should be dark, no gamma BS...

cool idea, not that there is much in cars anyway :D 

I'm for it

Already suggested at least 2 times, so far no response ;( 

That was on some early alpha footage (don't remember if in-game or as animations preview in dev blogs), I was sure it's ingame, but after I bought it I got disappointed. But there is hope for that. 

Yeah but the FOV doesn't really change poo though

Forien
18 minutes ago, PeshkaHawk said:

Yeah but the FOV doesn't really change poo though

Because it's not an arcade shooter like csgo or something else where you can set 180 FOV so you can see enemy sneaking up to you. Want see around you? Use free look to look around. People just got mega spoiled by all these arcades nowadays...

Edited by Forien
  • Sad 1

iGoodLifeNL
26 minutes ago, Forien said:

Yes it was in our dev blog. this will be future content. (No hope needed,will be implemented)

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

PeshkaHawk
19 minutes ago, Forien said:

Because it's not an arcade shooter like csgo or something else where you can set 180 FOV so you can see enemy sneaking up to you. Want see around you? Use free look to look around. People just got mega spoiled by all these arcades nowadays...

I was thinking more to a arma-like fov where your head is on your shoulder and you can see the cross of your weapon on your shoulder and not having the feel you have your right hand tied to you cheek tho

TheRealOutlaw
46 minutes ago, PeshkaHawk said:

Be able to loot cars by breaking a window, potentially trigerring the alarm

I really like the idea of this, seems like a nice function

• Like 1