Antidean

Forum Moderation Team hires again!

25 minutes ago, Leitbild said:

Is this Imgur or what? For people attempting to be Mods, you guys went kindah off topic real quick.

Exactly. I understand the application asks about cats, but this does not mean this post is for posting pics of animals. Please keep things on topic

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Leitbild said:

Is this Imgur or what? For people attempting to be Mods, you guys went kindah off topic real quick.

Less competition. Anyway good luck to all! 

15 minutes ago, Electromech said:

Is this a paid position? I don't see who you will attract that's mature enough to do this for free..

But who complains about free labor i guess...

A lot of games/communities run the same thing. Moderator teams are teams of volunteers who simply want to help the game/project.
P.S. Apologize for earlier topic derailment, thought some positivity wouldn't hurt.

Edited by Borscht
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Borscht said:

A lot of games/communities run the same thing. Moderator teams are teams of volunteers who simply want to help the game/project.
P.S. Apologize for earlier topic derailment, thought some positivity wouldn't hurt.

All good, just didn't want the topic to continue its way downhill and original meaning be lost in an abyss of cuteness xD

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Leitbild said:

I am curious tho, when will the applicants know the outcome of this? With the start of the OBT?

I would imagine soon, you need to get a feel for the forums and get setup before the rush of OBT, I think that is why the applications opened up early, just to get people settled in before the spamfest of new questions and new people.

We will give it until this coming weekend then close application acceptance. After this we will review the applicants and get a list of those accepted

• Upvote 1

Applications are looking good. Keep them coming guys. Also, we are considering going from only 15 new trials to 20 due to the number of applicants. But not all of them will be passed on to full moderators.

Thank you, everyone!

• Like 1

On 12/10/2017 at 10:18 PM, Electromech said:

Is this a paid position? I don't see who you will attract that's mature enough to do this for free..

But who complains about free labor i guess...

Our community managers were volunteers once without it being paid and I'd say they are more than mature enough.

Non-mature applicants don't pass the probation period.

Why on Earth should a Moderator be paid? I mean, i am and was active in alot of different websites and Mods even Admins are most of the time just Free Volunteers. People shouldnt become mods with the intention to "Gain" anything, they should apply because they want the Forum clean.

• Upvote 1