BigDan818

KEEP looted gains in OFFLINE mode plz

Hi there, I was wondering if the full game will allow us to play OFFLINE and keep the LOOT we gain.....Even if its low lever guns and gear. Not that valuable. And maybe they can throw in 2 times or 3 times more SCAV ENEMIES so we feel like the loot is more earnable.....

• Hot 1
  • Sad 6

Offline mode is going to be removed upon release, it's only there for testing, and loot won't get saved as it would make getting rare loot too easy.

Edited by THALL

Rare loot lol ,iv never seen anything else than vepr ,saiga and short AKs in offline mode..thats very epic  loot ,also getting it out alive with terminator scavs everywhere(get hit = bleeding) is epic...

Once you get high-end gear  you'll see  it's easy to deal with scavs, and from that point it's so easy to get money in offline mode killing scavs getting their loot and bailing

Nope.

Currently 'Escape From Tarkov' is the easiest it's ever been, the fact that you can go into a raid with nothing but a makarov and come out with weapons like vepr's, saiga's and sks's, along with some armor.

Here's a tip, go in with a makarov, second you kill a bot put the makarov in your secure container and you're laughing, or don't, makarov's are hardly expensive.

Edit: When you could get loot offline, the game was broken because people would go offline, extract with 5-6 MP153's and stockpile M4's, you don't want that again. 

Edited by headbanger203

While I agree that players should not gain experience or gear from playing offline mode, I think removing it from the release would be a big mistake. Offline mode is of great value both to new players who need to learn the maps and mechanics as well as experienced escapers who want to try out new gear or experiment with the effectiveness of weapon mods and ammo types without risking the associated gear.

I would strongly encourage the developers to keep offline mode exactly the way it is and not remove it.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

vor 5 Minuten schrieb Dissonance:

While I agree that players should not gain experience or gear from playing offline mode, I think removing it from the release would be a big mistake. Offline mode is of great value both to new players who need to learn the maps and mechanics as well as experienced escapers who want to try out new gear or experiment with the effectiveness of weapon mods and ammo types without risking the associated gear.

I would strongly encourage the developers to keep offline mode exactly the way it is and not remove it.

There is no need to keep it, as you will have the opportunity to test your weapons (etc) at a shooting range, in the upcoming hideout. As for learning the maps: just play the game.

Edited by PardTheTroll

16 minutes ago, PardTheTroll said:

There is no need to keep it, as you will have the opportunity to test your weapons (etc) at a shooting range, located in your hideout.

A shooting range is NOT the same as using a weapon in a raid, unless the targets are moving scavs firing back and take damage exactly the same way as they do in an online raid then sorry no, a shooting range is not an adequate replacement for offline mode.

A shooting range also only covers a small part of the benefits of offline mode. Expecting new players to learn spawns, loot drops and extract locations by playing (and repeatedly dying) in online raids is ridiculous.

A shooting range is not going to adequately prepare a new player for their first raid, nor is it a substitute for those of us who like to test our loadouts (all our gear not just the guns) before running them.

Edited by Dissonance
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Dissonance said:

A shooting range is NOT the same as using a weapon in a raid, unless the targets are moving scavs firing back and take damage exactly the same way as they do in an online raid then sorry no, a shooting range is not an adequate replacement for offline mode.

A shooting range also only covers a small part of the benefits of offline mode. Expecting new players to learn spawns, loot drops and extract locations by playing (and repeatedly dying) in online raids is ridiculous.

A shooting range is not going to adequately prepare a new player for their first raid, nor is it a substitute for those of us who like to test our loadouts (all our gear not just the guns) before running them.

Very much this.  I really like offline mode for the simple fact that it allows me to test builds without risking losing my gear.  I agree you shouldn't get anything out of it but it is a much needed feature for the game as it allows new players to explore the map and figure out what they are doing before being thrown into the meat grinder of online games. 

40 minutes ago, Dissonance said:

When I started gaming in the mid 80's, and FPS games in the start of the 90's, all you ever got was a manual telling you basic controls, some enemy types and troubleshooting. You learnt the rest by playing. You died, learnt from your mistake and tried again, each time progressing further and further. When I first played Mario, the game didn't tell me I killed Goombas by jumping on their heads, only after running into them and dying a few times and then actually mistiming a jump over one and landing on its head, did I figure that mechanic out. The game didn't hold your hand or dumb-down anything whilst you grasped the game. You had to figure it all out as you played.

Hardcore games like EFT are the same. A calling back to the days when players didn't feel entitled to have all the best content immediately and be able to go toe-to-toe with the seasoned players on their first connection to a multiplayer server. Your success in game was directly related to your time, experience, knowledge and improvement in skill. I'm afraid you have to play and learn the game as you go, just like we all had to, and your rewards will come in time too.

