Sign in to follow this  
ObiWayne

More players per map?

ObiWayne

I think we could have more fun if there were more pmcs allowed on each map and/or if the matchmaking would put equally sized teams against each other. Me and some mates are doing 5-man runs on a daily basis on customs and I feel like killing the same hatchlings and scavs over and over again. Sure, I'm enjoying to get out with a lot of loot most of the time but I miss intense firefights. Sure, there are some PMC's but we almost never encounter another geared 5-man squad in our raids.

Is this prior to change?

Nephhh

Go lonewolf, you will have intense fight. But maybe you are too scared for that and you need your 4 buddies

• Like 3
  • Cold 2
  • Upvote 1

Highlen

pfft their severs can barely handle the players on the maps now...plus just lone wolf it your squad is taken more  pmc spots so less pvp...

Edited by Highlen

nachtmaere

Beep boop

Free roam is, atleast according to the FAQ, a planned feature for the future, will include an absurdly large map (Possibly incorporating all maps), with no time limit, and assumedly a very high player count.

Skovhesten

Try going smaller amounts of people - i usually do 2-3 anything above that isn't fun. We've had many encounters with 5 man squads

Satah
23 hours ago, nachtmaere said:

Free roam is, atleast according to the FAQ, a planned feature for the future, will include an absurdly large map (Possibly incorporating all maps), with no time limit, and assumedly a very high player count.

Free roam or open world is nothing but PR bs.

This game cannot even handle 10 players per match on fairly small maps. The bigger maps already eat away your RAM and a full match is already full of desync. There is absolutely no way it will ever support bigger matches, unless they downgrade the game to much shittier graphics and simpler maps or switch Unity to a better game engine with less restrictions and better performance.

There will never be a free roam on huge maps with more players, I can assure you that. It's technically impossible with that level of competence.

Gr8WhiteBuffalo

Definitely gets intense all by your lonesome in the bush... goin full John Clark mode. :uninja:

Satah
11 minutes ago, HTX said:

Larger maps utilize a type of procedural generation where it loads the most relevant data to each user at any given time. You don't have to constantly have the entire map/world sitting in RAM. You'd pre-load the entire thing while joining.

1. Procedural generation is something completely different.
  2. Your last 2 sentences are contradicting each other for the point you are trying to make.
  3. Dynamic loading of assets takes quite a bit of processing - something that EfT doesn't have left anymore. The game is already hitting limits at the current state and the Unity engine is not exactly known for its efficiency. I can assure you that bigger maps and matches won't work for EfT anymore without significant downgrades or some loading screens/sequences in between. Anybody with experience in this area will confirm you that.

Geoshot
9 hours ago, Satah said:
  1. Procedural generation is something completely different.
  2. Your last 2 sentences are contradicting each other for the point you are trying to make.
  3. Dynamic loading of assets takes quite a bit of processing - something that EfT doesn't have left anymore. The game is already hitting limits at the current state and the Unity engine is not exactly known for its efficiency. I can assure you that bigger maps and matches won't work for EfT anymore without significant downgrades or some loading screens/sequences in between. Anybody with experience in this area will confirm you that.

Then why is Rust able to support 500 player servers completely cluttered in player constructed bases on the exact same engine?

Joining a Rust server takes about the same length of time as joining a single instance on EFT. Over time BSG will improve this for sure.

Edited by Geoshot