FishnFurNubs

Weapon Strap

I have been wondering what the current use of a secondary weapon is and I can't really seem to find one. Yes there are some minor uses like if you bring in a sniper rifle it's nice to have, but in the thick of combat it is useless to switch to. 

I looked it up and stumbled on this thread: 

In the video attached it shows a weapon strap and some ideas for what the animation might look like. However you could probably simplify it to make the gun just fall to your side and have access to your pistol much quicker. 

It seems like this would be a very welcomed feature to have access to a weapon strap attachment that you need to find or buy to have access. Hopefully people will like this idea or if the dev's think of some other way to compensate for this feature. 

Thanks for reading! 

slings-6.jpg

60720a_162a3ebc67754411aa358fc880350a89_mv2.jpg

Edited by FishnFurNubs
  • Upvote 2

Switching to the sidearm should definitely be quicker. If I understand correctly that's the whole point of carrying a sidearm to begin with, to switch to it fast in situations where a reload would not be practical to do.

• Upvote 1

This is going to be more of an opinion rather than anything factual because at the end of the day, Certain techniques come down to personal preference and there really isn't anything inherently wrong (except Weaver stance). 

In reference to the other video in the separate thread. When transitioning I see the value of keeping your secondary on the target, The issue you have is you lack an accurate (two hands), effective means of shooting your secondary, however the idea of throwing your weapon overhead is not exactly a smart move. If you're running slick it could work, however If you're wearing kit (Chest Rig, Plate Carrier, helmet ect) It's going to get caught up on all of your poo. 

The two videos below demonstrated Transition movements that would be far more practical (for kit). However these are already in game with the current transitions. 

Keep in mind, Single and Double point slings will both work for weapon transitions and there is very minimal difference between the two.

Edited by Tactical_Fister
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Tactical_Fister said:

This is going to be more of an opinion rather than anything factual because at the end of the day, Certain techniques come down to personal preference and there really isn't anything inherently wrong (except Weaver stance). 

In reference to the other video in the separate thread. When transitioning I see the value of keeping your secondary on the target, The issue you have is you lack an accurate (two hands), effective means of shooting your secondary, however the idea of throwing your weapon overhead is not exactly a smart move. If you're running slick it could work, however If you're wearing kit (Chest Rig, Plate Carrier, helmet ect) It's going to get caught up on all of your poo. 

The two videos below demonstrated Transition movements that would be far more practical (for kit). However these are already in game with the current transitions. 

Keep in mind, Single and Double point slings will both work for weapon transitions and there is very minimal difference between the two.

Couldnt agree with you more. The bottom video is the way it should be.

2 minutes ago, FishnFurNubs said:

Couldnt agree with you more. The bottom video is the way it should be.

In either case, It's already modeled in game (technically) I was testing it out earlier, However the transition is not as quick. Simple 'fix' would be to decrease time required to swap from Rifle to Handgun 

Just now, Tactical_Fister said:

In either case, It's already modeled in game (technically) I was testing it out earlier, However the transition is not as quick. Simple 'fix' would be to decrease time required to swap from Rifle to Handgun 

Ah okay I see what you mean. Hopefully they address this. It would  be cool to if as you master your gun you can swap quicker either with a different animation or a quicker animation.

2 hours ago, Vortex_Bear said:

Switching to the sidearm should definitely be quicker. If I understand correctly that's the whole point of carrying a sidearm to begin with, to switch to it fast in situations where a reload would not be practical to do.

Not quite. There are some rare cases where it's more practical and faster to switch to a side arm rather than reload, but in the vast majority of cases a side arm is so much weaker, less accurate, and harder to get to than a simple magazine that it becomes impractical to even think about it. 

A lot of soldiers just plain don't carry a side arm at all, and that's how it's been throughout most of history. They're just generally not necessary. 

The only real value of a side arm is the fact that it can act as a side arm, an arm that you can switch to if your primary arm malfunctions, gets damaged, runs out of ammo, or is otherwise taken out of action. 

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Keter said:

Not quite. There are some rare cases where it's more practical and faster to switch to a side arm rather than reload, but in the vast majority of cases a side arm is so much weaker, less accurate, and harder to get to than a simple magazine that it becomes impractical to even think about it. 

A lot of soldiers just plain don't carry a side arm at all, and that's how it's been throughout most of history. They're just generally not necessary. 

The only real value of a side arm is the fact that it can act as a side arm, an arm that you can switch to if your primary arm malfunctions, gets damaged, runs out of ammo, or is otherwise taken out of action. 

Way I've always been taught, Is the only purpose of your Sidearm is to get back to your rifle. Army wise the only guy's who actually get sidearms in the Combat Arms world are Staff Officers, and people like medics and tankers. 

• Thanks 1