So yes, expecting players to learn spawns, loot drops and extract locations by repeatedly dying in online raids is not ridiculous at all and is exactly how it should be.

I will say though, that we are playing test builds and many of the mechanics are placeholders, such as spawns and extractions, so these will be different in the full release and may be easier to understand or find. However, if you really need some help, then the community is great and you also have an advantage over us gamers from the 90's whereby videos and articles on the maps, locations, extractions, tips and tricks are all readily available on the internet, should you need it, provided by the community. 

To address your point about the hideout; IRL if you want to test out a weapon before using it in a theatre of operations, you train at a range on a variety of targets in a variety of scenarios and drills. It is a far cry from a real firefight but that's what you have. You can't go out and shoot people to get experience and familiarity and then reset the world and do it for real. It's gonna be the same here. You get a gun, practice and get familiar in the best place you can - your shooting range, and then take it out in raids and master that weapon from field use. Your skill with that weapon will come from drills in that range and your expertise with it in the field will come from combat experience. I also play Squad, that only has a firing range and a CQB course offline. Don't see many players complaining about that there. 

This game has always been advertised as an online experience so if you bought it hoping for offline modes, you made a mistake.

• Like 2

This has been been answered so many times.

The offline mode is only staying till beta, then it will be removed. Game is meant to be online only.

Please use search next time.

1. If an issue is being raised "so many times" it is probably wise for the developers to take note of it.

2. This is a game, not real life, making false comparisons like "well in real life to test a gun I would..." is missing this point. The purpose of a video game is to provide entertainment, not slavishly mirror reality at all costs.

If large numbers of new players have a negative experience and are put off due to an excessively steep learning curve then the game's reputation will suffer. I do not want this to happen, which is why I voiced my opinion that it not be made worse by removing a useful feature without replacing it with an equivalent solution (I do not consider a shooting range to be equivalent).

• Sad 1

If plenty of people who try the game want the game to be changed beyond the scope of what the developers want, then the dilemma is then to either appeal to the masses, or stay true to the vision of the game/developers.

I know which one i want.

I know which one I'd choose if it were my game.

Enter stage left: Elite-Dangerous (yuck).

the game allows for players to be offline and influence the background sim in terms of political rep etc...

you cal also grind up offline with relatively low risk, then come in online and have the best bang-spanking ship there is armed to the teeth.

Sure enough, these softies will be well armed but also have poor experience fighting a real pilot. But the point stands.

Edited by qS_Sachiel
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, BigDan818 said:

Hi there, I was wondering if the full game will allow us to play OFFLINE and keep the LOOT we gain.....Even if its low lever guns and gear. Not that valuable. And maybe they can throw in 2 times or 3 times more SCAV ENEMIES so we feel like the loot is more earnable.....

Offline mode is for testing only, and will be removed before full release of game. Low lvl weapons are obtained by playing as a SCAV and escaping.

9 hours ago, BigDan818 said:

what the facking point if u can gain stuffs in offline to play Tarkov? Go back to COD u amateur! 

• Sad 1

Not exactly on topic, but related: I was thinking the other day that offline mode was actually quite fun because it's a sort of 'single player' raid - no squads (yay!). I was thinking how cool it would be if you could have a dedicated offline-only character to level with it's own offline-only stash, or maybe just randomized gear - sort of a persistent Scav character for use only in offline. Add a bunch more AI and viola, instant single-player, offline mode! 

I realize there are no plans for such a thing but, hey, maybe _someday_? ;)

3 hours ago, Dissonance said:

1. If an issue is being raised "so many times" it is probably wise for the developers to take note of it.

2. This is a game, not real life, making false comparisons like "well in real life to test a gun I would..." is missing this point. The purpose of a video game is to provide entertainment, not slavishly mirror reality at all costs.

If large numbers of new players have a negative experience and are put off due to an excessively steep learning curve then the game's reputation will suffer. I do not want this to happen, which is why I voiced my opinion that it not be made worse by removing a useful feature without replacing it with an equivalent solution (I do not consider a shooting range to be equivalent).

1. It is being raised by players who want this game to be something other than the developers intend it to be. People who understand the vision and know what they have pre-ordered and supported have never asked for offline mode.

2. I didn't miss the point at all. I'm afraid it is you that has totally missed the point of what this game was advertised as being and what implications that has in regards to its systems and mechanics. Agreed, it is a game. But it's not as black and white as that. It is a game that is supposed to be a realistic simulation, ergo, unrealistic mechanics largely have no place in the game. You cannot just say that because it is a game it cannot aspire to be as realistic as possible. You would never say that to anyone who plays racing sims or flight sims. Why can we not have the same approach in an FPS game? 

