karch

How to survive Shoreline?

In Shoreline, every recent raid I've joined (around 40 or 50) have ended with a heavily geared player (or group of players) spotting me from incredibly far away and never having a chance to even get rounds on them. Other than going in with 200k roubles worth of gear every match (and losing it 4 times out of every 5), I can't come up with a way to complete The Punisher task (kill 20 scavs on shoreline). Everything I've come up with to try to make it all the way to extraction has failed, I can't even "run through" this one. I'm sure plenty of you have more experience than I do there, so I'd love to hear from some of you. I think it would be my favorite map if it were played by the same people who seem to frequent Customs and Woods ... but that's certainly not the case right now. All I'm really looking for is to finish this task and go back to forgetting Shoreline ever existed.

You will not forget it so easily. You will have to kill 40 more scavs and 20 PMCs on this map. And on the topic of the question. Study the map, learn the main places, look for good viewpoints from where you can control a significant area. do not rush. Look around. Try to stay away from large open spaces. It's pretty simple.

• Thanks 1

I'll be the first to admit that I don't know the map nearly as well as the others. I've spent some time in single-player trying to familiarize myself with the vulnerable positions, and the good overwatch positions ... but I'm pretty sure that I don't know where the standard 'routes' through map are. It definitely doesn't 'flow' as consistently as the other maps do, so maybe I'm just getting frustrated by that.

• Like 1

Definitely stay away from these groups unless you have the jump on them. This game is poorly balanced right now.

Also:

Edited by Electromech

4 минуты назад, Electromech сказал:

Definitely stay away from these groups unless you have the jump on them. This game is poorly balanced right now.

Also:

3 vs1 is quite unbalanced in real life. Guess which way?

I'm trying to avoid ALL players right now. Moving slowly and cautiously doesn't appear to be working either. 5 more raids in, I've made it out of spawn, crept a few bushes or trees away, and have been headshotted from some far-away hill by some player I never saw.

The only (partial) success I've had was getting lucky enough to have a Northern spawn and rushing the bunker to mow down a few scavs before being shot by another PMC somewhere behind me.

Edited by karch
Partial success is still success ... right?
  • Like 1

45 minutes ago, Electromech said:

Also:

What balancing issue do you think the game has done wrong?

3 minutes ago, zpwarrior said:

What balancing issue do you think the game has done wrong?

I did not say wrong. We're currently in beta and full teams can run a map vs one solo PMC.  I don't need to go into more detail then that..It's simply ridiculous. But again, this is Beta.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Electromech said:

I did not say wrong. We're currently in beta and full teams can run a map vs one solo PMC.  I don't need to go into more detail then that..It's simply ridiculous. But again, this is Beta.

I don't think that's gonna change much and I don't think it's as rampant as you think. I play half the time solo and other other half with atleast 1 or more friend(Mainly one). We barely ever come into a group larger than 3 people, it's usually duos. Me and my buddy killed a group of three followed by another group of two last night. I love not knowing what type of engagement i might run into.

Edited by zpwarrior

On ‎12‎/‎3‎/‎2017 at 3:04 PM, Electromech said:

How is it poorly balanced?  Any solo player that runs and guns and comes across 2-5 man teams is going to be at a disadvantage as they would in RL. That same solo player who moves along slowly and uses stealth and cover to progress through the raid and spots out those same 2-5 man teams now has leveled the playing field to an extent.

They can choose to observe and wait for them to extract .

Wait for them to spread out some and try to eliminate one or 2 of them quickly enough not to give away their position and camp the teams dead bodies and wait for the rest to try to hide their gear and kill them too.

They can charge in and 95% of the time die because its 5v1.

This game pits you against yourself when playin solo. Every move you make and route or area you go to is up to you as is the speed in which you go. If your looking to run and gun and sprint non stop and pvp you will find out this isn't the game for that.

I have tried both as I'm still new to the game and only been playing for about a week and a half. running and gunning got me killed almost every raid yeah I might get 1 or 2 of a 3-5 man team but if I cant loot their bodies and extract its a waste so I slowed down and stalked teams and wait for the right moment to engage and noticed I wipe or team a lot more and escape with their gear. Its all depends on how you go about it.

