Jump to content
BigDan818

Kill 25 Bears in 3hrs too difficult.

Recommended Posts

BigDan818

Hi, I don't know if it's just me, but Prapors task number 6 where you have to kill 25 Bears in 3 hours just seems too difficult.  Bears are too hard to find. I keep killing USEC and Scavs.... Can you guys please take away the time limit??

  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
necuja

As the devs have already increased this timer from 1 hour to 3, it is not likely that it will be completely removed.

  • Like 2
  • Sad 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
nachtmaere

Oh good grief, i'm having enough trouble just dealing with Punisher Pt.3, 1 hour to kill 25 scavs on customs is proving so much harder than it sounds, now i learn i gotta kill a SPECIFIC type of PLAYER 25 times within a time frame?

Vote no on time limits, and more importantly, vote no on ANY and ALL 'tasks' that FORCE you to play the game a SPECIFIC way/playstyle, it aint right, task is LITERALLY impossible for the slower, more careful, more stealthy players, literally only benefit bullet sponge rambos who stack up the kills and stack 'em up quick. Slow and steady wins the race, except for ofcourse if you want to do tasks... Because who needs trader rep or unique/exclusive rewards?

Stop trying to make me play this game a way that i don't enjoy, this game provides me all the features and ability to play how i want to play, but then shoves my head underwater and says "Breathe".

/rant

Edited by nachtmaere
  • Like 4
  • Upvote 11

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
tobiassolem

I hate grind missions with a fire that makes me want to just go "duck the traders"... but you are so dependent on buying certain items that you HAVE to do the grind missions. Essentially my biggest gripe about the task system is how tedious and simple it is compared to the rest of the game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
side1394
9 minutes ago, nachtmaere said:

Oh good grief, i'm having enough trouble just dealing with Punisher Pt.3, 1 hour to kill 25 scavs on customs is proving so much harder than it sounds, now i learn i gotta kill a SPECIFIC type of PLAYER 25 times within a time frame?

Vote no on time limits, and more importantly, vote no on ANY and ALL 'tasks' that FORCE you to play the game a SPECIFIC way/playstyle, it aint right, task is LITERALLY impossible for the slower, more careful, more stealthy players, literally only benefit bullet sponge rambos who stack up the kills and stack 'em up quick. Slow and steady wins the race, except for ofcourse if you want to do tasks... Because who needs trader rep or unique/exclusive rewards?

Stop trying to make me play this game a way that i don't enjoy, this game provides me all the features and ability to play how i want to play, but then shoves my head underwater and says "Breathe".

/rant

LOL

Play better / don't do all the quests, you are not forced to / go play arcade shooters if EFT it's too hard for you bro. 25 SCAVS on Customs in one hour is completely doable (took me exactly 37 minutes to complete and I have friends which completed it in even less time)

..slower, more careful, more stealthy - you mean campers that don't move for 30 minutes or exit campers hiding in the bush, waiting to shoot someone in the back?!

For the punisher pt. 6 - 3 hours is more then enough for even an average player. Before micro patch I had to kill 18 BEARS in 1 hour and managed to complete it in my 3'rd session.

  • Like 2
  • Sad 11

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Waldemard
58 minutes ago, nachtmaere said:

Oh good grief, i'm having enough trouble just dealing with Punisher Pt.3, 1 hour to kill 25 scavs on customs is proving so much harder than it sounds, now i learn i gotta kill a SPECIFIC type of PLAYER 25 times within a time frame?

Vote no on time limits, and more importantly, vote no on ANY and ALL 'tasks' that FORCE you to play the game a SPECIFIC way/playstyle, it aint right, task is LITERALLY impossible for the slower, more careful, more stealthy players, literally only benefit bullet sponge rambos who stack up the kills and stack 'em up quick. Slow and steady wins the race, except for ofcourse if you want to do tasks... Because who needs trader rep or unique/exclusive rewards?

Stop trying to make me play this game a way that i don't enjoy, this game provides me all the features and ability to play how i want to play, but then shoves my head underwater and says "Breathe".

