Biggerfoot

Add civilian M4s-m16s

Recommended Posts

I'd love to see a bolt action 5.56 rifle, I don't know any makes but I would feel it'd be a nice touch in this game, especially with the lack of bolt action rifles as a whole

and maybe some more bullpup style rifles >.> such as the L85A2 or the ability to change the current m4's into a bullpup configuration with some new modification items. :P

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, NamelessMuppet said:

I'd love to see a bolt action 5.56 rifle, I don't know any makes but I would feel it'd be a nice touch in this game, especially with the lack of bolt action rifles as a whole

and maybe some more bullpup style rifles >.> such as the L85A2 or the ability to change the current m4's into a bullpup configuration with some new modification items. :P

I agree, if they added .223 bolt action hunting rifles then you would have an alternative ammo for the m4's or 5.56 compatable weapons, plus I couldn't agree more that this game needs more bolt action weapons, I'm especially excited for the Mosin Nagant since a cheap hard hitting bolt action with relatively few modifications is just what lower level players need access to in order to have access to longer range gunplay, instead of having to close the distance with a handgun or ak-74u or saiga-9.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The AR-15, or 'civilian M4A1/M16A4' to most people, is not a weapon from the original Contract Wars nor is it sensible in this environment. Possibly on maps such as Shoreline, where rich executives lived but not really sensible anyways. The civilian variant is made with in the United States as according to specific gun laws that dictate the legality of automatic weaponry, especially 'assault rifles'. The AR-15 won't be common place in Russia, though it is possible with Tarkov being the 'Gate of East and West' as I like to call it. So the possibilities of Western employees having is possible, but definitely not Western Militaries such as the United Nations Peacekeeping Force who would definitely having either Kalashnikovs or western weapons such as the L85A2, FAMAS, etc.

Remembering the fact that Tarkov is next to Finland, it's more likely that the United Nations folk would have Kalashnikovs and the occasional M4A1, L85A2, or any of the weapons from the original game that are NATO standardized.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Also, I do agree that civilian armaments such as the CZ-550 are applicable since they added in a weird but real civilian hunting shotgun, the TOZ-106. They also can add weapons such as old Gewehr 98s/Karabiner 98 Kurz, IZH-43, the PPSh-41, SVT-40, M1895 Nagant Revolver, APS, MP412 'Rex' Revolver, and other viable weapons that are still common place as surplus or as weapons used by the Russian Federation/Soviet Union.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/25/2017 at 6:31 AM, koenccx said:

I see a lot of people want different vairents of the ar15 Ii could be wrong but I think a simpler way to go about that is make two varients the 5.56 and the 7.62 (308). then just add in auto seers for attachments. I know you need a diffetent trigger group as well but just adding the auto seer could make the gun burst, or fullauto depending on the gun. that's just me though

A 7.62 AR is usually an AR-10. There are some cross compatibility such as the grip but not much.

 

On 12/28/2017 at 2:40 PM, semperdignus said:

The AR-15 won't be common place in Russia,

As noted several times in this thread, the AR-15 is a easily available sporting rifle to Russian civilians. I do not know why people in this thread keep pretending this is not the case.

 

For all those who keep doubting the existence  of AR-15s in Russia despite video evidence, here is a Russian online gun store selling them:

 

http://www.ohotairibalka.ru/info.php?rg=101&num=168

http://www.ohotairibalka.ru/info.php?rg=101&num=173

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We aren't doubting the existence of AR-15s in Russia, but we're doubting the extreme frequency you'd see in the good old United States, with civilian and law enforcement usage. There are definitely AR-15s in the Russian Federation, but unlike a good old Kalashnikov or a civilian sporting version of one, they won't be widespread.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I always get all of this nice furniture for M4s/M16s that I simply can't use. Having an AR-15 platform would give me something to put it on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/5/2017 at 1:41 PM, Biggerfoot said:

I feel like the ak-74n has civilian versions so the m4 should as well like the m16a1 m16a3 in single fire modes/ burst fire modes. 

The M-16's are not civilian rifles. They're military rifles. Civilian version you're thinking of is the vanilla AR-15 that can be built in any possible configuration one desires (AR Pistol, Carbine, Rifle ect). The reason i mention it is Burst Fire function is considered a class III feature and requires special licensing. 

On 12/31/2017 at 2:32 AM, semperdignus said:

We aren't doubting the existence of AR-15s in Russia, but we're doubting the extreme frequency you'd see in the good old United States, with civilian and law enforcement usage. There are definitely AR-15s in the Russian Federation, but unlike a good old Kalashnikov or a civilian sporting version of one, they won't be widespread.

