Natalino

The Reap IR Thermal Scope - Coming to Tarkov

With our current status on zeroing on midrange optics, and many reflex being off center i have to point out:

there is no firing in the gif. Am i the only one who's genuinely concerned about this? It feels like there is no testing other than looking through it in game..

Just now, uttkarshgonnade said:

What the duck am I paying 1 mil roubles for then? Just to see some shiny black and white poo ?

You are paying for scope that gives you an edge over flashlights and nvg's during night, while shooting/spotting players in bushes or partially in cover.

Just now, uttkarshgonnade said:

Its gonna cost around 1 mil roubles, why would I pay 1 mil roubles when I can use NVGs

It's a thermal scope - it shows you the heat signature of enemies.

7 minutes ago, uttkarshgonnade said:

Its gonna cost around 1 mil roubles, why would I pay 1 mil roubles when I can use NVGs

Because these can be used in BOTH day and night with no adverse effect from flashlights, is essentially a big scope that highlights everyone else for you against background thus making spoting people really easy and negating any camo that is not hard cover.

Yeah, no wonder why it's so expensive.

• Hot 2
  • Confused 1

I really don't think this has any place in this game.. I feel as if it will screw things up for all the players who don't get to play as much as others who play like no tomorrow. The kind of advantage this gives over players who don't have it is ridiculous... I guess if we had more details on how far the "limited range" actually is maybe? but it doesn't take anything but 9-12 runs on factory to get close to 1 million rubles and then you get OP scope and see everyone hiding in bushes? idk. I see it has a battery meter in the sight picture.. will it actually run out and you have to carry batteries on you now? Idk. Guess we'll see how it plays out. 

Good luck sneaking around in Night Factory. Just get on the rafters and use this scope and you'll see them. Pray you see them first I guess.

• Like 3
  • Sad 3

I don't know what to say about it. I mean, yea cool and stuff like that, but I'm affraid it's going to be too OP. At least at the beginning. I hope they will find a good balance from the start, if not this will be very frustrating for the victim side.

I really hope those batteries will be needed, and that is going to be sensitive to bright lights. Another downside from what I see from the screenshots is the fact that although you ADS it, you still have tactical awareness, you still see what's around you and that is not good. This scope only has advantages...and it should have some downsides. Yea, it's expensive, but that is nothing for a guy with 5 full money cases. I hope it has downsides...

Just imagine someone camping the spawning areas on Woods....he'll kill everyone (Spawns will change, so we'll have to wait to see that as well). 

Really sceptical about them...i hope i'm wrong. Only time will tell...but still, i remember thermal from Arma and DayZ the Mod...

Edited by Redseven
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 2

That is pretty awesome! It's very niche but fits well within the lore and the price of 1m seems balanced to me. Impressive work devs. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, P0LARIS said:

I really don't think this has any place in this game.. I feel as if it will screw things up for all the players who don't get to play as much as others who play like no tomorrow. The kind of advantage this gives over players who don't have it is ridiculous... I guess if we had more details on how far the "limited range" actually is maybe? but it doesn't take anything but 9-12 runs on factory to get close to 1 million rubles and then you get OP scope and see everyone hiding in bushes? idk. I see it has a battery meter in the sight picture.. will it actually run out and you have to carry batteries on you now? Idk. Guess we'll see how it plays out. 

Good luck sneaking around in Night Factory. Just get on the rafters and use this scope and you'll see them. Pray you see them first I guess.

I can make the same argument about literally everything that is good in game, I would say that any optic with magnification would be a great advantage over others since you almost always have a backup sight. Armor is the same way, the list goes on.

2 minutes ago, Redseven said:

I don't know what to say about it. I mean, yea cool and stuff like that, but I'm affraid it's going to be too OP. At least at the beginning. I hope they will find a good balance from the start, if not this will be very frustrating for the victim side.

I really hope those batteries will be needed, and that is going to be sensitive to bright lights. Another downside from what I see from the screenshots is the fact that although you ADS it, you still have tactical awareness, you still what's around you and that is not good. This scope only has advantages...and it should have some downsides. Yea, it's expensive, but that is nothing for a guy with 5 full money cases. I hope it has downsides...

Just imagine someone camping the spawning areas on Woods....he'll kill everyone (Spawns will change, so we'll have to wait to see that as well). 

Really sceptical about them...i hope i'm wrong. Only time will tell...but still, i remember thermal on Arma and DayZ the Mod...

I am hoping that they royally screw ergonomics or something.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, RSCV said:

so you're gonna add a scope to a game that already struggles to encourage people to bring in gear because they aren't very good and price it at 1mil? People barely bring NVG/Fort out. Re-think the price?

That's wholly dependent on the individual. The game doesn't need to constantly encourage people to wear specific gear if you don't want to. Being geared up in Fort, Kiver and suppressed M4 and/or suppressed DVL can give you a better chance at survival or advantage in a fire fight, but that also comes down to skill/tactics

Thermals being expensive is something people wanted because thermal optics in other games tend to be way too overpowered and easily obtained. Pay attention to HOW the optic works. It's a small optic and like thermal scopes IRL of its size it's range is limited and visual clarity is obscure. 

This optic looks great, seems to work as intended, and only for the individual who is willing to take that 1million rouble risk. 

Thermal scopes are very situation-based. It may work well on night runs without NVGs where the moon is full but you need that extra little bit to confirm you're looking at a bush or a person being stationary. But it won't work very well when it's pitch black and you already have NVGs 

9 minutes ago, uttkarshgonnade said:

because i like seeing heat sigs of bodies

7 minutes ago, P0LARIS said:

factory is an enclosed map, there is no way im taking a 1m scope in factory, i would take it to shoreline when we get the 30 player map in, and in free roam..... never EVER FACTORY 

For 1mil roubles I could get 33.3 AKs... Definitely a "wipe day" item. Or just sell it.

Cool nonetheless but I only see those richy rich 5 man squads using them.

Edited by vicwiz007
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

looks good, lets make sure the price stays high so not everyone and their grammies have them.

Edited by Borges80
  • Like 1

Just now, Borges80 said:

looks good, lets make sure the price stays high so not everyone and their grammies have them.

this price and the price of the cases are perfect, i love it!

• Upvote 1

It mentions short range, hopefully this is kept <100M

Oh and I cant wait for the next wipe so I get mine for free in the Edge of Darkness edition stash, right devs? :)

Edited by smokatoke