Smitty556

Rare loot and key farming help

Smitty556

So I'm decently new, haven't played too much only around 4 days worth. I'm really enjoying the games and know the map layouts of factory and customs and enjoy playing on these maps the most. So my question is what is some of the best ways to farm keys and rare items such as a keybar, doc bag, and weapons. I dont have a large gama container i just have a trashy alpha so if i could also get some info on how to get the epsilon container that would be great aswell. Thanks in advance!

Mr_Sheep

Get the marked key, and just run to the room with an axe, high level endurance will help

Smitty556
5 minutes ago, Mr_Sheep said:

Get the marked key, and just run to the room with an axe, high level endurance will help

any tips on a key farming method?

Jvisser501

scav pockets and backpacks as well as filing cabinets, safes and computer cases (they need the white drive bays, if they're all black they're un-lootable) are all good sources of rare items, with keys trending to pockets and filing cabinets. protip: you can open each drawer individually.
it took me six months to figure that out.

• Upvote 2

Sushi
5 hours ago, Jvisser501 said:

scav pockets and backpacks as well as filing cabinets, safes and computer cases (they need the white drive bays, if they're all black they're un-lootable) are all good sources of rare items, with keys trending to pockets and filing cabinets. protip: you can open each drawer individually.

This. Since a lot of Scavs have high-end keys in their pockets, it's a good idea to be proactive and kill Scavs early on, instead of just hatchet-running through the map for the marked room!

Deadmode

One way to assuredly kill any enjoyment in this game is to focus on farming items. How boring. Just play the game. These items will turn up in pockets, lockers, cabinets or the corpse of those you kill eventually.

Sure, you can play this game however you like, but farming is a stupid meta that people who WANT IT ALL NOW seem to adopt instead of playing the game as the developers intend, making progress and finding success through firefights and survival and having a fuller experience as a result.

• Thanks 1
  • Cold 1

02_

@Deadmode Everyone has their own preferences, no need to call them stupid for that. If they enjoy it more, then they should do it.

Personaly i turn it into a tressure hunt with players and AI being obstacles

• Upvote 2

raptorguy
9 hours ago, Jvisser501 said:

This is how I found my wallet and factory key. Always search for Scav's pockets and backpacks!

Just to clarify that on both cases it was a scavenger on the military checkpoint that comes after the gas-station. Might be somekind of a hotspot for these items?

Edited by iika

Djent_
9 hours ago, Jvisser501 said:

What kind of rare items spawn in computers? I thought it would only spawn computer parts and nothing else.

Deadmode

@Losy11 It's a fair point, but this is supposed to be a hardcore sim experience. I know the current state of the game and loot system facilitates farming, and people can play how they want, but I really hope that BSG are able to create a viable economy and more random loot system that practically abolishes loot farming runs entirely.

As someone who is trying to grind and escape Tarkov as intended, seeing countless hatchet and pistol-runners sprinting across Customs around me just ruins much of the immersion that BSG are going for, even if they are easy kills and XP. I personally feel that trying to encourage players to experience what EFT truly can offer would be better than encouraging loot farming.

Jvisser501
2 hours ago, THALL said:

What kind of rare items spawn in computers? I thought it would only spawn computer parts and nothing else.

computer parts are useful for various trades and are all fairly high-value-density, but you're right, they only spawn computer parts. 

• Thanks 1

cab00se

dead mode the thing is we try to farm these keys so that we can stand a chance and our best weapon isn't a pistol