TarkovEscaper

Information about Alpha testing launch

5 minutes ago, Protector said:

The alpha will run until they believe it's passed the alpha stage and no longer need our help! Stop panicking, all EOD players won't be in for weeks so expect it to be running for longer than a month.

I sure hope so. Minimum of 2 weeks to whenever they feel it necessary to close the Alpha. It is very possible 2 weeks go by and you finally get a download link, and find out you only get 1 or 2 days to play before the Alpha closes.

Edited by SMOKE911
Explain a little better

41 minutes ago, Mithion said:

I don't see why people are complaining about not being prioritized with EoD. You didn't pay to get in before all the other editions, you just payed for a guaranteed chance to get in.

actually yes, guaranteed means 100%, so before all other 2 editions, and they only have 1 chance like the Dev said...but everyone in the pirority in the Q with EOD....

15 minutes ago, SMOKE911 said:

The way it works is whomever requested to get into the Alpha first has the highest chance to get in the first few waves. Once you get into a wave, your in the Alpha until it ends. I am sure throughout the next few waves, the Devs will filter through EoD members and the rest of the people that Pre-Ordered to make sure they get in as well, but its still first come first serve, so not everyone is going to have equal time in the Alpha. Even people that have not purchased any per-orders are getting in.

I believe that all of EoD members should be getting into the alpha first regardless of when they purchased their pre order. $140 is not a small amount of money even more so when the game is not being dev'd by a triple AAA company. We have payed a lot of money with the idea that we would get into alpha when it started. yes the package info said we would be in it no matter what and it did not state if we were going to be at the start, but it also did not say we would not be in it at the start. Is it selfish that i think those that payed $140+ depending on region should be getting in first? Yes, It is. is my judgement biased? very much so. just let us all download the game at 20kbs. It will still finish downloading before we get access to alpha anyway. Edit. Need vodka after this useless rant

Edited by LittleLaiLai

Well think about waves this way .... 1st wave 1k people ... they polish the laucher/game and after 2 days  2nd wave anothre 1k in ... but if they belive that game is stable enought then 2nd wave can be 2k players or 1,5k :) ... in the end all of us will be in :) soo stop spamming  the same questions over and over again.... and wait in line like others :)

je to jak fronta na banány stačí vydržet :D

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, RudySanErik said:

Well think about waves this way .... 1st wave 1k people ... they polish the laucher/game and after 2 days  2nd wave anothre 1k in ... but if they belive that game is stable enought then 2nd wave can be 2k players or 1,5k :) ... in the end all of us will be in :) soo stop spamming  the same questions over and over again.... and wait in line like others :)

je to jak fronta na banány stačí vydržet :D

Fronta na banány je minulostí a taky by to tak mělo zůstat. To co předvádí je směšný. Patience young padawan

5 minutes ago, weron1212 said:

Fronta na banány je minulostí a taky by to tak mělo zůstat. To co předvádí je směšný. Patience young padawan

I feel ya brother

Souhlas kámo

2 hours ago, anonymousREX said:

Here's my gripe. @TarkovEscaper why wasnt this brought up in the Order Page when purchasing? If it was stated Alpha would be distributed in waves depending on date of purchase then people would be able to better plan out for this. When it was announced that August 4th would be the Alpha date (2 months ahead of time) that should've been included at the latest. That way everyone is aware that they are buying this and understand that they will have wait X amount of time before being able to gain access. This is almost as bad as Hello Games recently tweeting that the PC date for No Mans Sky is the 12th instead of the 9th. And if it truly is 1000 (maybe a little more) per wave then your estimate of 2 weeks before everyone is in is way off. there are a f%$k-ton of people that pre-ordered this game. Cant imagine how many of them are EOD owners.

Gaming companies just don't care anymore big or small. Ubisoft's President once said "all gamers are cheats or thieves." Yet why does it always seem that the gaming exec's are the biggest?

2 hours ago, shadonic said:

thanks for opening this thread, sadly i didn't see it quick enough.

i have a quick question if you don't mind.

i'm used to closed alphas that can't be bought into, so players actually get invited in waves to participate, no promises there.

But after preordering the EOD i was wondering how the alpha testing will be handled.
Does every EOD pre-order get the same amount of testing time?
You've said that Pre-orders will get invited in waves, does that mean they will only be invited for that particular wave, or will they remain for the length of the testing period?

