Sign in to follow this  
calbroxup

What's happening to this game

calbroxup

So I've been playing for quite some time now and I feel as if when I first got the game as closed beta was released, it was a lot of fun. The hit-reg was great, yeah SCAVS were a little dumb and the PVP was awesome and everything felt really balanced and fair. But as of lately I cant help but feel like this game has just started to get some loose bolts. I know, it's in BETA stage and I understand it's still in development but something that's always picked at me is, how do you go from having something working, to having it just broken and distorted? My main frustration is the hit reg / armour system and how it works. I won't blab on about how many times I shot a guy, but I'm honestly finding my self putting a lot of rounds into a hatchet runner, lets say 14 - 22 rounds as an average with an AK74N, But all I hear is "augh" and then a lovely swoosh sound an I'm dead, despite me having fort / Kiver. I know what you're gonna say "It's just desync". But, to also counter my previous statement there have been times where I've had a Grach and one shotted a fully armoured player, compared to having an M4 and it taking 20 - 30 shots. 

Here are a few links to support my points, that sometimes the game decides to poo on you. ( They're all pretty short ) 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Fh7H8O7Zho

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAYRBh8a4NQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pKSKwiCuGjI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MMjGL3G8iC8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SgUZTS-QjI0

After a lot of trying a testing if figured out that Fort armour and PACA are the only two types of armour that actually stop bleeding only, they don't seem to stop damage actually being done to the limb, as in my stomach can still be blacked out by a 9mm or buckshot despite it being covered by what I assume is KEVLAR armour. Another thing, is that KIVER kills you instantly if it isn't fully repaired. I've tested this many times and if my Kiver is even 1% below the maximum repair state, if I'am to be shot in the head no matter the calibre I will die instantly, basically the KIVER looses all it's armour protective purpose after taking any sort of damage at all. I've done raids with, and without and I've always found that i survive and resist more shots without a KIVER than with. 

Grenades, are broken. I'm not just being salty here, grenades are generally broken and it's very bad. The amount of times I've been killed by a grenade that either I or my friend threw is uncountable, for instance. My partner and I were in upper offices on factory on single player side, there was another player on the opposite side of the corridor. My friend, threw an M67 grenade down the corridor, and yes it went down there and into the stairwell where we intended it to go, we then ran and hid on our stairs, well away from any blast radius, and we both died from the grenade even though the explosion was through 17 meters of concrete and rooms, how? how is that even a thing, this never used to be a thing and suddenly it's arose. 

Do excuse me if this is construed as whining or whinging but, at the end of the day we are BETA testers, and I feel it's my duty to report these issues, especially on a place where others can voice their perspectives. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

02_

i have noticed scavs detect you trough open door's

ComradeBurris
27 minutes ago, calbroxup said:

So I've been playing for quite some time now and I feel as if when I first got the game as closed beta was released, it was a lot of fun. The hit-reg was great, yeah SCAVS were a little dumb and the PVP was awesome and everything felt really balanced and fair. But as of lately I cant help but feel like this game has just started to get some loose bolts. I know, it's in BETA stage and I understand it's still in development but something that's always picked at me is, how do you go from having something working, to having it just broken and distorted? My main frustration is the hit reg / armour system and how it works. I won't blab on about how many times I shot a guy, but I'm honestly finding my self putting a lot of rounds into a hatchet runner, lets say 14 - 22 rounds as an average with an AK74N, But all I hear is "augh" and then a lovely swoosh sound an I'm dead, despite me having fort / Kiver. I know what you're gonna say "It's just desync". But, to also counter my previous statement there have been times where I've had a Grach and one shotted a fully armoured player, compared to having an M4 and it taking 20 - 30 shots. 

Here are a few links to support my points, that sometimes the game decides to poo on you. ( They're all pretty short ) 

After a lot of trying a testing if figured out that Fort armour and PACA are the only two types of armour that actually stop bleeding only, they don't seem to stop damage actually being done to the limb, as in my stomach can still be blacked out by a 9mm or buckshot despite it being covered by what I assume is KEVLAR armour. Another thing, is that KIVER kills you instantly if it isn't fully repaired. I've tested this many times and if my Kiver is even 1% below the maximum repair state, if I'am to be shot in the head no matter the calibre I will die instantly, basically the KIVER looses all it's armour protective purpose after taking any sort of damage at all. I've done raids with, and without and I've always found that i survive and resist more shots without a KIVER than with. 

