Biggerfoot

Add civilian M4s-m16s

On 12/8/2017 at 11:30 PM, Keter said:

. . . You're correct about the fact that if it's burst it's illegal. Anything more than one round fired on a single trigger pull in one direction is illegal without being registered as a fully automatic weapon. Aside from that though. . . How on earth is the A1 terrible? If you aren't going to be using optics or any accessories, only the bare stock gun, the A1 is actually an arguably superior form than the A2 or A4. Depending on your preference, of course, but the A1 is accurate, reliable, and extremely light weight, and besides that, it has a shorter stock rather than the A2 stock which many people agree is just a tad too long for infantry use. It's a perfectly good weapon, on the whole. 

Regardless of that, are you suggesting the A1 is a semi automatic only weapon? Because. . . That would completely defeat the entire point of the concept of an "Assault Rifle." The point of the format is to be able to provide both accurate single shot fire, and rapid, controllable automatic fire. All modern military infantry rifles are fully automatic. Full stop. Only specialized support role weapons like DMR's are semi-auto only. . . And even then, many of them have the fun switch regardless. 

As far as the variants. . . The A1 and A3 variant do both have standard full auto fire, while the A2 and A4 variants are semi/burst. 

I respectfully beg to differ. The M16A1 was known to jam quite a bit in full auto mode. The M16A2 is superior to the M16A1. My service rifle was the M16A2. I did spend some time lugging a SAW but the majority of my military career was with an M16A2.

M16A2 as previously stated in this thread is Safe-Single-Burst. It is more accurate than the A1 and is more reliable too.

Gotta agree with some of the others, they would look a little strange but if there are existing clones on the Russian market that'd be cool!

With all the AK variants already in the game. One could only hope that they will give USEC (or anyone a fan of) some decent Western counterparts. I would suspect if PK already has access to full auto M4's I would speculate him getting hands on an AR-15 or other western civilian rifles would be simple.

There is really no big difference between a civilian AR-15 and military version.

one is semi auto fire only, and other has select fire. (Full auto, and Burst)

the balistics and everything else is the same. So really no need for this.

same goes for the AK varient. Only thing missing is the 3rd pin hole in civilian AKs everything else on the gun is same.

if you want a civilian AR-15 in tarkov, just ise semi auto mode only... and boom you have a civilian version.

On 12/6/2017 at 7:27 AM, Deadmode said:

The reason there are civilian variants of AKs is because they would be present in the setting.

Civilian ARs would not.

Yeah, but maybe you could buy a  .223 Semi from Peacekeeper or something.

On 5/2/2018 at 2:46 PM, Statefarm said:

Yeah, but maybe you could buy a  .223 Semi from Peacekeeper or something.

both of them are talking bunk. There are semi automatic AR-15s made in Russia, such as the Vepr-15. The Norinco CQ-A AR-15 is also available to Russian buyers.

On 3/15/2018 at 7:41 AM, EliteDoge said:

There better be a desert eagle haha

1. No.

2. What does this have to do with civilian AR-15s at all?