Biggerfoot

Add civilian M4s-m16s

5 hours ago, Deadmode said:

The reason there are civilian variants of AKs is because they would be present in the setting.

Civilian ARs would not.

Why not? Russia made civilian semi auto AR -15's in 2011 , the Vepr 15 / vpo 140

UcKx7PG.jpg?1

Edited by 5point5sixGUY
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 6

The reason there are civilian variants of AKs is because they would be present in the setting.

Civilian ARs would not.

Well, there's not a high chance, but then again it's a game so fudging the numbers a little isn't outside the realm of possibility and they'd probably be more of those than standard M4A1s.

I wouldn't mind it for a little bit more variety, and we have traders that have access to modern weapons (UN and RU), so a crappier cheaper 5.56 rifle to compete with Skier's SKS and semi-auto AK variants would be interesting.

22 hours ago, Biggerfoot said:

I feel like the ak-74n has civilian versions so the m4 should as well like the m16a1 m16a3 in single fire modes/ burst fire modes. 

If it has a burst fire mode it is not a civilian version; not in the US any way 1 trigger pull = 3 rounds = illegal in the US. Also the M16 is not the civilian version of the M4..... the M4 is an adaptation of the M16. Additional the A1 is terrible I would rather see A2 and the A4 // I would also like to see the XM177.  Also the A1 is not a burst weapon only semi, and the A3 is Semi / Full Auto.

• Like 1

vor 45 Minuten schrieb 5point5sixGUY:

Vepr 15 / vpo 140

UcKx7PG.jpg?1

dont know that much about russian gunlaws, but isnt it so, that they are not allowed to own fullautomatic assaultrifles

so if they want to own an m16 variant, they probably would buy an AR-15 to comply with the gunlaws (like that one on the picture)

so then a AR-15 would make sence in the tarkov setting, because its rare stuff from civilians who live/lived around tarkov before the conflict (same setting like vepr 136 only much rarer because its an foreign gun system...)

pretty sure there comin loots more european weapons (glock 17 comes rly soon, confirmed), but this thread is especially about civilian m16 variants and how they would fit in the tarkov setting

7 minutes ago, FlarmBlarg said:

I mean there's euros, so why not add g36's and other European weapons? 

who said they wont add them? Devs said they want to add most of the well known weapons.

• Like 1

Civilian ARs would not.

I also said this in another post, but the sellers prapor, skier, fence (wich has a world wide network, it says so in his discription) would like to make a buck or 2 right?? So why would they not have these weapons (if someone wat to buy it, they sell it right??)

Also, local dealers (that existed before the colaps) would have sold these civilian AR'S. I mean u can buy AK'S in the usa right??

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FlarmBlarg said:

I mean there's euros, so why not add g36's and other European weapons? 

OK, so I was proved wrong and that you can get some form of AR in Russia. I'm still gonna argue that its pretty rare and likely to be pointless adding one. Adding European firearm civ variants is much more plausible. We already have M4s, I would just like to see some more handguard and stock options, but I would love to see some new guns from the rest of Europe trickle in every now and then.

vor 11 Minuten schrieb Deadmode:

but I would love to see some new guns from the rest of Europe trickle in every now and then

pretty sure bsg is tryin their best to get some more of them into the game, problem is these guns are copyrighted... so if they want to implement an g36 per example, they need to ask heckler and koch for the digital rights, so they did it allready for the mp5, so we knew its atleast possible for some companys xD

but other companys will simply say no, and then there is nothing you can do, even if the gun would fit perfectly fit into the setting :(

Am 6.12.2017 um 20:40 schrieb PIK:

they need to ask heckler and koch for the digital rights, so they did it allready for the mp5

Yeah. But the rights for the MP5 are so damn cheap, as far as i know. I bet even candy-crush has them. For the G36, i belive they are much more expansive and valued by HK, because it is still in service and has some mixed reputation. Maybe they want it to dissapear and move on with the "promotion" of other systems.
I would love to have the G36 in game, non the less.

Am 6.12.2017 um 19:10 schrieb PIK:

same setting like vepr 136 only much rarer

yeah... try to find one in russia. I might be wrong, but as far as i know they are something like a purple unicorn.

vor 3 Stunden schrieb Insomnium1981:

belive they are much more expansive and valued by HK

maybe the can get the rights for the mexican fx variant xDxD

My thoughts are the same, as much as we are gun nuts and the like :)  @PIK

We really need to look at the geographical location and think about what would be available via surplus weapons and civilian weapons. @PIK, you are are from a more central European country. What sort of stuff is available as semi-auto civilian versions? 

This game is not set in the USA, it is set in an economic zone (legal grey area) between Finland and Russia. It makes more sense to have Russian and northern European gear. 