I understand that i have guranteed participation in alpha and also that other pre-order packs have a chance to participate, but i don't know if i'll actually get the same time to test then other pre-order alpha testers.

by my logic, if 2 persons pay 150€ for something, they're entitled to the exact same content, but it has gotten very unclear after the announcement of the alpha wave invites.

thanks in advance

They have already stated they value early support first. You are out of luck. We all should have bought lower packs instead of helping them out monetarily.

1 hour ago, shadonic said:

i understand the wave thing, i don't mind.as i said i'm used to such invitation procedures.
but it is very unclear how each wave will work, or if every person will have equal testing terms.

i've checked around the forum etc. but couldn't find any source saying that once you're in, you'll stay until the end.

the main problem with this is, if 2 persons bought into "guranteed" alpha access but one of them gets only 1 week while the other gets a full month, this will steer some problems, as it wasn't mentioned before buying the product.

that's why i want a clear and 100% honest to god answer from the team who has insight on this.

The language communication problem here will prohibit an accurate answer. Sorry.

1 hour ago, LittleLaiLai said:

I believe that all of EoD members should be getting into the alpha first regardless of when they purchased their pre order. $140 is not a small amount of money even more so when the game is not being dev'd by a triple AAA company. We have payed a lot of money with the idea that we would get into alpha when it started. yes the package info said we would be in it no matter what and it did not state if we were going to be at the start, but it also did not say we would not be in it at the start. Is it selfish that i think those that payed $140+ depending on region should be getting in first? Yes, It is. is my judgement biased? very much so. just let us all download the game at 20kbs. It will still finish downloading before we get access to alpha anyway. Edit. Need vodka after this useless rant

Yes my opinion as well, Poor a shot for me while we see were the card fall and decide our course as consumers. A great saying in business is "the customer is always right" Words to live and die by in business.

18 minutes ago, C2Gesaubro said:

They have already stated they value early support first. You are out of luck. We all should have bought lower packs instead of helping them out monetarily.

The language communication problem here will prohibit an accurate answer. Sorry.

i actually don't mind them taking in early supporters first.i don't mind if i get invited into the last wave of alpha testers at all if it has to come down to it.
i really like the game from what i've seen since way back when the first tech videos etc. came out.
i bought the EOD version because i actually want to support them, would've done so even if there wasn't guranteed alpha access or alpha access at all.

but aside from being a fan, i'm also a customer and when i do buy something, i just like to have more transparency.
for the longest time, i was thinking 4th august actually marks the guranteed access time for all EOD packages, turns out it's different now, i'm cool with that, don't really mind other packs getting in before me aswell.

but imagine buying guranteed access to something like many others and it turns out you got the smallest piece of the cake.

that's why i say, i'm not used to payed alphas, when i got into the last wave of an alpha i actually registered for and had less time testing, everything is fair play, but when i pay for something like everyone else, i expect the same treatment.

if alpha access would't have been on the package list, everything would be cool, but there is money on the line here, so i do actually expect them to communicate with us properly, language barrier isn't enough of a excuse to me, since they also want to sell their product in our market.

i know parts of my post might come around like a rant, but really, i'm just trying to get some insight on this issue.

Edited by shadonic
grammar :X
  • Upvote 2

1 minute ago, shadonic said:

i actually don't mind them taking in early supporters first.i don't mind if i get invited into the last wave of alpha testers at all if it has to come down to it.
i really like the game from what i've seen since way back when the first tech videos etc. came out.
i bought the EOD version because i actually want to support them, would've done so even if there wasn't guranteed alpha access or alpha access at all.

but aside from being a fan, i'm also a customer and when i do buy something, i just like to have more transparency.
for the longest time, i was thinking 4th august actually marks the guranteed access time for all EOD packages, turns out it's different now, i'm cool with that, don't really mind other packs getting in before me aswell.

but imagine buying guranteed access to something like many others and it turns out you got the smallest piece of the cake.

that's why i say, i'm not used to payed alphas, when i got into the last wave of an alpha i actually registered for and had less time testing, everything is fair play, but when i pay for something like everyone else, i expect the same treatment.

if alpha access would't have been on the package list, everything would be cool, but there is money on the line here, so i do actually expect them to communicate with us properly, language barrier isn't enough of a excuse to me, since the also want to sell there product in our market.

i know parts of my post might come round like a rant, but really, i'm just trying to get some insight on this issue.