I'd actually wager AR-15's would be far more popular than M4's in terms of availability as PMC's would likely be using AR's over M4s. Realistically speaking, the Automatic fire function (M4A1) Is almost never used by professional forces, so using M4A1's would just have an increased Price tag and would be more difficult for PMC's to acquire in regards to moving them through European nations/ Weapon import laws ect. 

I think a nice fit would be putting AR-15's available to buy from level 1 Peacekeeper (but only 20 round magazines). Have it be comparable to a Vepr. You'd have access to the Rifle early sure, But the modularity wouldn't come into play until you level Peace Keeper up significantly more. 

Edited by Tactical_Fister
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/29/2017 at 4:48 PM, Yukari_Akiyama said:

A 7.62 AR is usually an AR-10.

 

Just to clarify ^

7.62x51mm NATO (.308 Winchester)

 

They do make AR's chambered in 7.62x39mm, but those are not AR-10's

Edited by 5point5sixGUY

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you REALLY want to be technical, pretty much all modern rifles referred to as AR-10s are actually scaled up AR-15s.

The original AR-10 design had external and internal differences to the AR-15.

Pretty sure it's going to be harder to go into even deeper pedantics than that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, KhandE said:

If you REALLY want to be technical, pretty much all modern rifles referred to as AR-10s are actually scaled up AR-15s.

The original AR-10 design had external and internal differences to the AR-15.

Pretty sure it's going to be harder to go into even deeper pedantics than that.

If you really really want to be technical, those made since 1995 are AR-10B's :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, KhandE said:

If you REALLY want to be technical, pretty much all modern rifles referred to as AR-10s are actually scaled up AR-15s.

The original AR-10 design had external and internal differences to the AR-15.

Pretty sure it's going to be harder to go into even deeper pedantics than that.

Actually, the AR 10 came before the AR 15. And was scaled down. Then when Colt bought the rights to the AR 10 and AR 15 we started seeing some of the features we know today on that platform.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎1‎/‎4‎/‎2018 at 10:00 AM, Tactical_Fister said:

I'd actually wager AR-15's would be far more popular than M4's in terms of availability as PMC's would likely be using AR's over M4s. Realistically speaking, the Automatic fire function (M4A1) Is almost never used by professional forces, so using M4A1's would just have an increased Price tag and would be more difficult for PMC's to acquire in regards to moving them through European nations/ Weapon import laws ect.

You are missing my blatantly obvious point. I'm saying that the AR-15 isn't the wide spread, mass produced Avtomat Kalashnikova in the Russian Federation nor would it work for a Private Military Contractor as they would have the ability to get more reliable weaponry compared to a civilian AR-15, which wouldn't be fit for Tarkov anyhow if you've ever seen the predecessor game, Contract Wars. Considering the lore aswell, where the United Security contractors are not there to act like United Nation Peacekeeping forces, but are to cover up illicit activities through all means which I'd reckon having civilian grade weapons wouldn't be the best option. Yes, I agree civilian firearms such as the AR-15, SCAR 16S, Mini-14s, or Zenith MP5Ks would be nice to have as an early option, but the context of this also matters just as much as the new weapons.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, semperdignus said:

You are missing my blatantly obvious point. I'm saying that the AR-15 isn't the wide spread, mass produced Avtomat Kalashnikova in the Russian Federation nor would it work for a Private Military Contractor as they would have the ability to get more reliable weaponry compared to a civilian AR-15, which wouldn't be fit for Tarkov anyhow if you've ever seen the predecessor game, Contract Wars. Considering the lore aswell, where the United Security contractors are not there to act like United Nation Peacekeeping forces, but are to cover up illicit activities through all means which I'd reckon having civilian grade weapons wouldn't be the best option. Yes, I agree civilian firearms such as the AR-15, SCAR 16S, Mini-14s, or Zenith MP5Ks would be nice to have as an early option, but the context of this also matters just as much as the new weapons.