Hell I'm from the UK and if I want an AR or AK I can get them. But they will be bolt action. It would make more sense for the PMCs to use surplus NATO or Warsaw pact gear that is available on the grey market. For civilian (semi-auto) weapons in Europe I cannot comment as I'm from the UK ^_^

vor 7 Stunden schrieb vatt84:

@PIK, you are are from a more central European country. What sort of stuff is available as semi-auto civilian versions?

germany... we got rly strict gunlaws here, so by this we wouldnt be a good example for the "tarkov setting" at all, because our historical background in the civil use of firearms since worldwar 2 is complete different to the russian one... with the right gun license you would be allowed to own an AR-15 for hunting purposes, but at all complete different to russia i would say

if you see it from the blackmarket point of view, in central europe will come 99% of all illegal weapons from ex warsaw pact countrys like bosnia / serbia / ukraine because their civil wars are not that long in the past, so ak's in all variants produced from 1980's up to early 1990's

but thats all useless infos for the game :)

think if you wonna know if a gun would fit in the "tarkov setting" just look to an russian online gunshop, and see whats available for civil use, take these and add all types of guns which are used in the russian military now and the past 20 years and add a few modern western guns (which a MERC would bring mostlikely to the country for own needs) and you got your setting xD

so the tarkov setting = civil russian firearms from today + regular russian military arms past 20 years + a few modern western guns (brought by Terragroup Merc's)

rdy is the setting xDxD

On 06/12/2017 at 5:25 PM, 5point5sixGUY said:

Why not? Russia made civilian semi auto AR -15's in 2011 , the Vepr 15 / vpo 140

UcKx7PG.jpg?1

If the Vepr-136 and VPO-209 are anything to go by I suspect we'd be more inclinded to find some kind of AK in 5,56 than we would an AR-15 but that doesn't mean we wouldn't be able to find an AR-15, they'd just be somewhat rarer in number amongst all the surplus AK's and Vepr variants.

For example if we were to get this Vepr-15, It would either be depicated as seen here or equipped with a much longer barrel (resembling more rifle length than carbine length). I'd imagine Scav's wielding the weapon would seldom be equipped with anything higher than a 10 or 20 round magazine at most.

Additionally I could see an AR-15 shotgun being added, in response to what @vatt84 mentioned about as I've heard stories of the Turkish Akdal MKA-1919 12 gauge shotgun being in Russia which is in essence an AR-15 12 gauge shotgun copy.

1200px-Akdal_MKA-1919.JPG

@DrakeVanders Well I've learned something new today about M16s being re-bored to fit with gun laws :)  

It actually reminds me of going to a range with some mates and shooting a 20 gauge SMLE (converted) that had it's barrel changed to smooth bore instead of it's normal calibre.

What would be cool is if we could get a person from the region (Finland/ Russia) to explain what is available in the civilian market for scavs. Grey/ black market goods are easy enough as PIK said :) 

Edited by vatt84
clarification

On 12/6/2017 at 6:27 AM, Deadmode said:

Civilian ARs would not.

Lol in a game where everyone and their mother has a full auto m4 or AK....

• Sad 2

On 12/6/2017 at 12:59 PM, THE_GHOST-23 said:

If it has a burst fire mode it is not a civilian version; not in the US any way 1 trigger pull = 3 rounds = illegal in the US. Also the M16 is not the civilian version of the M4..... the M4 is an adaptation of the M16. Additional the A1 is terrible I would rather see A2 and the A4 // I would also like to see the XM177.  Also the A1 is not a burst weapon only semi, and the A3 is Semi / Full Auto.

. . . You're correct about the fact that if it's burst it's illegal. Anything more than one round fired on a single trigger pull in one direction is illegal without being registered as a fully automatic weapon. Aside from that though. . . How on earth is the A1 terrible? If you aren't going to be using optics or any accessories, only the bare stock gun, the A1 is actually an arguably superior form than the A2 or A4. Depending on your preference, of course, but the A1 is accurate, reliable, and extremely light weight, and besides that, it has a shorter stock rather than the A2 stock which many people agree is just a tad too long for infantry use. It's a perfectly good weapon, on the whole. 

Regardless of that, are you suggesting the A1 is a semi automatic only weapon? Because. . . That would completely defeat the entire point of the concept of an "Assault Rifle." The point of the format is to be able to provide both accurate single shot fire, and rapid, controllable automatic fire. All modern military infantry rifles are fully automatic. Full stop. Only specialized support role weapons like DMR's are semi-auto only. . . And even then, many of them have the fun switch regardless. 

As far as the variants. . . The A1 and A3 variant do both have standard full auto fire, while the A2 and A4 variants are semi/burst. 

• Like 2

On 12/6/2017 at 4:27 AM, Deadmode said:

Civilian ARs would not.

So every PMC member would have an automatic rifle? PMCs don't use civilian weapons?

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Rybec said:

So every PMC member would have an automatic rifle? PMCs don't use civilian weapons?

That's not what I was saying at all.

What I was saying is that Russian and European civilian weaponry would be more likely in the setting of the game, rather than American AR15s.

Edited by Deadmode
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Every gun that is in Contract wars will be in EFT. They are also aiming for around 300 different weapons in the game so you can bet some of those will be western rifles lol. For example, the M16A4 is confirmed and MAY be getting released alongside the glock, which is coming soon. Regardless, the M16, Scar, G36, Famas etc are all going to be in the game. Guns take weeks if not months to make in this game which is why we have so few right now.