Teamwork Film CONTEST!

TheColdVein

TheColdVein

Hello, Escapers!

With BLACK FRIDAY being over, we would like to give you another opportunity to get a pre-order for you or a friend. Escape From Tarkov is designed for team play, so having friends to play (and test) with makes it fun, so we want to see this mechanic at work. We would like to hold a contest, where the focus is on teamwork and the best communication. This would be callouts, leadership, and the best precision of movement. You can choose any map you want, any gear you want.* You can edit 1-2 raids (same map) together, but keep the time to no more than 10 mins. 

You can use discord, TeamSpeak, etc. to communicate and even add effects to them to sound like walkie-talkies if you want. 

Requirements:

• Must be Night Map
  • Must be 4-5 man group (No Solo or 2-3 man groups)
  • * Must be some kind of guns, no hatchets

Prize:

GRAND PRIZE! -

A Left Behind Edition of Escape From Tarkov

SILVER PRIZE! - 

1 - 14 Day Trial Key

BRONZE PRIZE -

2 - 7 Day Trial Keys 

* NEW * Deadline: December 20th, 2017 11:59pm CST

Have fun!

2017-11-19[20-06]_231.8, -11.6, 325.8_-0.1, 0.5, 0.0, 0.9 (0).png

• Like 2
  • Hot 1
  • Upvote 3
vor einer Stunde schrieb ncyy3504:

So how to participate ?, upload a video? 

No do a Picture Show. Of course upload a video how else is it possible? It's obvious. Comeon dude.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

Sorry BSG, but I can't participate in this event.

My rig is so bad that it looks like the game is sculpted out of play dough

Nvidia Shadowplay doesn't appear to work with this game?

I usually only run 2-3 man groups because anything higher usually has confusion amongst us... 

Hopefully you'll make a similar event where it's an open field? As in any video can be sent in and you'll just like make it into a grammy sort of thing where there are catagories that people can enter into

(btw if this is a lowkey way of making a community trailer, well done I say)

Oh well, Looking forward to the winner!

AidsInbound

Is there a upgrade to the edition? because one of my friends bought the standard edition and he wants to upgrade.

Edited by AidsInbound
TheColdVein
3 hours ago, AidsInbound said:

Is there a upgrade to the edition? because one of my friends bought the standard edition and he wants to upgrade.

This is the wrong thread to ask. But yes, he can upgrade. Just go to the pre-order page. :) 

As a former marketing person I see a contradiction here: this is a teamwork contest and a collective effort but only one person gets the reward. This does not communicate teamwork values properly imo. Should better have prizes for the whole winning team.

Xenome-111
On 11/26/2017 at 1:24 AM, Colonel Twerkins said:

Hello, Escapers!

With BLACK FRIDAY being over, we would like to give you another opportunity to get a pre-order for you or a friend. Escape From Tarkov is designed for team play, so having friends to play (and test) with makes it fun, so we want to see this mechanic at work. We would like to hold a contest, where the focus is on teamwork and the best communication. This would be callouts, leadership, and the best precision of movement. You can choose any map you want, any gear you want.* You can edit 1-2 raids (same map) together, but keep the time to no more than 10 mins. 

You can use discord, TeamSpeak, etc. to communicate and even add effects to them to sound like walkie-talkies if you want. 

Requirements:

• Must be Night Map
  • Must be 4-5 man group (No Solo or 2-3 man groups)
  • * Must be some kind of guns, no hatchets

Prize:

One winner will receive -

A Left Behind Edition of Escape From Tarkov

Deadline: December 1st, 2017

Have fun!

2017-11-19[20-06]_231.8, -11.6, 325.8_-0.1, 0.5, 0.0, 0.9 (0).png

One question sir 

How can I increase the density of the grass like in that picture?  Thank u. 

SenorKeener

the price seems to be quiet weird. so you need to be 4 to 5 guys who already own the game to participate to win only a key for this game which no one of them who participated actually needs? 

LaturHusky

Actually it would be nice if there is a one extra copy for every team member, that will motivate teams to participate. Another thing is pretty short time limit to gather material and edit video.

TheColdVein

The contest is being extended for lack of entries. New Deadline: December, 20th. 

The prize I announced was based on availability. 

1 hour ago, Colonel Twerkins said:

The contest is being extended for lack of entries. New Deadline: December, 20th. 

