Blackb1rd

What secrets are hidden in this blackbox?

In a short while Escape from Tarkov will present the new quests. What do you think, what secrets are hidden in this blackbox?

flightrecorder_crumpled.jpg

French translation of the news can be found here. Thanks to Emissary of France @LePatrick
Polish translation of the news can be found here. Thanks to Emissary of Poland @TheWay

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2
  • Hot 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 4

3 минуты назад, Blackb1rd сказал:

In a short while  #EscapefromTarkov will present the new quests. What do you think, what secrets are hidden in this blackbox?

Thanks blackb1rd :) can't wait skier will be interested! ;)

Any idea when fence will have reputation levels?

This "black box" records both flight data and cockpit voice. Despite russian placard, it's made in USA and commonly found for example on Airbus airliners. The plane crashed on woods looks very similar to one of Gulfstream variants. We could decypher what was the cause of the woods crash and therefore what was going on in that area at that time. Was it a shotdown, an EMP from a nuke, a malfunction, bad weather, struggle in the cockpit?

As for the drone, I don't think they carry black boxes. However it's crash is a mystery to me. The facts from examining the wreckage are as follows:

- the drone fell down in one piece, vertically - most probably in a spin

- a significant piece of the right wing is missing on the crash site, it must have detached in midair and fell somewhere else

- its engine was operating at the time of impact, as indicated by condition of the propeller

- however there was no postcrash fire - maybe the accident happened during heavy rain

The most probable sequence of events would be that the drone was performing a very important reconaissance mission and was forced to fly through a thunderstorm (was it returning to base or enroute to target area is open for speculation at this time). A strong turbulence overloaded the airframe and damaged the right wing. The drone then entered a spin and crashed.

I wonder who it was, who tried to recover electronic parts from it? Ordinary scavs or some special forces operators?

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 4

On 12/4/2017 at 1:31 PM, halberger said:

This "black box" records both flight data and cockpit voice. Despite russian placard, it's made in USA and commonly found for example on Airbus airliners.

Not just Airbus... literally ever commercial airliner. And a lot of civilian plane owners are getting cheaper models too.

Was it a shotdown, an EMP from a nuke, a malfunction, bad weather, struggle in the cockpit?

"It was an anomaly, and the plane crashed because there was simply no one there to fly it." - Major Degtyrev. xD 

As for the drone, I don't think they carry black boxes.

Pretty sure they dont... what would be the point?

however there was no postcrash fire

Not much chance of a fire... Theyre pretty well insulated, and electric, so no fuel to burn.

Gimmie a spyglass and a smoking pipe; we'll solve this mystery. :D 

16 hours ago, Gr8WhiteBuffalo said:

"It was an anomaly, and the plane crashed because there was simply no one there to fly it." - Major Degtyrev. xD

Gimmie a spyglass and a smoking pipe; we'll solve this mystery. :D 

"That" drone, back then they were still called UAVs, was unarmed, while "ours" carried Hellfire missiles. Maybe it wasn't a recon mission, but elimination one? Catching some elusive HVT would mandate sending a valuable asset into dangerous weather even more. If so, who was it after? An individual or infrastructure? Maybe a vehicle containing something interesting? Was it really NATO drone - someone could paint anything on it.

It's mission failed, but sometimes I find single casings of very uncommon calibers, officially not being used around Tarkov. Could it mean that someone else is looking for some answers as well?

Black box is fine, but it's the drone that hides some real secrets.

Are you guys going to do something about skiers first task being the hardest task to complete? I feel like i spend to much time grinding for the fort armor then enjoying the game its self. Makes me not wanna play after a wipe like i'm being punished for not buying the EOD.

Edited by AngryTwitch