Blackb1rd

New Year Event in Escape from Tarkov

Can we expect wipes during OBT/Live? Because if so, then the progress would mean nothing, and constantly restarting may feel tedious.

Battle State Games God Bless you cant wait for all the dip shits to get there hands on the game that say pay to win so we can once and for all put a bullet in there heads in game and shut them up about a game they dont know about becuase they dont play just run there mouth about. Remember  EFT community Aim for there mouth 

Edited by FrOgM72

19 hours ago, rimaX said:

So in your head, a beta test is always a full version of the game? Well, you're completely wrong.

And contrary to the "betas" that the tripple A titles are running these days, EFT is actually doing beta TESTING like it is meant to be. Have you ever participated in an actual alpha test before? Calling this an open alpha... Pff... 

Yes, specifically the EFT Alpha. Believe me, not a whole lot has changed. Beta phase software and testing is used to describe Feature or Content complete projects.

Currently also playing Battletech a crowdfunded game, which is in Beta phase and totally falls within that description. Also Counter Strike's Beta while it was still considered a mod (but you may be too young for that), MWO beta a few years back, SQUAD (current) which is in Alpha and -holy crap- a whole lot much more content than EFT... I could go on, but you get the idea.

Learn a thing or two about respect (of which, you'll get none from me) before you get your little dookie-stained paws on a keyboard.

Edited by Cypherdrene
  • Sad 1

On 07/12/2017 at 1:09 PM, Blackb1rd said:

We announce the final stage of the technical preparations for the Open Beta Testing of Escape from Tarkov. Thuswise, starting December 28 and over a few weeks, we'll conduct load testing of game servers in order to adjust processing for a large number of new players at the start of the OBT in the beginning of 2018.

For this purpose, we have planned a New Year event, which will give free access to the game to a part of users who are registered on the official website of the project (www.escapefromtarkov.com/registration) but are not playing yet. 7-day access to the game will be granted to a part of the players, who will be picked randomly among the total number of subscribers, with a bias for those who have been registered earlier.

Within a week after the event launch, the game will be available for purchase with a 25% discount, which is effective for all types of transactions (purchases, package upgrades, and gifts).

Moreover, every user who has already purchased access to the game or bought the game during the 7 days of the event, is guaranteed to receive additional game gear with the ability to restore it up to 6 months after each profile wipe, including a manual one.

Along with that, players who have joined the testing before the launch of Closed Beta (July 28, 2017), will also receive:

• Two 7-day access keys and the opportunity to share them with friends during the week.

Players who have preordered the game prior to the Alpha Test (August 5, 2016), additionally receive:

• Promo code for the Standard Edition of the game
  • and two 7-day access keys and the opportunity to share them with friends during the week.

Also, we announce that forthcoming updates, which will be released before the end of the year, will include the full version of the Shoreline map, new weapons and items, as well as new features such as the new spawn and extraction system, dynamic weapon size change, helmet customization system and improved headwear slots, the redesigned system of weapon mastering, dog tags and other features, which will be explained in more detail in the near future.

In early 2018, with the launch of OBT, the game will be further expanded with advanced game mechanics, and some of the existing ones will be redesigned. Moreover, players shall expect further optimization of the graphics and network components, as well as the new Interchange location and additional game content.

At this point, users purchasing any game package get access to the Beta testing and can start playing immediately after purchase.

Learn more about the project testing plans and the estimated completion time frame, and purchase the game on the official website of the project https://www.escapefromtarkov.com/preorder-page .

By following our official Twitter, you will get the current announcements about in-game events and scheduled maintenance works https://twitter.com/BetaEFT or https://twitter.com/bstategames .

• Chinese translation of the news can be found here. Thanks to Emissary of Hong Kong @Hazel
  • Polish translation of the news can be found here. Thanks to Emissary of Poland @TheWay
  • French translation of the news can be found here. Thanks to Emissary of France @LePatrick
  • Finnish translation of the news can be found here. Thanks to Emissary of Scandinavia @sp3edie
  • Czech translation of the news can be found here. Thanks to Emissary of Czech/Slovakia @PugMonk
  • Greek translation of the news can be found here. Thanks to Emissary of Greece @VinceVega
  • Portuguese version of the news can be found here. Thanks to Emissary of Brazil @dimittri4gc
  • Italian version of the news can be found here. Thanks to Emissary of Italy @baggio
  • German translation of the news can be found here. Thanks to Emissary of Germany @ramjid
  • Turkish translation of the news can be found here. Thanks to Emissary of Turkey @Dimitri468

Social_1Var_En.png

On 07/12/2017 at 1:09 PM, Blackb1rd said:

helmet customization system

helmet customization system

Ooooooo is there any more detail on this???

Along with that, players who have joined the testing before the launch of Closed Beta (July 28, 2017), will also receive:

Two 7-day access keys and the opportunity to share them with friends during the week.

Players who have preordered the game prior to the Alpha Test (August 5, 2016), additionally receive:

Promo code for the Standard Edition of the game

and two 7-day access keys and the opportunity to share them with friends during the week.

did some one already get the codes becouse i did not get any think or do i need to redeem it

On 11/12/2017 at 9:37 PM, Mr_McLaggerson said:

When the 25% discount hits can i still buy the EoD Edition?

If its still around. Like the name says its a limited edition and the main advantage was the access to alpha testing. Now thats no longer a relevant the devs will eventually discontinue the EOD. Possibly during open beta phase. Feel free to wait for the discount and i hope you don't get burned

just to ask I got the EOD LE pack a long time ago, do I get a game code in the new year to give to someone? hope so my pal not having a good time at the min this will cheer him up. Very nice work fellas, don't get to drunk over Christmas :) 

Beer-clip-art-black-and-white-free-clipart-images.jpg

48 minutes ago, Joker47 said:

just to ask I got the EOD LE pack a long time ago, do I get a game code in the new year to give to someone?

Depends how early. As stated in the OP, you get a standard key if you pre ordered before the start of alpha

42 minutes ago, MrTB89 said:

Will there be a christmas-sale? 

There will be a 25% sale when this event starts. Not saying it will be christmas as this is a new year event

Are wipes planned after release of the game? Will we be able to progress and level our characters with no fear of loss? I am couple levels from 50 now and play nearly daily, skills are close to max, but I am not sure if I will hit 50 before wipe, so its quite stressful to start over and over again and again; I would not like to have this often wipes in release version of the game.

hey could anyone tell me what this means, I am a little confused. "Moreover, every user who has already purchased access to the game or bought the game during the 7 days of the event, is guaranteed to receive additional game gear with the ability to restore it up to 6 months after each profile wipe, including a manual one."

14 minutes ago, UnseemlyDuck424 said:

hey could anyone tell me what this means, I am a little confused. "Moreover, every user who has already purchased access to the game or bought the game during the 7 days of the event, is guaranteed to receive additional game gear with the ability to restore it up to 6 months after each profile wipe, including a manual one."

We will get some additional starting gear, that will restore with global or manual wipe up to 6 months from now.

4 hours ago, passenger00 said:

Are wipes planned after release of the game? Will we be able to progress and level our characters with no fear of loss? I am couple levels from 50 now and play nearly daily, skills are close to max, but I am not sure if I will hit 50 before wipe, so its quite stressful to start over and over again and again; I would not like to have this often wipes in release version of the game.

Nope, once the game is released there will be no more global wipes. As far as I can tell, the ability to manually wipe your own account will still be there.

vor 8 Minuten schrieb Beastmoder:

So if we paid to play in the closed beta we have to pay to play in the open beta as well?

No, it doesn't say that anywhere. If you own the game you can just keep playing in the Open Beta as you did before.