Sign in to follow this  
JustFrost

Some thoughts on Sherpa. Feel free to comment on them

JustFrost

1) I wouldn't really call it an exploit, but theoretically a guy with loads of friends can root for him to be a Sherpa? I mean sure, some of those friends may have been gained through EFT via trading or grouping up etc. but it would seem that it could be something that would influence the Sherpa program

2) So, Sherpa is essentially the helpers of Escape from Tarkov. I mean I'd like to become one as well but as we can see from the forum posts, there's already loads of want-to-be Sherpas out there, how would someone like myself differentiate / stand out from that mesh of felsh

3) Extra munitions? I'm assuming extra items. This could be cool because it would help with visual identification? Say you gave a Sherpa a kiver but blue or something, this could denote team captain of a 5man squad which is cool.... BUT would encourage snipers and such to aim for him. After all, officers were never saluted at during ww2 as snipers were always around. Wonder how that system would work out and what benefits it would have

4) Betrayers? As much as I hate to say it, there is an element of backstabbing in EFT. Obviously it's a thing and it's allowed because it just makes sense that one would have the right to kill his partner should his partner have loot that he wanted etc. BUT wouldn't that discourage Sherpas? Say, a new player wants to gear up, he asks for the help of a sherpa and kills him and takes his loot and carries on? I'm just spitting out a possible problem that could arise from the system

5) Group leaders becoming Sherpas? I know the sherpa program is meant to be for veterans training rookies, but what about squad leaders in those experienced squads? They don't fit into Sherpa but hopefully there could be some system where A) It's easy to identify the squad leader, and B) The squad leader gets rewards for... well leading the squad well? I have a feeling this won't be a strong point, if anything it'll just gain hate, but it's just a thought I had

So yeah, some thoughts on the Sherpa program. Hopefully I can get these points addressed and discussed because I'd like to gain a deeper insight into how the community feels about it overall

May the Scav-N-G-sus be with you on your next raid

WaterMerchant

The whole "lets give a select few amount of players unlootable lethal (op) guns" seems really lame to me. 

Chamil

Honestly, sherpa or not, I'd still shoot on sight. 

Unless the sherpa has an obvious red/blue kind of camo thingie going on, I'd not trust it. 
I'm coming for you and your lucious looties, sherpies!

Questenberg

I don't think any player-class should have extra protections, regardless of their intentions. Sherpas should be treated no differently from tour guides; sure, they can get some extra gear to start out, but they can be killed and looted just like everyone else.  Tarkov shouldn't be switched over to having a more "gamey" feeling than it already has, and any bonus to Sherpas other than additional gear should not be there.  Without active policing by higher-ranking, dedicated members of the BattleState team, Sherpa can become a celebrity or otherwise abused system, and I'd say it's best that in that case, the only real bonus be a special nametag and a weapons & gear package to claim.

Sign in to follow this  

b38e7c858218a416ef714554dce933a2