Grenades, are broken. I'm not just being salty here, grenades are generally broken and it's very bad. The amount of times I've been killed by a grenade that either I or my friend threw is uncountable, for instance. My partner and I were in upper offices on factory on single player side, there was another player on the opposite side of the corridor. My friend, threw an M67 grenade down the corridor, and yes it went down there and into the stairwell where we intended it to go, we then ran and hid on our stairs, well away from any blast radius, and we both died from the grenade even though the explosion was through 17 meters of concrete and rooms, how? how is that even a thing, this never used to be a thing and suddenly it's arose. 

Do excuse me if this is construed as whining or whinging but, at the end of the day we are BETA testers, and I feel it's my duty to report these issues, especially on a place where others can voice their perspectives. 

Instead of writing paragraphs why don't you send logs? Or show videos of bugs and glitches that's what a tester does. To be honest with you everyday people make threads about issues and start whining they all get locked so your wasting your time and breath.

• Like 2

Asterix909

Did you watch your own videos? Like for real? Or did you accidentally link the wrong ones. I am looking for the videos that support your points. Remember, just because your gun shot 14-20 rounds it does not mean you hit with 14 to 20 rounds. 

Actually watch your videos again. Watch each shot individually, watch where your gun or sights are pointed at the time of each individual shot. Watch each individual shot's bullet impact. You miss *a lot*. That is not meant to be an insult, the recoil on those guns are all over the place and that is not your fault.

First video: He looked armored. You only hit him 3 maybe 4 times (I can't tell for sure on the possible 4th), and it looks like you traded, I can't be certain, but it looks like it.

Second video: ...? so. You got killed. It happens.

Third video: You killed the first guy just fine, then proceeded to miss the runner completely with the exception of the last shot which might have hit (I don't see the impact or the character shudder/blood, but it looked on target). When you encounter him at the doorway you hit him once, then miss a lot, then hit him two (maybe three) more times in the arms at the end. I have no doubt he got messed up and you blackened his arms but thats about it.

Fourth video: You hit with the first shot then missed a bunch. Then hit one more shot. That guy moves away. A new guy comes which I think you did hit once but he killed you with multiple hits.

Fifth video: This one is bad and games fault, yes. Classic desync. Looks bad, but everything worked out fine. Yes, it cost you ammo, but thats it as the guy was dead almost immediately, it just took  bit for the game to recognize it and let you know.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

calbroxup
36 minutes ago, MaejorRaskoln said:

Instead of writing paragraphs why don't you send logs? Or show videos of bugs and glitches that's what a tester does. To be honest with you everyday people make threads about issues and start whining they all get locked so your wasting your time and breath.

I'll copy logs that state my opinion.. sure? I'm writing paragraphs to explain the things I've noticed throughout playing the game.

calbroxup

I legit said I'm not whining and that I'm just stating that these are some bugs that I've come across. Like chill, why the negativity. You whining about me supposedly "whining" like da heck dude get some Christmas spirit jingle bells

Asterix909
11 minutes ago, calbroxup said:

I legit said I'm not whining and that I'm just stating that these are some bugs that I've come across. Like chill, why the negativity. You whining about me supposedly "whining" like da fuk dude get some Christmas spirit jingle bells

But you are whining. Your own videos do not even support your words. You died a bunch of times and are whining about it. Period.
Instead of whining, watch your videos, watch how you actually are just missing a lot. Try to learn from it. Try to recognize that you tend to miss moving targets to their rear, try tracking faster to keep up with them. Try to recognize that only your first shot tends to hit at medium range then you go all over the place; learn form it and try firing in semi or using much shorter bursts.