(READ FORUM RULES PLEASE) Our movie maker was not sleeping one night and almost even 2nd night to make this video "perfect". I was translating the language in job to make subtitles in english and... this. Whatever, hope more videos will be created and shown until new deadline comes! Clocks are ticking. Good luck to every participant! :)

Edited by Colonel Twerkins
No Profanity.
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
6 hours ago, Colonel Twerkins said:

I'm glad, I actually came back to check the due date and was a bit shocked it was so early. This is a much more doable timeline.

JoshuaFetter

Our entry is being delayed because factory hasn't been putting us in to actually run it in the past few days. Were literally editing ours together right now. We had to do customs and it won't be nearly the quality of the factory runs..

Edited by JoshuaFetter

DEADLINE - One video creation story 

On Saturday i have been on Christmas markets in Vienna with my wife when this little challenge for players officially started.
I havent knonw about it until Griffen told me about it on Sunday. That was the time i finally got myself to the computer. 

Afternoon we were speakin' with other friends and we all were trying to decide if we will go in or not. They asked me if is it possible to make video in so short deadline term. 
I had to say, yea i had to :) "It will be hardwork to catch this Deadline but im in"  

Unfortunately was impossible meet all of us to get full squad during Sunday. Our teammates had to go to work and just 3 members have left. All our plans had to be moved to another day.

Monday 

We could make our first recording just in the evening. And again, luck wasn't on our side. First action started during daytime adn during second run our teamate Puppy been killed in action. 
Was too late to start another action. Early morning wake up to the work was our killer this time. We have to record it during Tuesday that was our goal.

Tuesday

And just happens, we have done two smart actions, second one was bit better have to say. Before i was goin to sleep i finished just video introduction part. I was goin to the bed at 1.00 nighttime and woke up at 6 o'clock in the morning.

Wednesday

I started to work on video just i arrived home  at 6 p.m. Dressed my favorite housecoat(robe) and started with introduction part timing then proceed to video edit works. 
First version was too long. 10 minutes 49 seconds not fullfilled challenge requirements.
Next version done and overall time was 9:59,38 
Finished with editing on 9:56. Uff... I got it. This part is ready.
Whole squad was deep sleeping when i finished. Enough for today, time to sleep for a while. 
Was impossible to wake up at 6 so gave myself next 25 minutes of sleeping time.

Thursday

Today the hardest edit work waiting for us. Griffen was workin on our communications translation, only retyping got few hours. First version have been done at 4:30 p.m., time when i came back to home from office.
Turned on my comp fast, dressed my housecoat and sat down to film editor workin process. Without Griffen's support was impossible to catch deadline, but he sacrificed himself for our team :)
Without dinner i started to work on it. I just forgot and havent been hungry or thirsty during workin process. In the evening i took some biscuit during i was still working have to say. 
Other teammates were workin on first version subtitles correction. Not all of subtitles have been changed but still was lot of work for all of them.

For your idea :

1554 words
11.000 symbols
20 pages in MSWord

After few next hours i got spasm to my fingers... havent stoped... we need to catch deadline... Last changes i finished at 23:00

The worst thing was that Sony Vegas crashed many times. Luckily i was saving after each little change. To start software, wating for loading progress that takes a time still.

I knew that deadline is behind the corner so without last final checking i started to render video. Finally done. Time? 23:35 .... Hurry up we need to upload video to my youtube channel. 23:37 work finished... Uff... What u said Griffen?

OMG have they really changed deadline? You jokin' bro... like you doin everytime don't you? 
No that was tough reality not a joke :/

Doesn't matter. I have to say just we got it all of us.

Extratime that developers gave us i will use for fine-tuning. To protect our work from imitating we will post this video again on the end of deadline. If developers wanna see it we can post it just for them of course :)

P.S.: Don't tell to my wife about deadline changes. I havent taken care of her whole the time O.o

Kohis

IMG_20170929_162539-2_2.jpg

• Like 2
STRETCHakaTYLER

Has anyone even sent in there videos yet I’ve tried looking for them because there supposed to be turned in to the form right? And I’m not to computer/internet savvy, my buddy helped build my pc rig for me about a month ago and been playing this game non stop and am on leave so I’m away an need content to get me through these tarkov withdraws I’m going through over here away from my beloved sexy pc an this game....

I hope we get some entries for this. I think the idea was to make a squad video with people using the ingame hand signs + voice commands and cut-out teamspeak voices and maybe some nice, tense music. Something that reassembles the cgi trailer we all were hyped about. I might be lucky and get some footage out of our daily customs raids hopefully with some squad on squad action in the dorms or so.

Would be nice to see this happening.