Sign in to follow this  
TanithScout

Will we ever be allowed to buy scripts/full loadouts?

TanithScout

So I feel I'm reaching the end of the current EFT beta experience.

I am high level, all traders maxed (or they would be if Prapor didn't trick me with his Fort. Lessons learnt...) and can farm all the money I'd ever need. I've leveled my soft skills and while they aren't all maxed, they are high level and I play completely legit (no intentional dehydration then spamming meds...). I just hunt now and farm money/lvl skills. As it should be imo.

So eventually I die, because yolo,and find that it takes me a long time to re-gear and get back into a raid. Like, a really long, tedious time. It's fun at the start and while equipment is valuable, but at my stage, nothing is valuable and everything is readily available.

Which got me thinking, it would be really useful if after achieving max level traders, each trader gave us 1 'auto buy' where we can pre-determine a load out OURSELVES, pay for it, and it gets sent to us either directly into our stash if we have space, or works like an insurance screen where we can just drag it into our stash. Effectively this would be, in game terms, a buy script or macro where we click 1 button and have a certain predetermined by us loadout sent somehow. So for me this would be ideal:

1. MF/farm gear 1 -  Paca/MBSS/Silenced TT parts (or 3 of each, see below)
2. Recon AK - Kiver/Vest/Bag/Paca/Comtacs/AK74N + potentially mods too
3. Combat Supplies -  600rnd 5.45 BS/PRS ammo, 3 RGD's, 4 60rnd AK mags
4. Meds - 3 Salewa, 6 Painkillers, 6 Splints

You get the point. It could be perhaps limited at first and then allow us to buy more weapon mods so we'd still have to interact with the traders that way and add a further grind for those who want it, but be totally optional and offer no advantage over those who do not want it. Could also help stimulate the (currently nonexistant) ingame economy if these quests require items. Waiting with baited breath to see what the ig economy turns out like. Furthermore, it might need to be bulk like I've done in the examples because the traders, despite being loyal to you, will still not go the extra mile for you unless it's worth their while. They are already making an exception for you by supplying you rather than you coming to them like we do currently, so if you want the special treatment you need to make it worth it for them and buy in bulk OR pay them every 24hours 10/20/30k roubles depending on the additional level of supply quests you have done after maxing them.

So there could also be this extra level of 'supply' quests or errands for each trader, totally optional, and after max level is achieved, where the reward is an extra 'load out' or ability to purchase the mods for a weapon not just the weapon itself.

I have tons of ideas but there's no point typing them all up, I just felt this one is something that is really lacking in game right now and people tend to focus on other things right now.

Edited by TanithScout
sausage fingers
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

FenrirInu

Yeah this would be nice, if not a whole loadout purchase, you could buy multiple items in one purchase, like all the modification for an m4 at peacekeeper.

Issue is the game doesn't really manage your items, like when you need to hand over something for a quest you have to manually tick it in to proceed. Actually prompts that you can choose what item to keep and trade.

Buying could function like selling now, drag the stuff you want to the middle, click proceed, fill the amount of money needed, then finish the purchase. Would make my life easier.

LordVIP3R

Yeah it's definitely a great idea, I think there has been mention of like a "class" type of thing, we're you setup preset loadouts etc, however nothing concrete has been confirmed.

There's also been quite a lot of chitter chatter about different types of 'gear prep' mods/tools/kits, etc. such as magazine loaders and such, because at the moment loading mags with multiple round types (tracers and armour piercing) is a really tedious, time consuming process.

Shauneok

I prefer the idea of having the ability to set what order ammo is loaded into mags. Like last 5 rounds tracer and a mix of PP and HP ammo.

mrnewbie3127

u can make your own auto buy loadout scripts using autohotkey ? 

takes a bit of time but worth it if u are buying the same things each time u lose yuor gear 

TanithScout

I don't think it would be wise to do that, given that you can be banned for using anything that even indirectly interacts with EFT's executable.

The anticheat can pick up on programs that aren't technically hacks and ban you, for example there was a 3rd party program for singleplayer games that gave cheats etcs people were running on their computers while palying Tarkov, and have been banned.

Also, why would you advocate for 3rd party sites/programs for a game you supposedly bought into (and I'd assume support) when the game is in BETA and could potentially develope those systems into the game themselves?

Also as a sidenote, I'm seeing plenty complain about bugs and not much collaborative thinking for the road ahead. Bugs will be worked on in time, but we as testers can help with ideas that may not have been discussed in the BSG hideout...

Reloecc

As long as there are no traders physicaly present in the world, where you have to meet them, I don't think there is a reason to restrict some sort of quick buy by "1 buy per max level trader". As the inventory management, and shopping from the grid, won't be RP much ever.

I am not in the need of this feature, but still I would suggest it like this:

New merchant could provide a small stash with the specific interface to your hideout. You could upgrade its size from 10x2 to 10x7 with a tasks. You may drag & drop an items into the stash interface to make them "ghost" prints of the item. Layouts with the item sets could be named, saved and loaded in the stash. With a "proceed" button, and for the fee to the merchant, you could buy all items from the traders if the stash is empty. All obtainable items would be shipped into the stash in 5 mins (again, I don't see a reason to delay it, if it's rather an UX feature then RP one). Soon after you'll recieve an email with the list of undelivered items (those which the traders have not in stock). If some items remain ghost in the stash, you could try to buy them again.

In future, when player auction is present, merchant could offer you a possiblity to "buy from auction", where the confirmation dialog would pop first, and you would have to agree with the prices mechant offers you (based on the prices he can find in the auction).

Edited by Reloecc

PunchyMcBrithes

what id rly prefer and appreciate......

weapon SAVE slots - it will save a specific weapon loadout (components). and if all components will be availaible at traders, it will buy (for your credits) and constructe the weapon with 1 click.

• Like 1