You can say "I am not whining" all you want but in the end you are literally whining and trying to make up excuses for your deaths - excuses your own videos do not support. Your videos show zero bugs. You just miss a lot. Only the last video shows a legit issue, but it is simply a desync issue that ultimately had no bearing on the result of the situation (aside from you being forced to waste ammo, which is a problem, yes).

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

zpwarrior
2 hours ago, calbroxup said:

First video-Looks like a guy with an mp5 shooting straight into a fort armor.

Second video-Looks one of those random scavs that aimbot occasionally.

third video-dude cannot aim

fourth video-cant control his recoil

fifth video- is just a clear example of dysnc

The kiver isnt going to stop much and yes the grenades are a bit buggy. However the grenades arent nearly as bad as they were in the past, but they arent in a straight up terrible place. I still have only died to a hatchling while fully geared maybe once or twice at the most. I've played for quite some time, also leaving and coming back depending on a patch. To me the last four or so patches has done nothing but continued to improve the game. I remember when the scavs were stupid and had aimbot, while we were stuck on night maps only with factory being the only one with ai.

Edited by zpwarrior
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

Gr8WhiteBuffalo

sometimes the game decides to poo on you

Ohhhhh how right you are... :D 

My friend, threw an M67 grenade down the corridor, and yes it went down there and into the stairwell where we intended it to go, we then ran and hid on our stairs, well away from any blast radius, and we both died from the grenade even though the explosion was through 17 meters of concrete and rooms, how?

The walls of that section of Factory are most definitely bugged right now. Ive seen vids of Scavs shooting through 4 walls killing groups at a time.

Like you said, beta. The Tarkov Divines giveth; the Tarkov Divines taketh away. ;) 

MugsPH
12 hours ago, Gr8WhiteBuffalo said:

Like you said, beta. The Tarkov Divines giveth; the Tarkov Divines taketh away. ;) 

Loving that line. LOL

Gr8WhiteBuffalo
2 minutes ago, MugsPH said:

Loving that line. LOL

Yeah, really its more like alpha stage, from what I gather.

Its just funny all the people who complain(not necessarily OP, but there are plenty) that this game is broken, when they wave a bright sign in your face from the very start that says, "This game is in a testing phase. It does not represent the final quality of the game."

Dont know why so many seem to forget this... and get upset when you remind them... so silly. 

I dont understand what you want to hear... you do realize that this is a relatively small group of people, with a relatively small budget. Things will take time. The game teaches great lessons for real life. Like, "Patience is a virtue" and "Dont bother hoarding your poo, you just gonna die anyways." xD 

Seriously though. :bewhink: We are still fairly early in the development process. You must expect teething pains. You came in for the long haul, and still expect some Cheeze at the 100 mile marker... sure weve come a long way, but its a journey of a 1000 miles, it starts with one step. :) 

MugsPH
32 minutes ago, Gr8WhiteBuffalo said:

Yeah, really its more like alpha stage, from what I gather.

Its just funny all the people who complain(not necessarily OP, but there are plenty) that this game is broken, when they wave a bright sign in your face from the very start that says, "This game is in a testing phase. It does not represent the final quality of the game."

Dont know why so many seem to forget this... and get upset when you remind them... so silly. 

I dont understand what you want to hear... you do realize that this is a relatively small group of people, with a relatively small budget. Things will take time. The game teaches great lessons for real life. Like, "Patience is a virtue" and "Dont bother hoarding your poo, you just gonna die anyways." xD 

Seriously though. :bewhink: We are still fairly early in the development process. You must expect teething pains. You came in for the long haul, and still expect some Cheeze at the 100 mile marker... sure weve come a long way, but its a journey of a 1000 miles, it starts with one step. :) 

Exactly this! Couldn't have said it any better.
Want to get this game polished? Just follow Rocky Balboa's fight motto "one step a time, one punch at a time, one round at a time"

Gr8WhiteBuffalo
2 minutes ago, MugsPH said:

Exactly this! Couldn't have said it any better.
Want to get this game polished? Just follow Rocky Balboa's fight motto "one step a time, one punch at a time, one round at a time"

Yes, sir. :) 

Slowly but surely, we'z a gettin there.