Unpacking game files stuck at 100%

QuantumNova

QuantumNova

As the title says, The game files do not unpack and get stuck at 100%. Ive uninstalled and removed all files and folders relating to EFT and reinstalled but its still getting stuck...Has anyone found a fix?

Thanks in advance

SleeplessLuna

Sounds like the normal thing that happens when you don't run the launcher as an administrator. If you don't the unpacking files just loops and keeps on trying even though it does not have the permission to do so.

On 12/6/2017 at 11:35 PM, SleeplessLuna said:

Sounds like the normal thing that happens when you don't run the launcher as an administrator. If you don't the unpacking files just loops and keeps on trying even though it does not have the permission to do so.

Any other solutions apart from running as admin or uninstalling and reinstalling? I have tried these so many time and it just wont get off unpacking game files!! :(

• 2 weeks later...

Well any solution to this? I am having the same issue :( game unpack got stuck at 100% and showing 4 sec left. I fi exit and launch the game from .exe it is showing wrong taxonomy error inside the game. Please help!!!

I have the same issue. tried everything but the Launcher stucks at 100% and says Unpacking game files (left 1 second...) 

Installed everything new without AntiVir and disabeled Firewalls, but it doesn't help at all...

• 2 weeks later...

PROBLEM SOLVED:

The launcher seems to have an issue with installing the game to a place other than the default location (possibly a key registry issue).

Previously, I was using the 'kill task' fix at the 100% stage as a workaround to run the game directly, however, this latest patch as of today that will not work anymore. After some searching online and a bit of troubshooting I came to a solution,

I completed uninstalled the game from my computer and re-downloaded the files (not sure if this step is required). Then, just install the game as per normal and do not edit the install location. Voila, game should install.

I have not tested if the files can be moved afterwards. Hope this helps.

High_On_Mmr

nothing can fix it for me.

reinstall wont work (removed it with revo), i changed/not changed the location, even unplugged my power cord when it was at 4 sec left.

time wont fix it and at this point i dont know what else to do!

should i reinstall windows to play or what?????

16 minutes ago, High_On_Mmr said:

should i reinstall windows to play or what?????

Well, first I'd ask if you did everything I stated, i.e. complete uninstall/reinstall. Also make sure that your launcher (after installed, but before opening) has administrative rights in Windows. Make sure your hard drive also has enough room for the files to unpack correctly (you should always have at least 10% of a HDD unused).

Am 25.12.2017 um 23:57 schrieb Daltron:

I have tried all of the fixes for this and none work :( i have room, run it as admin but nothing works

vor 17 Stunden schrieb Coops07:

Well, first I'd ask if you did everything I stated, i.e. complete uninstall/reinstall. Also make sure that your launcher (after installed, but before opening) has administrative rights in Windows. Make sure your hard drive also has enough room for the files to unpack correctly (you should always have at least 10% of a HDD unused).

Installing on the natural path worked for me. Thanks sooo much.

• 3 weeks later...

Bull poo the dev's should fix the issue of installing the game on a different hard drive. Not all people have 50+ GB to place on the C drive. Is there any other solution?

• 2 weeks later...
iGoodLifeNL
4 minutes ago, Giocattolo012 said:

Also having same issue, trying to install on storage drive stops me playing the game? are you kidding me?  Fix this

Have you tried to only delete the files that are inside the cache folder. and then launching the launcher as admin.

Regards,

Giocattolo012

Too late in the day for me to be stuffing around with it just installed in default dir, after work tomorrow ill delete and try my choice of dir and try your fix, let you know

• 2 weeks later...