/rant

I was thinking a bit like you at first then I took my gun and jumped into the fight, and I've been able to finish this quest easily in 4 raids and with 21 mins reamining.

This kind of quest does not bother me dat much, it just create a bit of dynamisn into the games which can be really boring and repetitve and also it can gives you an opportunity to play with a different playstyle which one can be really interesting.

All I have to say is just think before acting and plan what you gonna and be sure to have enough prepared gear in your stash ready to go !

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
side1394
5 minutes ago, Waldemard said:

I was thinking a bit like you at first then I took my gun and jumped into the fight, and I've been able to finish this quest easily in 4 raids and with 21 mins reamining.

This kind of quest does not bother me dat much, it just create a bit of dynamisn into the games which can be really boring and repetitve and also it can gives you an opportunity to play with a different playstyle which one can be really interesting.

All I have to say is just think before acting and plan what you gonna and be sure to have enough prepared gear in your stash ready to go !

Very true bro! I also prepared some guns, blackrocks and pacas before I accepted the quest and if you just go where the scavs are, you don't even have to rush them, just kill em one by one.

I think if you go like spawn-bridge-construction-dorms-gas station-checkpoint you can kill at least 12 SCAVS/game, so in 2 bit longer raids you finish your quest while breaking no sweats.

Cheers!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Xarc
9 hours ago, necuja said:

As the devs have already increased this timer from 1 hour to 3, it is not likely that it will be completely removed.

This CW timers reminiscence should be removed and let the people to enjoy the game in their pace.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
nachtmaere
9 hours ago, side1394 said:

Play better / don't do all the quests, you are not forced to / go play arcade shooters if EFT it's too hard for you bro.

Good, intellectual approach :3

EFT is not too hard for me, time limits are restrictive and put unnecessary stress and pressure on the player, more specifically the player that doesn't adhere to a specific playstyle, which, in a game like this that supports a wide range of playstyles and approaches, is absurd and counter-productive.

9 hours ago, side1394 said:

25 SCAVS on Customs in one hour is completely doable

Never said it wasn't doable, i have no dellusions that this task is impossible, simply that it is, again, unnecessarily stressful and restrictive for those not adhering to one specific playstyle, for me, it is proving very complicated, i am not wired in the same braindead charging bull way that other players may be.

9 hours ago, side1394 said:

..slower, more careful, more stealthy - you mean campers that don't move for 30 minutes or exit campers hiding in the bush, waiting to shoot someone in the back?!

My general extraction time is around the 10-20 minute mark, i like to get around to as many areas as i can before i leave while also leaving in a timely fashion, not once have i camped an exit, i see no reason to not to mention i'm not exactly a fan of getting grenaded in the face, and i try to avoid most players, kill when i need to, not with some animalistic desire, most of my kills are generally scavs because they're generally the only ones that get in my way, although when i need to kill players, i don't tend to have many problems.

I know it's easier for you to demonize, make you feel superior, believe that those below you (Who is essentially everyone who doesn't think the way you do) are simply scum of the earth, but i simply play a different way, i am not a camper, i am not some asshole who kills you from a random bush somewhere, i'm simply the guy you never knew was there, and that's fine :)

9 hours ago, Waldemard said:

I was thinking a bit like you at first then I took my gun and jumped into the fight, and I've been able to finish this quest easily in 4 raids and with 21 mins reamining.

I wish it was just that simple, but i find, within the hour time frame, i achieve more kills with my usual pistol/smg barebones loadout when i do with any other weapon & armor combination i currently have access to (Prapor and Peacekeeper maxxed out but not yet skiier)

So genuinely don't believe this is an issue of loadout at all, i have done my trial and error, it's just that this task is not compatible with my playstyle and i cannot effectively rambo hard enough, it's not in my nature.

9 hours ago, Waldemard said:

gives you an opportunity to play with a different playstyle which one can be really interesting.