They are civilian guns available to civilians. If one in every 10 scavs had a Russian AR-15 it would be fitting.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, semperdignus said:

You are missing my blatantly obvious point. I'm saying that the AR-15 isn't the wide spread, mass produced Avtomat Kalashnikova in the Russian Federation nor would it work for a Private Military Contractor as they would have the ability to get more reliable weaponry compared to a civilian AR-15, which wouldn't be fit for Tarkov anyhow if you've ever seen the predecessor game, Contract Wars. Considering the lore aswell, where the United Security contractors are not there to act like United Nation Peacekeeping forces, but are to cover up illicit activities through all means which I'd reckon having civilian grade weapons wouldn't be the best option. Yes, I agree civilian firearms such as the AR-15, SCAR 16S, Mini-14s, or Zenith MP5Ks would be nice to have as an early option, but the context of this also matters just as much as the new weapons.

Please expand on what you mean by 'more reliable weaponry' than an AR-15? I'm genuinely curious what type of angle you're looking for on that. 

The only different between a standard AR-15 you'd pick up from say, Bushmaster or Colt, and an M4A1 is that the latter as select fire function that, is by the way, never actually used in a tactical environment. It really wouldn't make that much of a difference on which one they carried. 

I agree and am well aware that AK's are going to be far more widespread, but it isn't as if AR's aren't produced in Russia (obviously not in the same numbers as AK's).

Plus i'd be that Iconic Cold War match up of glorious superior Western Engineering vs Ergonomically inferior COMBLOC shennignans

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Tactical_Fister said:

Please expand on what you mean by 'more reliable weaponry' than an AR-15? I'm genuinely curious what type of angle you're looking for on that.

xD

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Scavs are civilians, they are using weaponery that civilian living in russia would use :

  • Saiga 9
  • TOZ
  • VEPR - VPO (AK)  ...

Civilians living in russia would not use civilian version of the AR15. Of course it' s possible, but that' s something like 5% of them.

So the question is : Is it worth adding a weapon that 5% of the scavs will use ?

IMO : The model is made, the 20rnd mags are in... It could be a nice addition, light weight and good to expend the scav' s weaponery.

Edited by PIG-Mathieu

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, PIG-Mathieu said:

Scavs are civilians, they are using weaponery that civilian living in russia would use :

  • Saiga 9
  • TOZ
  • VEPR - VPO (AK)  ...

Civilians living in russia would not use civilian version of the AR15. Of course it' s possible, but that' s something like 5% of them.

So the question is : Is it worth adding a weapon that 5% of the scavs will use ?

IMO : The model is made, the 20rnd mags are in... It could be a nice addition, light weight and good to expend the scav' s weaponery.

20's wouldn't be bad, Give it that good ole Nam feel.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/7/2018 at 5:13 PM, semperdignus said:

You are missing my blatantly obvious point. I'm saying that the AR-15 isn't the wide spread, mass produced Avtomat Kalashnikova in the Russian Federation nor would it work for a Private Military Contractor as they would have the ability to get more reliable weaponry compared to a civilian AR-15, which wouldn't be fit for Tarkov anyhow if you've ever seen the predecessor game, Contract Wars. Considering the lore aswell, where the United Security contractors are not there to act like United Nation Peacekeeping forces, but are to cover up illicit activities through all means which I'd reckon having civilian grade weapons wouldn't be the best option. Yes, I agree civilian firearms such as the AR-15, SCAR 16S, Mini-14s, or Zenith MP5Ks would be nice to have as an early option, but the context of this also matters just as much as the new weapons.

Contractors are more likely to use civilian grade weapons dude. They'll source whatever is locally available largely, because carrying weapons across borders is a royal PITA. Civilian weapons are cheaper and are easily left behind when exiting the AO.

Contractors in Iraq bought CZ99s because they were cheaper than SIGs. In the end all they care about is the bottom line. If there's a 80% as good solution, they'll buy it and tell their operators to suck it up.

Edited by trotskygrad

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In this latest picture released buy the devs regarding the "mechanic" merchent that will be added, a mini 14 was shown on his back wall of firearms. So there is your civilian ar...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

sure, ar15s arent that common in russia, and the scavs dont seem like the people to fork out the money for a premium sporting weapon like it, but it seems fitting for the weapons dealers to have access to them as tarkov is an unruly place with a high demand for weaponry. peacekeeper especially seems to have quite a bit of american gear on hand, and could reasonably have AR's in stock. hell, give him the AR15 at lvl 1, it's a lot more common, and a lot cheaper than the MP5 or MPX is. 

i actually find it more realistic for the PMCs to have ar15s than M4s and mp5s etc, since it's cheaper (often higher quality, milspec is to many a derogatory term) and with the presumption that most PMCs are from the good old united states i'd expect them to have mostly weapons that are legal to own easily in the united states. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now