This is BSG's creation. It's their work. It's not a game made to the desires of our gaming palettes. It's what they want to make and we have chosen to be the end consumer. We are not the designers. If you do not like what they have and will create, then that's your problem and you should either try and appreciate what EFT is, or play something with a more casual approach or mechanics you prefer.

2 hours ago, packetbuddha said:

Not exactly on topic, but related: I was thinking the other day that offline mode was actually quite fun because it's a sort of 'single player' raid - no squads (yay!). I was thinking how cool it would be if you could have a dedicated offline-only character to level with it's own offline-only stash, or maybe just randomized gear - sort of a persistent Scav character for use only in offline. Add a bunch more AI and viola, instant single-player, offline mode! 

I realize there are no plans for such a thing but, hey, maybe _someday_? ;)

No.

Why can't people just accept that they pre-ordered an online-only game?

1 hour ago, Deadmode said:

1. It is being raised by players who want this game to be something other than the developers intend it to be. People who understand the vision and know what they have pre-ordered and supported have never asked for offline mode.

2. I didn't miss the point at all. I'm afraid it is you that has totally missed the point of what this game was advertised as being and what implications that has in regards to its systems and mechanics. Agreed, it is a game. But it's not as black and white as that. It is a game that is supposed to be a realistic simulation, ergo, unrealistic mechanics largely have no place in the game. You cannot just say that because it is a game it cannot aspire to be as realistic as possible. You would never say that to anyone who plays racing sims or flight sims. Why can we not have the same approach in an FPS game? 

This is BSG's creation. It's their work. It's not a game made to the desires of our gaming palettes. It's what they want to make and we have chosen to be the end consumer. We are not the designers. If you do not like what they have and will create, then that's your problem and you should either try and appreciate what EFT is, or play something with a more casual approach or mechanics you prefer.

No.

Where did I say I didn't like the game or wished it to be dumbed down in any way? I have at no point asked for any unrealistic mechanics and I am definitely against any form of offline progression, I have no issue with the existing game mechanics either. I merely voiced the opinion that I (and I think a lot of other people) would sincerely miss offline mode if it were removed entirely, since like it or not it does serve a purpose.

The game right now, is essentially online only, I have no issues with that whatsoever and I knew what I was buying, on the other hand I also really like the offline mode as is and hope the developers choose to keep it as close to its current form as possible going forwards.

1 hour ago, Deadmode said:

No.

While i agree with your opinion due to my tastes,  I can also see how this game turns people away from my own experience. I had a few friends buy this game and they all quit after hours or even after first death. It's that bad for them.

We even admit ourselves it's hardcore.

Do we want BSG to survive? I do. What if this softcore playerbase is enormous? I mean...we know it is. COD, Battlefield, i can go on and on. These are softcore games and they're enormous.

What if the way we play now cannot simply just be a hardcore mode and the devs can just host some competitions hardcore only. It's really just mind games to make us feel like we were the focus all along and we're playing the real game :)

Just a thought.

This game was always supposed to be niche though. Try and appeal to too many tastes and you never really have a game that is great at anything, or is individual in any sense. 

There are plenty of casual shooters out there, anyone wanting a casual experience can go and play those. Let us guys have our more hardcore experience.

1 hour ago, Dissonance said:

since like it or not it does serve a purpose.

Yes it does. Testing. As part of the core EFT experience, it adds nothing. Once the hideout is implemented I see no reason for it whatsover.

10 minutes ago, Deadmode said:

Yes it does. Testing. As part of the core EFT experience, it adds nothing. Once the hideout is implemented I see no reason for it whatsover.

Getting loot in offline mode would allow a lot of people to do more of that testing. they could earn their money in offline to buy more expensive accessories.

6 hours ago, qS_Sachiel said:

If plenty of people who try the game want the game to be changed beyond the scope of what the developers want, then the dilemma is then to either appeal to the masses, or stay true to the vision of the game/developers.

I know which one i want.

I know which one I'd choose if it were my game.

Enter stage left: Elite-Dangerous (yuck).

the game allows for players to be offline and influence the background sim in terms of political rep etc...

you cal also grind up offline with relatively low risk, then come in online and have the best bang-spanking ship there is armed to the teeth.

Sure enough, these softies will be well armed but also have poor experience fighting a real pilot. But the point stands.

well, one save for online mode and one other save for offline mode duh.

on a serious note the choice is up to the devellopers, but somehow i feel like i'm gonna do LOADS of knife run and hide from everything until there's nothing but corpses to loot, after all "One man's trash is an other man's treasure" as they said.