Experimentation is a beautiful thing, there is no argument there, and i experiment all the time with different ways of approaching situations, maps, locations on the maps, different routes, different ways of dealing with situations on said routes, i am not above experimentation and a dynamic playstyle. However throughout the course of experimentation you also learn what playstyles do not work for you, and what playstyles you do not enjoy, the exact playstyle that this task forces upon you is one i have already tried and deemed to be both incompatible with the skills i have learned and honed over my years as an FPS player, the way i have always played, and also just simply boring, the playstyle that is being forced on me, to me, is boring and terrible to me, and i shouldn't have to take that approach to complete a task.

9 hours ago, Waldemard said:

All I have to say is just think before acting and plan what you gonna and be sure to have enough prepared gear in your stash ready to go !

I sowwy me so st00pid me no tink of diz

Because apparently you think i'm an idiot, you see.

My exact playstyle is meticulous planning, carefully considering each situation, mapping out my route, KNOWING the route by heart, being prepared for all eventualities i have experienced in previous raids, i learn from my experiences and plan accordingly, however, apparently i don't do it quick enough, or with enough fervor to complete this task in a timely fashion. Being prepared is not the issue.

9 hours ago, side1394 said:

I think if you go like spawn-bridge-construction-dorms-gas station-checkpoint you can kill at least 12 SCAVS/game, so in 2 bit longer raids you finish your quest while breaking no sweats.

I avoid dorms because there isn't enough time to be dealing with players AND scavs at the same time, i generally go straight from spawn to contruction, get the 1 - 3 kills there, proceed across to the bus stop killing the 1 - 4(ish) potential scavs on the road/entrance to the bus stop, head across to the gas station, usually about 1-2 ish people at the entrance, another 3 - 4 around the back/road to checkpoint, then i clear out the stragglers around the factory, and then extract. I am not ill-informed either.

2 hours ago, Xarc said:

This CW timers reminiscence should be removed and let the people to enjoy the game in their pace.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

 

  • Like 3
  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Leitbild

To be honest, I agree with OP.

Ofc its doable, but one thing to keep in mind is that some people dont spend their whole life at the Computer.  I work full time in shifts and got a Household to manage, im not a shoolboy/student/jobless guy that plays this game so much that I know everything and have played 1000 Hours in the beta allready. Im glad if I am able to spend a whole weekend playing while on a regular workday its like max 1-3 hours. I like to play the game slow and by that I dont mean to camp or dont move for 30 Minutes. I enjoyed the raids more as they lasted longer and I hate to see people rushing the exit/high loot spawns. Dont tell me it isnt like that, if you play Customs and go to the dorms at the 40 Minute mark, everyone there is Allready Dead and everything is looted.

Most of the time you hear Gunshots in the Distance, that is mostly Player Scavs griefing everything behind shortcut and the Checkpoint. The game gives me mixed signals. "This is a Hardcore Shooter, loss of Gear if you Die, Thirst and Hunger, Woundsystem" but on the other hand "Go in as fast as you can and try to imagine this is Battlefield without vehicles".

Same with some other Missions. Oh, you need two flashdrives? Well, do like 100 hatchet runs on Woods for that, otherwise you´ll never get over this.

That might Surpise some of the Elitist players but not everyone plays the game in false ambition to be the very best. Some People try just to have fun. (inb4 "go play casual games") Forcing a certain playstyle/ giving you a timer is not what mature people want in their games. Afterall most people play for entertainment.

Also: be prepared. Hah, not everyone got the EOD edition and has Limited space. Sure, the 30 additional slots help alot since the last wipe, still. I got like 2-3 Full sets of gear lying arround and after that my stash is full. No cases since you need to do missions/tasks to get lvl4 loyalty.

 

Edited by Leitbild
  • Like 7
  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
nachtmaere
21 minutes ago, Leitbild said:

That might Surpise some of the Elitist players but not everyone plays the game in false ambition to be the very best. Some People try just to have fun. (inb4 "go play casual games") Forcing a certain playstyle/ giving you a timer is not what mature people want in their games. Afterall most people play for entertainment.