• Like 1

On 2017-12-03 at 8:40 PM, karch said:

In Shoreline, every recent raid I've joined (around 40 or 50) have ended with a heavily geared player (or group of players) spotting me from incredibly far away and never having a chance to even get rounds on them. Other than going in with 200k roubles worth of gear every match (and losing it 4 times out of every 5), I can't come up with a way to complete The Punisher task (kill 20 scavs on shoreline). Everything I've come up with to try to make it all the way to extraction has failed, I can't even "run through" this one. I'm sure plenty of you have more experience than I do there, so I'd love to hear from some of you. I think it would be my favorite map if it were played by the same people who seem to frequent Customs and Woods ... but that's certainly not the case right now. All I'm really looking for is to finish this task and go back to forgetting Shoreline ever existed.

i mean... i die maybe 2 in 20 raids on shoreline with a hatchet, i usualy come out with a PACA and AK-47N with a PSO scope.

3 minutes ago, Losy11 said:

i mean... i die maybe 2 in 20 raids on shoreline with a hatchet, i usualy come out with a PACA and AK-47N with a PSO scope.

It looks like you have advice to share, but forgot to.

itlookslike.png

On 12/3/2017 at 9:40 PM, karch said:

avoid the gas station and trap island (were u find the big rusty ship) they always full of geared players and scav player

and for exiting the map use checkpoint  rare a scav players spawn there

On 12/3/2017 at 10:02 PM, karch said:

I'll be the first to admit that I don't know the map nearly as well as the others. I've spent some time in single-player trying to familiarize myself with the vulnerable positions

Shoreline.png.4cb6d3322c6e53e8ea5c65d3206cf39e.png

@karch 2 options I used for that quest.  

1) rush bunker evac with a vepr or akm-209. kill 2-3: grab a gun and evac. 

2) grab a shotgun 153 or saiga works, rush gas station evac. 

You're not there to loot so forget about bringing in that overpowered pay to win MBSS you want to fill up with stuff. 

Bring in the minimum gear for this quest; scav vest and a few extra rounds. You don't need to go in with 200k to do this quest. 

On 12/3/2017 at 4:01 PM, zpwarrior said:

I don't think that's gonna change much and I don't think it's as rampant as you think. I play half the time solo and other other half with atleast 1 or more friend(Mainly one). We barely ever come into a group larger than 3 people, it's usually duos. Me and my buddy killed a group of three followed by another group of two last night. I love not knowing what type of engagement i might run into.

I play always solo and don't really enjoy bringing in full gear and getting wasted by a team on the 4th/5th guy. Theres no special prize for killing a few. Meanwhile they saved all their insured gear and get mine too. Ya top balance.

Remove insurance and im happy to kill as many as i can. But they they'll just bring huge bags and save it if they walk out. So either remove insurance or make it guaranteed and more expensive. I dunno but the current system is exploited.

Edited by Electromech

1 hour ago, Electromech said:

I play always solo and don't really enjoy bringing in full gear and getting wasted by a team on the 4th/5th guy. Theres no special prize for killing a few. Meanwhile they saved all their insured gear and get mine too. Ya top balance.

Remove insurance and im happy to kill as many as i can. But they they'll just bring huge bags and save it if they walk out. So either remove insurance or make it guaranteed and more expensive. I dunno but the current system is exploited.

how are they exploiting anything

2 hours ago, Electromech said:

what? the whole game revolves around risk and reward , losing your gear to others is part of the game , they take a risk as much as u do when they bring their gear in ,

being butt hurt over game mechanics that are there to potentially help you get unlooted gear back is just silly,

p.s dont engage full teams then u wont lose your gear , move slowly away from them wait for them to make a mistake , engage when they are fighting others . stop playing this game like cod . 

On 12/6/2017 at 1:08 AM, mrnewbie3127 said:

what? the whole game revolves around risk and reward , losing your gear to others is part of the game , they take a risk as much as u do when they bring their gear in ,

being butt hurt over game mechanics that are there to potentially help you get unlooted gear back is just silly,

p.s dont engage full teams then u wont lose your gear , move slowly away from them wait for them to make a mistake , engage when they are fighting others . stop playing this game like cod . 

What risk, you don't know the mechanic yet here you are talking.

Teams can empty their friends out and throw the gear int he bushes. Their insurance replaces the gear. Where's the risk for teams?

P.S Don't PS me when you have nothing good to add. I play this just fine and kill plenty. Doesn't mean its currently balanced.

I started a match on Shoreline about an hour ago, spawned in at 49:59, started sprinting, and instantly died from 1 shot to the head. gg

On 12/3/2017 at 11:40 AM, karch said:

go to the back of the estates with a TT or PM and grind it out.