Unlisted Changes to Bullets In Latest Updates?

I got genuinely interested lately as to what is happening in the latest updates, and I was hoping anyone who knows more than me, could inform me about it.

After the second latest patch/update, there were several ammunition types for AK74N and M4A1 which got into the game I think, and than with the latest optimization update, they've gone without a patch note. These were:

• 5.56x45 M995 for M4A1

• 5.45x39 PB & BS for AK74N

Maybe there were more types which I did not notice because of how frequently I bought these in the past few days. So I just want to know, do these ammunition types come and go maybe because of a bug, or are they being worked on at the moment and will be back, or they gone permanently? Probably there are also ammo types which just came in with the latest updates.

Anyway, I appreciate any responses in this topic.

zpwarrior

They used to be a limited item that would sell out quickly after trader resets. For some reason they were always in stock since that small update, which I'm guessing was unintended and they reverted the change. So if you want them, you gotta be quick on trader reset.

• Upvote 1

Being quick isn't an option. I've set an alarm to be at the traders 5 min prior to reset and they're all gone instantly. I was lucky enough to get some AK BS and BP ammo but m995 is being bought out before anyone even sees it. Someone in my chat said that there's a "trader script" that people use to buy instantly... not sure how accurate that is but it sucks for the players that cannot get any armor piercing ammo. Try going against fort with other types of ammo. The 5.56 HP rounds do the most damage to Class II armor @ 23 damage... M995 does 2.5 times that and almost 2 times(using M855A1 ballistic model) as much to fort. 

nachtmaere
1 minute ago, Scaramanga-fr said:

Limited amo system is lame. I just don't see the point

Weird timing replying to this 16 hours after last response but hey, you do you ;3

I completely agree either way, i am just not a fan of the whole thing tbh but it's one of those aspects of the game you kinda just gotta accept ;3

captinjoehenry

Honestly I would not mind it if quick players could get them but it really does seem like they are all bought up instantly by macros or scripts or something.  It is definitely a bad system if you effectively need to cheat to even have a chance of getting any rounds.

DanExert
3 hours ago, captinjoehenry said:

Honestly I would not mind it if quick players could get them but it really does seem like they are all bought up instantly by macros or scripts or something.  It is definitely a bad system if you effectively need to cheat to even have a chance of getting any rounds.

True, it is BS. How are we meant to test certain ammo types if we can't even get hold of them?

TanithScout

PS ammo from Prapor for 5.45 and M855A1 from Peacekeeper for 5.56 are always available and offer great armour penetration on Kiver's and Fort. I have personally killed armoured  PMC targets while I was levelling with BOTH of these calibers. There is a difference of 2-5 shots depending on the gun.

However, the rarer ammos will shred more amour with a higher penetration chance and on paper look a vast improvement, but in game terms the higher tier ammo will work only if given a chance to by the operator.

What I am saying here, with proof at least to myself is that they still require aim and a good amount of shots on target. It won't matter if you can position yourself to get the drop on your target because with any sort of armor piercing ammo, you will drop them without them having a chance to react.

The M4 is exceptional here because of it's rate of fire, the basic AP ammo will still shred Fort if given the chance.

EDIT

Also, I'm a totally legit player and I have one weapon case full of M4 M995 armour percing ammo, and another weapon case of AKN armour piercing rounds. There's no problem getting the ammo if you're ready.

Sorry for laying 2 smackdowns but theyre both true.

Edited by TanithScout