Thank you, oh my gosh.

I was beginning to think we had a brain cell embargo going on.

And you know what, i totally forgot about the fact that, yeah, most people don't actually have the time to be running the same thing OVER AND OVER AND OVER again to get the task done in the time frame required, there are people with kids who can't just play for 3 hours straight, or even an hour straight to get these tasks done, it's unreasonable even just with the addition of daily lives.

Edited by nachtmaere

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
TowarzyszBroni
2 hours ago, nachtmaere said:

Thank you, oh my gosh.

I was beginning to think we had a brain cell embargo going on.

And you know what, i totally forgot about the fact that, yeah, most people don't actually have the time to be running the same thing OVER AND OVER AND OVER again to get the task done in the time frame required, there are people with kids who can't just play for 3 hours straight, or even an hour straight to get these tasks done, it's unreasonable even just with the addition of daily lives.

You are correct. Time limits seem like a very counter-productive process in a game like this because it forces everyone down a certain path and some people find it difficult to change their play-style to one that doesn't fit them. It's like trying to teach a fish to climb a tree. Make it 100pmc's and remove the time limit. Instead of having the time being the difficulty factor make the amount of kills the difficulty mark of this quest and balance around that. 

  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
VladThePad

I'm not up to this quest yet, but it's an infamous quest. I've seen people offer any and all bears in global chat $1500 for 15 minutes of their time. Most people I would think simply get their bear mates together and said mates stick their heads on the block, over and over, requisite number of times.

Little number crunch on this quest, let us say, done as I believe the devs intended:

Let's generously say 9 players per run, 1 is you, split the others 4 bears 4 USEC. You kill all 4 bears (nobody else kills any bears. Just you. You don't fall, you slay 4 others players quad kill ftw. Maybe some USEC get in your way, you slay them too) then bolt to the exit, or even grenade yourself to save time. You pull off this dream run without a hitch over and over, six times in a row in fact, even killing an extra bear in one of those raids, because you got extra lucky. That's the 25 bears bagged. But some of those bears didn't want to die and dragged the raids out, cowering from your ownage in bushes, or far away parts of the map, such was your heavy rep, and the average time taken for each of these raids was 30 minutes, elapsing the 3 hours. Dang it. So you have to repeat the whole thing again, owning even harder this time, but luckily, it all completely goes your way again, and you're down to averaging 25 minutes per raid, and you're done with only 2.5 hours elapsed, easy. Afterwards you have a few beers with Ares, the ancient god of war, himself. He feels privileged to drink with you.

Or I guess, just do the mates thing. It's a complete farce ... but  yeah, it gets the job done. 

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
nachtmaere
10 minutes ago, VladThePad said:

I'm not up to this quest yet, but it's an infamous quest. I've seen people offer any and all bears in global chat $1500 for 15 minutes of their time. Most people I would think simply get their bear mates together and said mates stick their heads on the block, over and over, requisite number of times.

Little number crunch on this quest, let us say, done as I believe the devs intended:

Let's generously say 9 players per run, 1 is you, split the others 4 bears 4 USEC. You kill all 4 bears (nobody else kills any bears. Just you. You don't fall, you slay 4 others players quad kill ftw. Maybe some USEC get in your way, you slay them too) then bolt to the exit, or even grenade yourself to save time. You pull off this dream run without a hitch over and over, six times in a row in fact, even killing an extra bear in one of those raids, because you got extra lucky. That's the 25 bears bagged. But some of those bears didn't want to die and dragged the raids out, cowering from your ownage in bushes, or far away parts of the map, such was your heavy rep, and the average time taken for each of these raids was 30 minutes, elapsing the 3 hours. Dang it. So you have to repeat the whole thing again, owning even harder this time, but luckily, it all completely goes your way again, and you're down to averaging 25 minutes per raid, and you're done with only 2.5 hours elapsed, easy. Afterwards you have a few beers with Ares, the ancient god of war, himself. He feels privileged to drink with you.