First very well said. I don't want anyone to misunderstand me. I believe the same thing and possibilities for this game as you. That being said I have been @kwahamoT and @Drakkaar with other Indie developers. I am trying to push for better communication and point out a very...very.....very.....poor decision. I have seen those other Indie developers crash and burn from a Community far more passionate about that game than anyone here can understand. Don't throw it in the face of your biggest supporters, they in the end might have the last say.

49 minutes ago, C2Gesaubro said:

Gaming companies just don't care anymore big or small. Ubisoft's President once said "all gamers are cheats or thieves." Yet why does it always seem that the gaming exec's are the biggest?

Yes my opinion as well, Poor a shot for me while we see were the card fall and decide our course as consumers. A great saying in business is "the customer is always right" Words to live and die by in business.

Agreed let us drink together comrade and hope for the best 

21 minutes ago, C2Gesaubro said:

First very well said. I don't want anyone to misunderstand me. I believe the same thing and possibilities for this game as you. That being said I have been @kwahamoT and @Drakkaar with other Indie developers. I am trying to push for better communication and point out a very...very.....very.....poor decision. I have seen those other Indie developers crash and burn from a Community far more passionate about that game than anyone here can understand. Don't throw it in the face of your biggest supporters, they in the end might have the last say.

i think the communication in here is pretty good so far,
atleast i see many mod replies and even the dev replies more frequently then i'm used to from other gaming boards.
my only real issue is lack of transparency with certain information, but very important ones.
But i'm sure that is something that'll get sorted out aswell eventually.
i understand they're under heavy pressure right now because of the alpha.
this marks the first time the game will be tested by a larger amount of players, and obviously they want to leave a good first impression, even if it's just an alpha.

i can just hope they'll keep on actively communicating like they do now, even after the game has officialy released.
i've seen many game devs be very active before a game launches but turn a blind eye after it has released.

6 minutes ago, Apocaliptica said:

thanks, but these information should've been in some newsletter or right in the purchase informations for  all purchasers like months ago and not here hidden in the forums :/

Exactly it was hidden hence the discontent.

• Upvote 1

Indeed. it should have been on the purchase page that buying EoD did not mean we would instantly be in the alpha right at the start instead of having to wait even longer while others who didnt even purchase EoD get into the alpha because they purchased the game earlier than we did. It would not be hard at all to have put that on the purchase information however i would assume in doing so less people would want to buy EoD perhaps? and instead opt to just wait for closed beta.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, SnakeHeadNL said:

just a quick question what do u do if u obtain a key or how to download this game

do u get a confirmation link ? to download or does it appear in the profile

You will receive an email containing these information.

8 minutes ago, LittleLaiLai said:

Indeed. it should have been on the purchase page that buying EoD did not mean we would instantly be in the alpha right at the start instead of having to wait even longer while others who didnt even purchase EoD get into the alpha because they purchased the game earlier than we did. It would not be hard at all to have put that on the purchase information however i would assume in doing so less people would want to buy EoD perhaps? and instead opt to just wait for closed beta.

+1

9 minutes ago, LittleLaiLai said:

This is what is commonly called a bait and switch. Yes nowhere does it say when EOD members will get in the Alpha but it was defiantly implied they would be before the other packs. You should see the Russian Forums. It is actually quite calm over here.

If I don't have the Alpha application form in my profile, does it mean I wasn't selected for Alpha testing, or can it still show up? Would be understandable because I only have the "Left Behind"-Edition. Just want to know if I can stop refreshing the page.

7 hours ago, TarkovEscaper said:

I want to clear some things and tell you that first wave of testers is 1000 players (the general number of all regions) and already have access to the test, closed Alpha forum. And we are already creating patch for the bugs they've found.

I want to remind you of how the waves are being created - we pick people according to the preorder date, from each region, each 1-2 days. If you doesn't have email with download link, but already signed NDA - your time haven't come yet.

We've passed barrier with Alpha luanch and now game will recieve updates, bugfixes, new features and such.

You may ask your questions regarding this topic and i will try to answer them, but i may disappear, as i have tons of tasks regarding Alpha and project overall.

Thx for the update on what is going on and i love the way you guys halde it with the delay of the provider of the downloads of the alpha

3 minutes ago, Stormhawk V said:

If I don't have the Alpha application form in my profile, does it mean I wasn't selected for Alpha testing, or can it still show up? Would be understandable because I only have the "Left Behind"-Edition. Just want to know if I can stop refreshing the page.

I believe they've already selected all the alpha testers. I would say you're out of luck, unless you want to upgrade to EoD. :/

Edited by Mithion