Sign in to follow this  
DrakeVanders

What are the .366 Greska rounds?

DrakeVanders

While rare I keep picking up these rounds called .366 TKM Greska and have no idea what they are. I sometimes buy a few from fence but they seem to be so rare I dare not use them until I get a sizeable supply.

I understand that the FMJ are general purpose and EKO while weak are somewhat better for longer distance due to the higher muzzle velocity, but I'm just wondering what these rounds are? Can't seem to find any reference to them on google to their real world variant and the description doesn't give me much in return.

Additionally could we expect to see an SKS variant in .366 TKM at some point as well? Loving all these civilian guns!

Targmeir

lol i have 6 of em i was wondering the same 

Geksa.png

DrakeVanders
4 hours ago, Arbiter1337 said:

Correction its a hunting bullet that has been discontinued.

http://techcrim.ru/?page_id=7470

and all .366 can be found here

http://techcrim.ru/?page_id=8514

So from what I gather from the image on that link, it's a discontinued expanding round with a soft point tip and a hexagonal cavity. So I'm guessing these rounds are super rare because they do hell of lot of damage to unarmored targets?

Since these are so rare I'm guessing they must kill in one shot or something right?

KhandE

.366 TKM is basically a cartridge specifically designed to get around Russian gun laws for civilians.

See, to own a rifle in Russia, you have to own a shotgun for 5 years without any misconduct, the .366 TKM was specifically designed to work around this by basically making a round that's essentially a necked out 7.62x39mm that has only the very back of the barrel (about 135mm of the bore) rifled, this is legally considered a choke and since the rest of the barrel is smoothbore, by Russian law the round and guns chambered for it to proper spec are classified as shotguns and exempt from the 5 year waiting period.

So, they fire basically minature Brenekke slugs in a sense and other things like plastic caps filled with birdshot similar to a ratshot load.

However, things designed as clever ways to get around laws rarely work as well as something that can be purpose built for a task without such restrictions, I haven't had a chance to fire a .366 TKM chambered "rifle" yet, but accuracy is reportedly about as good as your typical legal workaround round, which is to say, not very fantastic. (heard mixed reports of being accurate out to about 100m-200m tops depending on the rifle quality and loading.)

The company also made a scaled up version of this concept based on the longer 7.62x54mmR cartridge known as the 9.6x53mm Lancaster, haven't heard much about that yet though.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 3

DARK3063

It's the most overpowered round in the entire game don't let people discourage you because can be a bit weird to play. It shreads armor almost as fast as the ignol round for the ak's, and you can hit people from accross the map with it. If you like to use the saiga 12 on factory you'll be getting a small drop in close quarters dps for unlimited range. I recommend mixing your mags with 366tkm because that will get through lvl 3 armor, and most face shield in the game people use are lvl 3. The ammo is one of the cheapest rounds to buy in the whole game so you save a tone of money. Plus with the gun being so ducking loud, that jackass that has his speakers cranked up beyond a 100% trying to hear your footsteps without head phones on can't hear poo while your firing it, making it very easy for your buddies to get the drop on them. There is a 74 round drum I like to slap on the thing.

366tkm best gun.

2019-10-11[00-07] (0).png