Natalino

The Reap IR Thermal Scope - Coming to Tarkov

Hello, Escapers,

We now present to you, screenshots and gif of a new upcoming thermal scope Reap IR. It will cost about 1,000,000 ingame roubles and it will have limited working distance. Time to take down your enemies with a superior tactical scope. They can run but they can't hide.

Who was expecting this scope? Were you surprised?

Enjoy!

eft_reapIR_thermalscope_1.jpg

eft_reapIR_thermalscope_2.jpg

eft_reapIR_thermalscope_3.jpg

eft_reapIR_thermalscope_4.jpg

eft_reapIR_thermalscope_5.jpg

eft_reapIR_thermalscope_6.jpg

Gif

teplak.gif

• Polish translation of the news can be found here. Thanks to the Polish emissary @TheWay!
  • Portuguese translation of the news can be found here. Thanks to the Portuguese emissary @dimittri4gc!
  • Dutch translation of the news can be found here. Thanks to the Dutch Emissary @iGoodLifeNL
  • Chinese translation of the news can be found here. Thanks to the Hong Kong Emissary @Hazel!
  • Like 21
  • Thanks 2
  • Hot 22
  • Cold 3
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 15
  • Upvote 9

Oh snap. Who needs NVG, when you can just IR in the middle of the night? Omnomonom
Is it coming in the next update?

Edited by Borscht

so you're gonna add a scope to a game that already struggles to encourage people to bring in gear because they aren't very good and price it at 1mil? People barely bring NVG/Fort out. Re-think the price?

• Like 4
  • Cold 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 34

2 minutes ago, RSCV said:

so you're gonna add a scope to a game that already struggles to encourage people to bring in gear because they aren't very good and price it at 1mil? People barely bring NVG/Fort out. Re-think the price?

I don't know what your talking about, my group nightly runs full for/m4 and takes out similarly geared players/groups

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 6

4 minutes ago, RSCV said:

People barely bring Fort/NVG? I'm constantly coming across fully geared players with Fort/Helmet/M4/etc. And night missions you'll find many bring NVG too. THink there's a fair balance of players coming in geared and hatchlings, compared to the early days when the game was just swarmed with hatchlings and barely anyone geared up

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, RSCV said:

I don't know what runs you do, but I often come against geared people and my group runs full gear everyday. And for people that aren't good they need to practice more. Everyone sucks until you find a group to run with that teaches you how to play efficiently.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

I gotta admit, that its a bit much, but then again. I dont decide the prices and i think that is up to the developer to set and balance. :)

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Just now, AndrewtheSavage said:

I don't know what runs you do, but I often come against geared people and my group runs full gear everyday. And for people that aren't good they need to practice more. Everyone sucks until you find a group to run with that teaches you how to play efficiently.

Exactly. One of my group was really struggling to get gear and kept getting killed. Did a ton of solo runs, now plays better solo than in a group and has a pretty decent success rate. Just about learning the maps, noise, peoples preferred paths, etc. 

Really liking the low-pixel view of the scope, reminiscent of ARMA. Anybody know what the battery life is like on these IRL? It'd be interesting to see batteries run out after a long time of use on these types of items. Hoping flares get added too, they'd be an interesting counter the these and NVGs.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, AndrewtheSavage said:

wish i could get pmcs in my raid at all, i would be lucky to get 1 other person in factory with me day or night

1mil might be bit steep for a single scope, but then it will give you quite a bit of an edge over those who run nvg as it wont be affected by flashlights (I hope).