Please make SOLO servers ! !

BigDan818

Can you guys PLEASE make SOLO servers for solo players and SQUAD servers for SQUAD players just like Player Unknown Battlegrounds. It ruins the experience for solo players when they keep getting group ganged by a whole squad. Its the main reason why I dont play as much. Please please make a SOLO ONLY server. You'll bring fair play to the community.

• Like 2
  • Sad 4
  • Upvote 1

I agree, i have seen many people talk about it, yet here is another, i too would like to see an option or straight up mechanic that matches squads with squads (if possible) and solo players with each other

• Like 2

P.S. For the love of Pete, please play in teams. That's how it is designed to be played. You are going to have a hard time going solo, in release, when it will take a minimum of 80-100 hours to complete all 10 raids with a team.

As said by @Colonel Twerkins in 

This game is meant to be played with a team or be borderline impossible solo.

Find a team, two heads is better than one - this ain't some fancy American movie wannabe where you can 1v100.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 2

1 minute ago, mrnewbie3127 said:

i will take a wild guess and say u run with a 5 man squad which is over 1/2 the players on any map, 

No - 5 man squad is boring.

I run solo and max 2 - RARELY 3 man. Though i love to encounter 5 man squads. More loot that way and easier to predict enemies. 

Edited by sYs
  • Like 2

Just now, mrnewbie3127 said:

i will take a wild guess and say u run with a 5 man squad which is over 1/2 the players on any map, 

there are a lot of solo players out there , if the devs want to draw in players for their game, it is something they should maybe consider in the future .

1 minute ago, mrnewbie3127 said:

Why do solo players buy the game if it is not intended for solo players? :P You can do it solo but it will be harder. 

It's  like you buy a sport car but than you ask the maker to modify it for 4x4 offroad dirt :D

Edited by sYs

Just now, bathtubbandit said:

Take grenades....gotta learn how to stalk and wait for the right moment and pick ur battles....I run only solo and do fine....

i do ok as solo , but if the devs want to really make this game more mainstream after release , they should maybe take a look at solo matchmaking to gain a larger audience ,

p.s yes we all know the game is easy with squad,  but if this game is only about squads there wouldnt be any solo play  , there would be be matchmaking for random squads ..

to deny solo play is to lose potential revenue stream . 

Tarkov is what it is... there should be no separate servers imo. I know plenty of 'lone wolves' that take on groups all the time, it can be used as an advantage if you play it right, other than that, find a buddy or two, or join a group to party up. In the end we are all going to be on the same servers, grouped or alone...

14 minutes ago, mrnewbie3127 said:

i do ok as solo , but if the devs want to really make this game more mainstream after release , they should maybe take a look at solo matchmaking to gain a larger audience ,

No this game is focused on harcore gameplay, and separating people by if they play solo or squad, game is going to be focusing on people who enjoy hardcore milsim style gameplay and not the mainstream PUBG players.

15 minutes ago, mrnewbie3127 said:

p.s yes we all know the game is easy with squad,  but if this game is only about squads there wouldnt be any solo play  , there would be be matchmaking for random squads ..

You need to predict how the game is going to be when released, the reason there is solo right now is because you will be able to squad up ingame with other player using VOIP or something, but they still wanna leave option for people to go into raid solo even if it will be extremely hard later on.

• Thanks 1

Life isn't fair mate.. and Tarkov is unforgiving.. I dont agree that Squad v Squad or Solo v Solo is necessarily fair either, considering the range of weapons/attachments and equipment as well as player skill levels...Not to mention the random element of Scavs getting involved... I have killed squads solo, I have had my squads ass handed to me by a solo players... it is all relative, and all is fair in love and war as they say. For now, you can play offline mode if that's your pace, get to know the maps better etc and not have to worry about others, when you feel more confident in your skills and knowledge then apply that in-game... but ya in the end when its all one large world, being alone will be very hard... find some mates before then.

Edited by k0zmik

This game 10000% needs to have solo servers SEPARATE from SQUAD servers.....ONLY bully type players like to be in servers where a squad of 4 can run and chase a solo player kill him and take his loot.....Like bully play.....Some people just want to be in there OWN world and solo play the game and not want to keep talking to others online. Yes its better to be played multiplayer but sometimes people want to play solo

8 minutes ago, BigDan818 said:

This game 10000% needs to have solo servers SEPARATE from SQUAD servers.....ONLY bully type players like to be in servers where a squad of 4 can run and chase a solo player kill him and take his loot.....Like bully play.....Some people just want to be in there OWN world and solo play the game and not want to keep talking to others online. Yes its better to be played multiplayer but sometimes people want to play solo

You need to predict how the game is going to be when released, the reason there is solo right now is because you will be able to squad up ingame with other player using VOIP or something, but they still wanna leave option for people to go into raid solo even if it will be extremely hard later on.

and that is why there is no need for SOLO servers or anything like that, you can play solo if you want play slow and do your own stuff but there will be no SOLO servers.

Edited by Timo-chi
  • Thanks 1

Just now, BigDan818 said:

That's why this game is being advertised as not for everyone. If you want to play it solo go ahead and do it, but it's not gonna be easy. Here you won't find playerbase to be divided between solo and squad, they play together and take appropriate risk and reward to how they've prepared for the raid. 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, BigDan818 said:

Can you guys PLEASE make SOLO servers for solo players and SQUAD servers for SQUAD players just like Player Unknown Battlegrounds.

Why don't you just go play PUBG? Tarkov lets people group and solo together and makes it harder to know what's coming at you, which I think is great and I would hate to see change. Same with the gear, if I choose to just run around with only a TT and take on 2 guys with M4s, that's my choice to fight with a big disadvantage, shouldn't be forced to play just one way. Life isn't fair, and this game should reflect that.

• Like 1

It is said Tarkov will evolve punishments for killing same faction - Scav, BEAR, USEC. So in the future, you'll have at least false feeling about being safe, being in the team.

That would take away a lot of what tarkov is about... id say put a cap on the size of group you can enter certain maps... like factory 2, customs 3, shoreline and woods 4-5 idk.. but making solo only servers would be boring

I mean it's not really stated anywhere obvious that the game is meant for groups, most of the promotional trailers were of a single player looting and doing things within tarkov, just because we see groups in a trailer or two, I didn't think it would be what the devs had in mind as "the" way to play.

I bought this game and not Dayz because I wanted some kind of system to fall back on with loot instead of getting killed and having to start fresh every time, as dayz is a game that is barely enjoyable unless you have a group. However some of us don't have groups and don't want to group with randos, and that's why it kind of ruins tarkov for some solo players - me included. I haven't had too many bad experiences with groups but at the same time it just defeats the purpose of the game when you know there's no point in engaging a maxed out group of full time EFT players.

I would actually like having separate servers, but I know the devs would never do this as it's not what they made the game for, possibly if they do end up making more gamemodes in the future, grouping up will happen automatically in objective based modes, and it will actually be fun for those who are usually solo, but honestly I have no idea what is planned for the game currently as the devs don't say much.

• Like 1