Or I guess, just do the mates thing. It's a complete farce ... but  yeah, it gets the job done. 

Remember the days when you didn't have to resort to cheesing or miracles to complete quests and you could actually enjoy games, progressing as you went along? Boy those days are gettin' further and further behind us.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
VladThePad

Or, there is another possibility: The intended way to complete the quest is the mates way. Tarkov devs have always said this is a team game. Do you have a squad who will invest this time for you? Who will lay down their lives for you repeatedly? If so, you are playing the game in the right spirit. Well done move ahead one square. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
VladThePad
13 minutes ago, nachtmaere said:

Remember the days when you didn't have to resort to cheesing or miracles to complete quests and you could actually enjoy games, progressing as you went along? Boy those days are gettin' further and further behind us.

Cheesing or miracles, well said. This quest doesn't sit very well with me. I'm even starting to think the quest has another intention again, it is actually a metrics gatherer for the devs and is a placeholder for a decent quest.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
B00MSLANG

The current problem with this mission is that 60-70% of people play as a USEC atm, so killing 25 BEAR's within 1-3 hours can be some kind of a drag. This will become easier when more people join this game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
nachtmaere
3 minutes ago, limabravo130 said:

The current problem with this mission is that 60-70% of people play as a USEC atm, so killing 25 BEAR's within 1-3 hours can be some kind of a drag. This will become easier when more people join this game.

Or we could avoid that reliance on people and their choices and just remove the time limit, with no time limit, doesn't matter if this game dies and there's only one bear left.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
B00MSLANG
1 minute ago, nachtmaere said:

Or we could avoid that reliance on people and their choices and just remove the time limit, with no time limit, doesn't matter if this game dies and there's only one bear left.

Agreed!  Remove time limit.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
LethalsLoaded

Who said the quest is meant to be easy? It's meant to be a challenge - it's not a required quest, so if it's above your skill capacity don't do it! :P

  • Like 2
  • Sad 9
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
LethalsLoaded
2 minutes ago, THALL said:

Except that it's the only way to get a decent sized container without taking the pay to "win" route.

A 2x3 Container is/was purchasable.

If you want end-game container you need to prepare for end-game challenges!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Djent_
Just now, LethalsLoaded said:

A 2x3 Container is/was purchasable.

If you want end-game container you need to prepare for end-game challenges!

2x3 is not the same as 2x4 or 3x3.

I hope this isn't literal end game, but either way it's a ridiculous requirement.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
LethalsLoaded
1 minute ago, THALL said:

2x3 is not the same as 2x4 or 3x3.

I hope this isn't literal end game, but either way it's a ridiculous requirement.

Obviously 2x3 is not same as 2x4 or 3x3, just like 5x5 is not case as 1x1.

I've managed to do the 25 kills within an hour legit by grinding out Factory as a Duo so it isn't too difficult in 3 hours, IMO.
But if you think 2x4 is so important it's just a need then you need to work to get it :P

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
VladThePad
9 minutes ago, LethalsLoaded said:

Who said the quest is meant to be easy? It's meant to be a challenge - it's not a required quest, so if it's above your skill capacity don't do it! :P

Have you done the quest? If so, how does my theoretical number crunch stand up against a real world example? Assuming of course you used your skill capacity to brute force it. Talk us through how it's gone down for you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Djent_
1 minute ago, LethalsLoaded said:

Obviously 2x3 is not same as 2x4 or 3x3, just like 5x5 is not case as 1x1.

I've managed to do the 25 kills within an hour legit by grinding out Factory as a Duo so it isn't too difficult in 3 hours, IMO.
But if you think 2x4 is so important it's just a need then you need to work to get it :P

 

Sure I'd rather work- farming rare loot for the task rather than finding 1 bear in every 3 raids. I haven't actually got up to the task yet either, but a time limit is completely unnecessary.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...
b38e7c858218a416ef714554dce933a2